List all the Nick Mandallapas of World, so we can take action against them.

devin

Registered Users (C)
Please provide information on all agencies who do fradulant labour substitution,If You know some so That we can provide that information to law enforcement agencies.

Maintain a backup of this thread regularly. It could get deleted by admin. I remember it happening to a similar initiative earlier on. You guys should report these to USCIS with proof (if they had posted ads etc).

Some Info

nTan said:
With 25K per labor these guys might have made a lot of money.. But i just can't understand one thing, how come guys are able to afford to pay 25K and say 5K for rest of the process.. Man it is very difficult to save that kind of money. For most part I would prefer to go back and come back in H1b again after a year of vacation... Money will be better spent..

Just my 2 cents.
ntan

:) There will be many takers even at 25K. No offence but seems you are new in US. Here is some info
1) A person whose billing is $100K per year (this is average. for some it's even more especially in NY/California area) has to pay 30% - 40% to his consulting company holding his H1B as such he gets only $60K - 70K/yr. So he is loosing $30 to 40K every year. Such people will have no problem paying 25- 30K one time .
2) On top of that most have educated spouses who are on dependent visa & cannot work. So they loose another 60K - 100K every year there.
Total Loss for couples where both are qualified : 90K (30 + 60) to 140K(40 + 100).

3) Most people who come here are well qualified & highly ambitious so they may have business plans which they cannot implement or have to pass because they don't hv EAD/Green card.
The joy of having one's own business "priceless" :)
This category not only includes guys doing jobs but also includes people who came here for higher studies & come from business class families. Do you think it would be difficult for a businessman who has send his son/daughter for higher studies cannot spend rupees 11 lakhs (indian currency) more?

Believe me you would know the real importance of Green Card the day you have it.
I have a friend same age as mine , who came on H1B in 2001 applied for GC in 2002 from PA got his labor in 4 months, his EAD in 9 months - his wife also started working & their earnings doubled by end of 2002.
In first quarter of 2004 he got his GC, same year he opened his consulting company , has 15 - 20 guys on payroll keeps varying, takes atleast 30% from each, earns 5 - 8 times more than i do OR rather i should say we do :D , drives mercedes , in 2004 bought house in india, recently bought house in USA.
By the way did i tell you i came in 2000 & applied for GC same time as he did ;)
(but from a different state) .

Nick Name CEOs

I feel that One Man Army company CEOs with western nick name, like Mike, Nick, Pete, and Andy who want to hide their original Indian identity are most likely to do this kind of fradulant activity. I might be wrong.

I have warned my friends who dealt with nick name Directors and CEOs. Most of my friends don't even know their CEO's original name since another HR person (mostly a relative to the NICK name CEO) used to sign all the papers and cheques. All of my predictions were true.

After landing USA, When a candidate realize the reality of that dummy desi companies, they have no other option other than telling 'bye bye' after filing labour. Couple of months/years later labour gets approved. Thats how these companies get approved labour. And again they target unfortunate people and ask for 10-15K from them for the labour. Most of the time this money will be deducted every month from the salary leaving 50K or 60K to the W2.

Very few people might have got GC by this effort. Others end up in forums like this posting questions like 'I applied for 140, my company is shutdown; or My 485 is pending. My boss is absconded; or I fear that my labour is used for somebody else;' like that.

For many desi Nick name CEOs, 'Benz SUV and Million dollar bank balance' honeymoon doesn't last long. Mostly they are with expired visas and will escape to home place after getting 200K-500K bail.

The affected H1 guy transfers his visa to another good company. None of his friends/relatives will listen to him when he asked them to not to pay money to file H1 or labour. Oneday they call from the Airport saying that 'they just landed in the land of opportunities' or 'They are leaving the country for good'.
This is a cycle.

FBI doesn't involve in cases unless the total amount of the crime is above 5Million. FBIs involvement is required to bring people from off the coast and to prosecute. I hope even if Mandalapa gets escaped, he will be brought back because of the money involved and the type of crime.

I don't think other small chotta CEOs dealing with 1M or 2M will be brought to justice even if we complain to USCIS. They have enough things to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for Info

Can You provide link to the advertisement posted by them.If any of you
guys talk to these folks please record the conversation. We may need this as a proof against them, specially when they say "pay me this to get labour certificate/H1 B visa".

Please also list the Lawyers doing fradulent cases fo them

Aaction may be talken against them, as they may be willfully representing someone who is breaking the law.

I am totally stripped and left helpless

I am totally stripped of my savings and my wife savings and I had paid whopping $40 Grand YES Forty Thousdand Dollars because these Desi Consulting Companies. I really wish that Labor Substitution BE STOPPED and that is the key for Fraud.

Other is filing multiple labor certifications. I trust in God and God has punished this guy in another way. So I believe if they escape punishment here by humane they cannot from God.

I wish the DOL monitor these guys and put behind bars for their blood sucking greed. :)

This guy asked me to pay all the money in one amount and I had to ask my friends some amount since the Interview Letter for AOS went to him and he refused to give unless i pay him off :eek: . I am just off from huge debt of my B-School (top 10 school) and on top of it this. It left me penniless. :mad:

Rayudu.

hello All

Please for a compaign. Thes Blood sucking employers should be punished. Even it happes to me too. Since I landed in US I am with this fucking employer. he drives me crazy and still I did not cross my LC stage. This guy attract me for past 5 years by opening dummy companies in different states. By the time he opened there it all went to backlog. Now my LC which applied in NJ 4 years back came out. Now he is asking money for filling my own LC and for my H1B renewal he chagrge me all amount. For pasdt 5 years I earned for him. I left pretty good career in India and caught in this loop. Please do form COMPAIGN to punish this guys.

I agree with asnssf

But This may help us identify these fraudsters and lawyers representing these fraudsters, We will report this to concerning agencies, which will make it impossible for these guys to get approvals because of heightened scrutiny.

we can't help people who say "defraud me"... & In most cases they know for themselves that they are acomplice to this fraud... Otherwise why would they
come ahead of genuine people who are waiting for years in queue.

...... Our compaign is not to find and help victims(employees) ... because there is none(many may get GC through these people, some may cry foul if they don't but everyone know they are part of fraud)..............but to help real victims, the one who are waiting for years for their GC.

Sully their name enough that their own residency in US is threatened.. forget about helping someone get one.

So who will take action against fradulent labor substitution? Who will take action against expoitative employers? There were a lot of times I was tempted to purchase an approved labor, but did not have courage to do something wrong. My friends purchased approved labors for 7K, 10K in 2003 and 2004 before retrogression, got their green cards, bought houses well settled. They told me "You do not have courage, you are not brave". Well what they said was true, I did not want to do something which I felt was not right.

Almost 70% of people I meet who came on h1b in age group of 35 to 45, who come as SAP, SIEBEL consultants who have families etc... almost all have purchased pre approved labor for the sake of wellness of their families. Their children now go to big medical schools and marry doctors from India.

When I went for my H1b stamping for the first time in Chennai in 2000, there were touts in the line, Rs.500 for securing a decent place in the line. I complained to the cops there that I suspect few people standing in line for money, the cop told me he will take care, but he was just smiling, the consulate staff were also friendly with the cops. The guy next to me in line told me that even the consular general knows this, and is coming up with a solution but if I am not going to keep quiet now and keep complaining, these guys will book me for nuisance and put me in jail so I better keep quiet.

Well, it is the 'NATURE OF THE BEAST'. Who will do what? What does someone get in listening to these issues like retrogression, labor substitution etc... I know so many people in early 90s who came here, worked their way towards a green card by doing pharmacy courses and they had lawyers figure out ways to get a green card. Most of them have changed their original name. Till date lawyers know all workarounds and loopholes for securing a green card. Now lawyers say that employment based is getting a bit difficult as compared to before. There were lawyers who used to arrange green card marriages. But the rules have changed now and lawyers feel that is not a good route anymore.

What is the best thing to do? Has complaining helped? As far as I am concerned, if I am on h1b, I am still at the mercy of my employer and I have nothing much to do. My employer might be earning millions on 100+ consultants, but what can I do? My employer will not support me if I fight against all these. He will only try to eliminate me so that he does not have trouble. He will get another GC hungry h1b bhakra.

For employment based GCs the only solution is "Elimination of Substituted labor" and "End of Retrogression". These two things are something the companies will never support people like us. Lawyers not get into this. Our only way out of this is to request for relief so that our lives and families do not come under extreme difficulty because of this, something like a temporary EAD card till we can file for 485. As far as elimination of labor substitution is concerned, till now there would have been thousands of complaints and lawsuits regarding misuse and something must definitely come up. Certain things, we must live with. It is the "NATURE OF THE BEAST".

h1b_prisoner said:
:) There will be many takers even at 25K. No offence but seems you are new in US.

Yes

Agreed the shortcut method does give lot of leaverage around and makes one more finiancially sound... to some extent.
But don't you think, one is only trying to kill a good system in place..... what good is that extra money when U are breaking the law.[If U are all set to break a law -- U can make much more $$$ elsewhere]. Well that .. U might say that I am too idealistic.... But I will tell you I have some of my seniors who came to US long time back ... [Between 1991- 1995] ... and they say never they have had heard of such a thing in past. They all got there GC standing in the LINE.

I think by doing all these shortcuts .. we are only putting extra burden on all future immigrants to make a few guys rich.

devin said:
Can You provide link to the advertisement posted by them.If any of you
guys talk to these folks please record the conversation. ".

FYI, whether you can legally record a conversation without the other person knowing is contingent on state laws. Do more research on these laws for within state and inter-state conversations to avoid problems for yourself.

Honesty always prevails .. in the LONG RUN

chanduv23 said:
So who will take action against fradulent labor substitution? Who will take action against expoitative employers? There were a lot of times I was tempted to purchase an approved labor, but did not have courage to do something wrong. My friends purchased approved labors for 7K, 10K in 2003 and 2004 before retrogression, got their green cards, bought houses well settled. They told me "You do not have courage, you are not brave". Well what they said was true, I did not want to do something which I felt was not right.

Almost 70% of people I meet who came on h1b in age group of 35 to 45, who come as SAP, SIEBEL consultants who have families etc... almost all have purchased pre approved labor for the sake of wellness of their families. Their children now go to big medical schools and marry doctors from India.

When I went for my H1b stamping for the first time in Chennai in 2000, there were touts in the line, Rs.500 for securing a decent place in the line. I complained to the cops there that I suspect few people standing in line for money, the cop told me he will take care, but he was just smiling, the consulate staff were also friendly with the cops. The guy next to me in line told me that even the consular general knows this, and is coming up with a solution but if I am not going to keep quiet now and keep complaining, these guys will book me for nuisance and put me in jail so I better keep quiet.

Well, it is the 'NATURE OF THE BEAST'. Who will do what? What does someone get in listening to these issues like retrogression, labor substitution etc... I know so many people in early 90s who came here, worked their way towards a green card by doing pharmacy courses and they had lawyers figure out ways to get a green card. Most of them have changed their original name. Till date lawyers know all workarounds and loopholes for securing a green card. Now lawyers say that employment based is getting a bit difficult as compared to before. There were lawyers who used to arrange green card marriages. But the rules have changed now and lawyers feel that is not a good route anymore.

What is the best thing to do? Has complaining helped? As far as I am concerned, if I am on h1b, I am still at the mercy of my employer and I have nothing much to do. My employer might be earning millions on 100+ consultants, but what can I do? My employer will not support me if I fight against all these. He will only try to eliminate me so that he does not have trouble. He will get another GC hungry h1b bhakra.

For employment based GCs the only solution is "Elimination of Substituted labor" and "End of Retrogression". These two things are something the companies will never support people like us. Lawyers not get into this. Our only way out of this is to request for relief so that our lives and families do not come under extreme difficulty because of this, something like a temporary EAD card till we can file for 485. As far as elimination of labor substitution is concerned, till now there would have been thousands of complaints and lawsuits regarding misuse and something must definitely come up. Certain things, we must live with. It is the "NATURE OF THE BEAST".

chanduv23,

I know that things are tough for you because you have chosen the honest path. Honesty nevers pays dividends in the short term. However in the long run you will be rewarded. There are simply no doubts about that.

It is sad to see so many fellow Indians praying on helpless immigrants of their own country. I guess money rules everything. All of these guys need to be reported to the authorities and jailed. They deserve to be punished.

I have been waiting in line for such a long time and its painful to see people cheat the system and get their GCs ahead of me. The loopholes in the system that allow such activity should be plugged. Hopefully all these crooks will take note of the situation and stop doing what they are doing.

As honest immigrants it is also our duty to not promote such behavior by going to these people. I know most of us do this out of desperation but resorting to illegal means is not right and full of peril. What seems like a smart idea at the moment may turn out to haunt people for the rest of their lives.

regards,

saras76

nTan said:
Yes

Agreed the shortcut method does give lot of leaverage around and makes one more finiancially sound... to some extent.
But don't you think, one is only trying to kill a good system in place..... what good is that extra money when U are breaking the law.[If U are all set to break a law -- U can make much more $$$ elsewhere]. Well that .. U might say that I am too idealistic.... But I will tell you I have some of my seniors who came to US long time back ... [Between 1991- 1995] ... and they say never they have had heard of such a thing in past. They all got there GC standing in the LINE.

I think by doing all these shortcuts .. we are only putting extra burden on all future immigrants to make a few guys rich.

The reason for my posting was to make people aware about the importance of GC and not to encourage “breaking the law” because many people on H1B think they are not loosing anything by being on H1B. Just like you said “I would prefer to go back and come back in H1b again after a year of vacation...”

nTan said:
“But don't you think, one is only trying to kill a good system in place.....”
Which good system are you talking about ?
If the system was good then why are people talking about “fighting retrogression” ?
If the system was good then why did some people get labor in 3 – 4 months (GC in 1.5 – 2 yrs) & some waited/are waiting for 4 years for the labor to come & do not know when they can get GC ?

nTan said:
“But I will tell you I have some of my seniors who came to US long time back ... [Between 1991- 1995] ... and they say never they have had heard of such a thing in past. They all got there GC standing in the LINE.”
Yes you , me & many others WERE also waiting in the LINE, ARE still waiting in the LINE, WILL keep waiting in the LINE. ( BECAUSE WE WERE BORN TO WAIT IN THE LINE :mad: )
But you know what, there were people who joined the LINE along with us as well as after us & they have left the LINE long time ago.

If the system is good then what are you & me doing on this forum ? :D

( WAKE UP !! Don’t let the best years of your life pass you by.
You deserve more than H1B, you deserve more than standing in the LINE so don’t say “you prefer to come back on H1b again after a year…”. Next year’s H1B quota is not for you or me , it is for people/freshers who come next year. )

saras76 said:
As honest immigrants it is also our duty to not promote such behavior by going to these people. I know most of us do this out of desperation but resorting to illegal means is not right and full of peril. What seems like a smart idea at the moment may turn out to haunt people for the rest of their lives.

saras76,

I respect Ur idea on this... but why do Indians are so much for ... paying out huge sum of money just to get something faster... I read one post over here who beautifully explained the benefits of giving huge sum of $$$ to get the GC.. I guess he was from India ...

I am from India too ... where one is expected to pay even to get ones' D/L... I hated that system and hmmmm I find the same thing happening here.

Well, people who create the system are well aware of all these things. Why blame desi small companies? These companies do take a ride on us because they are desi and thats how they deal with desi. Take any gulf country, singapore, malaysia etc... where desis go as unskilled labourers, it is our desi agents who exploit them. People who leave their country and go to another country do not have much leverage. Though it is not 100% true in case of immigrant friendly countries like Canada where the whole idea behind immigration is to improve the economy, that immigrants are exploited, a country like United States does experience a heavy influx. But controlling the flow of skilled workers by retrogressing green cards, changing rules every month, denying EADs to people who have been in the system for 7 to 8 years paying taxes and social security and contributing to the growth of the economy and making it extremely difficult to people at a stage where we could contribute more to the economy is definitely something that is not acceptable. A system that allows a person to sit in front of the computer and forward resumes through emails and earn money through selling substituted labor is definitely not a healthy system.
I have never had any bad experiences here and always been respected. But I would definitely not support a system that would kick our asses from the back - EB3 retrogressed for 3 years - then eb3 and eb2 retrogressed for 6 years - still processing 1999 cases - backlog elimination centers entering data and then processing rest of cases - labor substitution - pre approved labors available for eb2 with non retrogressed dates ....... All this looks like a party toast for people who reach the top of the system easily.

Well see the immigration system over England, Canada, Australia.... The genuine employee gets permanent residency in FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis .... If you pay proper taxes and continue employment....

But in US, employers dectate the shit...come on man... curb employment GCs thru employer...so that these kind of exploitation can be eliminated easily....

freakin AC-21 law...i hate that law...it says leave your ass and join some where after 180 days and same token gives a revoke right on 140 to employers , they misused the law...... what is the point of having ac-21 then...

each state has their own lc rules......some states you get in a week..some states 4 years ...genuine people suffer a lot ...

People jumped into these kinda of f***ng pre-approved labor thru these dumb companies paying big bucks.... .... some people got their GCs in 5 months ( i am not jealous on them)...where is the developed country immigration system...which direction is it going.... some desi companies misused the system and became rich overnight... 2.1 million from pre-approved labors...give me a break... I would also blame the buyers....

The system is broken .. it is unfair

apol,

You are right. The system is broken in its current state. The sad part is that USCIS, DOS and DOL know the problems and they know how people are exploiting the loop holes. However, nothing is being done because no one is really concerned about legal immigrants getting their GCs. In their view there is nothing to gain. Taxes are being collected, EAD and AP renewal fees are being collected, coporations are paying for multiple labor certs and other processes. As far as they are concerned the system is working perfectly. Money is being made and very few immigrants are becoming permanent residents. You have to agree that at some level, most politicians are happy about the way things are. The US wants immigrants to come here and add value to the economy but they do not want us to settle here because they want the pie for themsevles. Its basic human nature I guess. I don't hold anything against them. Most corporations are also happy because they get to over work and under pay their immigrant workers for a much longer time. With all these benefits why would they want to fix this system. It is only broken from our perspective and hence it is only us who have to try to do something about it. No one else is going to do anything in the short term.

regards,

saras76

2.1 million

apol said:
some desi companies misused the system and became rich overnight... 2.1 million from pre-approved labors...give me a break......

This might be a tip of iceberg .... desi's ran wild into these desi dens to fetch a better PD....

Surge in older PD's ---- Correctly predicted that as guys are waiting .. they might start to drift backwards for few more years.