listed for the interview

kulla

Registered Users (C)
I just talked to immigration officer in VSC and she was very good and polite .I asked here where do we (me and my wife) stand in the process. And she replied that we are in the listed for the interview and when ever there is a opening ,you will be called for the interview. And she said have a good day. This means our name checks and background checks are cleared?

Kulla,
I hate to burst you joy of bubbles.But looks like you filed in the frist week of Feb 07.If you look at DC timelines.They have not even completed sending out IL for Octobers 06 folks.Looks like it is taking a good 365 days to receive IL.The folks over the phone are minimum wage non USCIS employess, who will tell you anything to get you off the phone.That has been my expereince.Best is take infopass and get one from offical officer.:eek:

dude4mretonva is right

Kulla,
I hate to burst you joy of bubbles.But looks like you filed in the frist week of Feb 07.If you look at DC timelines.They have not even completed sending out IL for Octobers 06 folks.Looks like it is taking a good 365 days to receive IL.The folks over the phone are minimum wage non USCIS employess, who will tell you anything to get you off the phone.That has been my expereince.Best is take infopass and get one from offical officer.:eek:

I 100% agree with dude4mretonva. I feel the same way about these idiots working at the cust service at USCIS. They can give you status update on your file but till your interview is scheduled, all they do is make guesses and those guesses never make sense.....atleast to me.

Don't mean to offend anyone but.....I don't see any reason to call anyone "minimun wage" or "idiots". Most of these customer service people are trained to say exactly the same thing to everybody that calls in. If you already knew they were "minimum wage" or "idiots", maybe you are the idiots for calling them. If any of you don't like the process or the people working on it, them simply don't apply for any benefits offered by USCIS, give up your G/C and go back to your respective countries.

I'm sorry you feel that way

Don't mean to offend anyone but.....I don't see any reason to call anyone "minimun wage" or "idiots". Most of these customer service people are trained to say exactly the same thing to everybody that calls in. If you already knew they were "minimum wage" or "idiots", maybe you are the idiots for calling them. If any of you don't like the process or the people working on it, them simply don't apply for any benefits offered by USCIS, give up your G/C and go back to your respective countries.

I certainly do not agree with fjmb23 here. May be people who are getting offended fall under the same catagory that's why they are getting too offended here. In the past I have earned my H-1B visas and GC thru my effort and hard work so I know what I am talking about. Just to give you an example, when I work for some company or oganization, if somebody asks me a question and I don't know the answer to it, I simply tell them I don't know....I tell them that I will find out and get back to them. I don't make guesses and give them false answers just to please them or make them happy.....Get my point?

I certainly do not agree with fjmb23 here. May be people who are getting offended fall under the same catagory that's why they are getting too offended here. In the past I have earned my H-1B visas and GC thru my effort and hard work so I know what I am talking about. Just to give you an example, when I work for some company or oganization, if somebody asks me a question and I don't know the answer to it, I simply tell them I don't know....I tell them that I will find out and get back to them. I don't make guesses and give them false answers just to please them or make them happy.....Get my point?

It sounds to me like she knew the answer to the question and she gave it. There isn't an opening yet. What more information did she need to give? She might be getting minimum wage and she might even be an idiot but it sounds like she was polite and answered the question. I don't think she made a guess or gave a false answer in this case.

Well, let me give you a few examples of my recent dealings with USCIS. I visited my local office 3 weeks after sending in my n400 application to inquire about the NOA letter. I was told that it will take another month. When I got back I had that letter. When I called the USCIS a month after my FP, to inquire about my security checks, I was told, don't worry about it, security checks are not done until after the interview. I wrote down the person's ID just in case I have to file a WOM for a delayed processing. Luckily I received my interview notice within days of my conversation. Even the Ombudsman in his report to congress has said that conflicting information is given out on the USCIS phone line.

Have you had a good experience in dealing with the phone line and/or infopass?
It sounds to me like she knew the answer to the question and she gave it. There isn't an opening yet. What more information did she need to give? She might be getting minimum wage and she might even be an idiot but it sounds like she was polite and answered the question. I don't think she made a guess or gave a false answer in this case.

Yes 100% false answer

hazydog,

In my case, yes she definitely gave me a wrong answer. I have been told many times that my finger prints were cleared. I even received a notice in the mail saying that my finger prints have been expired after 15 months so I need to get them done again in Sep. This lady advised me that the reason I got this 2nd FP notice is because the first finger prints that were taken last year in May were not clear so they have to re-do them again.....hahahahaha, what a joke. USCIS realized it, what......after 15 months. Not only that I was also told by the customer service officers on many occasions that all my background checks are clear and I should get my IL in the mail any day now, but whenever I went for the info pass apptt visits, I get to hear a different story. They tell me that besides name check there is an additional background check and that is holding my case. Now who do I believe ? :confused:

....I was also told by the customer service officers on many occasions that all my background checks are clear and I should get my IL in the mail any day now, but whenever I went for the info pass apptt visits, I get to hear a different story....

And that is the part that I simply don't understand. If USCIS' Customer Service was telling you something and the IO at the infopass appointment was telling you another thing, then why did you keep phoning those "idiots" back?. One of those "idiots" was courteous enough to correct an address mistake on my application on the form and telling me exactly when I should be receiving a letter stating the correction on my address. Ahh, I forgot to say that she said "Thank you for calling us" then asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Customer Service doesn't care that you've been stuck on name check for 15 months, that is your problem, not their problem, they are trained not to feel any symphathy for you, but to be emphatic.

the customer service rep. can only read you the exact words that online status shows. they are there for those folks who do not have a computer.

It's not about having online access

the customer service rep. can only read you the exact words that online status shows. they are there for those folks who do not have a computer.

It's not about having online access or having a computer like sicker mentions. The cust service officer will give you the status on your file, no doubt about it. For e.g. the other day when I was out of town & I had called them up and the lady told me about my finger print apptt on a certain date. USCIS online system never talks about that.
Now to why we call customer service is because nobody has time to make info pass appointments, take half a day off from work & go and visit the local DO to make inquiry about pending cases on regular basis. Personally I was disappointed when the lady at customer service told me that my finger prints were probably not clear that is why I was sent another notice after 15 months instead of saying that it's their routine procedure and FP do get expire every 15 months. O'well.