Lisa1, Fam, Fundoo et all...

srinivinod

Registered Users (C)
Here is something different. Just called INS and AVM has an updated message saying INS has sent a letter requested additional information. The letter was sent on Feb 25. I reckon something is working out there. Lets hope with me providing whatever the information they want, I should see daylight soon. Good thing is I am soo relieved that AVM sounds different now.

Wait continues..

Do they update the AVM randomly or what ?

My lawyer recd a RFE requesting for photographs for my EAD extension and the AVM still says the old message \'Your Appl was recd on ....\'.
Atleast, you know that they have worked on ur case and hopefully, the RFE should be something for like latest paystubs, W2, etc. By the way, do u have a Masters for ur EB2 or u were EB2, thru BS+5 category (Mine is EB2-BS+5)

Good luck

Also, my 140 was processed in VSC and I am not sure whether this would delay the case

Fam..Here is my take in this

I have a Masters and 5 yrs experience. I dont think at this point it matters. Category approval happens with I-140 stage. I dont think RFE can be anything like Paystubs/W2. My company changed Name in 2000. I am guessing this could be something related to that. Anyway I have not received the letter yet. Wait just adds to the agony.

Has anyone seen approval upon turning in RFE during this stage?

What could it be? Darn in...

srinivnod, do not worry about it. Everything will be okay. If it is related to company

name change, just let you attorney send a letter to INS. And, INS will approve your case very soon. Our company changed its name slightly(XXX, INC to XXX, LLC) also at the end of 2000. Our attorney said that they just file a "form" with INS and those people\'s case get approved very soon. They filed a "form" (appended I-140 in my case because they started getting RFE for other people already at that time) for me last year after file my I-485. It get through INS in about two months. And, I think you might know that I-140 processing was very slow last year. So, I guess the one my attorney files is not necessary go through the normal process according to INS.

srinivinod and fam

srinivinod , did you get the RFE yet??

fam - my 140 was also done in VSC?? did u get an RFE??

My AVM said RFE was sent to you on FEb/08 and me nor my attorney recevied it.
but suddenly now its saying we received a reply to RFE on Feb\'26.
this is driving me nuts.
anybody in the same boat??

I think you should be ok now

rfe may be for VSC to get your 140 file to TSC. That may be the reason why you or your lawyer did not get rfe notice.

Yes I received the RFE and my lawyer has responded back

with all the necessary documents. Basically here is the gist. In the 485 application there is a biography portion where you describe your history. My lawyer had mentioned that Ive been working in States since 96. True but INS neeeded more clarification since my H1 only started in 99. Fact is I was working 20hr/wk in school for my research assistantship and had Practical Training EAD for one year from 98-99. We had to furnish these information (I-20, PT copy, and a certified letter from my school stating I had a grant and I was maintaining lawful student status until I graduated). Lawyer said I could expect response 2 weeks from now. I am only praying.

Will post more when I hear anything..