list of 485 filing info

sniyer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am filing 485 on my own. I just thought to confirm if i am on the right track. Please add to this list if u find anything missing.

1. Form I 485 for self and wife
2. Form G-325 A - Biographic Information for self and wife
3. Form 9003- Dept of Treasury - IRS for self and wife
4. Form I 765 - EAD
5. Form I 134 - Affidavit of support for my wife
6. Employment letter from employer ( or future employment letter)
7. Finger printing for EAD. form
8. Application for Advance Parole ( What form do i need to file)

Is there anything that i am missing in this

what about proof of tax payments ? is it required?

what should the covering letter state... whom shd it be addressed to? if there is any format please do post it in this thread.

thanx

I will try and fill in as much as possible

- Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole) is I-131

The following needs to submitted for each applicant

- Filing fees as follows; separate checks for you and spouse for each application
   - $220 for each Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (I-485) for each applicant
   - $100 for each Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765), one for each adult applicant;
   - $95 for each Application for Travel Document (Advance Parole) (Form I-131);
   - $25 for fingerprinting for each applicant

- copy of I-94

- copy of all (past and present) form I-797 indicating approval of H1/H4 status i.e. the green notice of approval forms that you took for your H1/H4 stamping

- copy of the entire passport including blank pages and front and back covers.

- Copy of birth and marriage certificate; birth certificate has to be from local municipal office; hospital birth certificates/baptism certificates are not accepted; if birth certificate is unavailable, then you need to produce a Non-availability certificate from the municipal office; in addition, two Affidavits of birth from persons with knowledge of your birth.

- Six immigration photos

- Medical examination report from INS approved doctor; download Form I-693; the results will be given to you in a sealed envelope which should not be opened

- Don’t use I-134; it’s an affidavit of support for a visitor; instead use I-864 (it’s 11 pages compared to I-134’s 4 pages)

- Supporting documents for I-864 are
   - Job letter on company letterhead
   - Pay stubs for the most recent two months
   - Past three years W-2s
   - Past three years tax returns
   - Latest bank statement indicating bank balance
Remember to notarize your ‘Affidavit of Support’

I hope I have covered everything.

Good Luck

I don\'t think so

When they don\'t need the primary applicant\'s educational info, why would they need those of the dependent.