Likely September Interview at Mumbai Tracker.

Re: Case number given on 7/17 by Mumbai Consulate

Originally posted by GC_BMBOO
sent them an email inquiring about interview date and PCC. They replied stating that they expect to schedule an interview in Sept and that no local PCC required.

Do we (my wife and I ) have to get our passports attested so that my name shows on her passport and vice versa...
Apparently, at Mumbai for H4 visas, that is a requirement. Wonder if they have this for IV's....

Any info on the above would be useful otherwise will shoot off an email to the Mumbai consulate....

Thx

You dont need to do this.

planning to call up the consulate

Wanted to know what is the best time to call Mumbai Consulate?
I also had sent an email on 26th....no reply yet from the consulate.

Thanks

Re: planning to call up the consulate

Originally posted by tamtam
Wanted to know what is the best time to call Mumbai Consulate?
I also had sent an email on 26th....no reply yet from the consulate.

Thanks
Any time during Indian Business Hours

Re: Re: planning to call up the consulate

Originally posted by satishdave

Any time during Indian Business Hours

What time is better with respect to getting connected to the person faster? How long is general wait time? Please let us know based on your own experiences...

I believe there is only one number to call Phone: (91 22) 363-3611 (as per their website).... Does any one know direct number to Immigration section?

called up consulate

but couldn't get thro' as the lines were busy continously....the direct number of immigration section is 363-7407-7408. I had tried today at 5am. I'll try again tonight...

Tamtam.. Did you ever recd reply back from consulate?

Tamtam.. Did you ever recd reply back from consulate? My details are similar to yours. Lets be in touch. My email is gkothari@yahoo.com....

Contacting Mumbai consulate ?

Was anyone successful getting reply back from the Mumbai consulate regarding interview date? I have been trying (email/tel) without luck since past 1 week....

Has anyone whose case was sent on 07/24, heard about probable interview date?

gckothari

Yes,
I have sent an email twice on 23rd and got one reply very next day and another today.

Got reply to email from Mumbai today, saying "hopefully will be scheduled for sept 2002".
I think we can get confirmation only around 8th of this month.

Mumbai consulate email turnaround appx 4-5 days !

Mail sent on 07/29 got replied back on 08/02 with following messages....

"You are most likely to be scheduled for the immigrant visa appointment for the month of October 2002. You may visit our web site around mid September for October appointment. "

When I spoke to operator, she asked me to re-check with them on 7/8 Aug, if they can accomodate me in Sept list... Hoping for the best.....

Best time to call Mumbai consulate is between 2:00pm to 4:00pm Mumbai time...

Welcome August

Today is 4th of August and all potential September candidate are expecting to know by or before 15 of August. Let us make sure if any one of us get any confirmation of date post it here immediately.:)

I think my packet recd around july4th approximately and i recd a reply yesterday saying that "my interview would be in october". Actually, I recd an email about 2 weeks back saying that "my interview would be in september", now i am not sure whats going to happen.

According to the statistics from the previous months, i should get in september.

Let's see.

gc_cp_usa

Do you know when a case number was assigned? Was it on July 4th....coz if that was the case, I would have expected a sept interview for u.

A case number was assigned to me around July 15th and my AC-140 packet was probably received around June 19th.

GC_BMBOO

My case number was assigned in June, but they needed some more documents which they recd around July 4th.

So, I was expecting sept but now....

September

Received mail from Mumbai consulate confirmed Septermber inteview date....

"You have an appointment scheduled for September 24, 2002. We sent an appointment letter on August 5, 2002. If you do not get it in the next two weeks, you or a friend can collect a Duplicate Appointment Letter any business day before 11:00 a.m. from our public Information Window. "

You may also send email/call to get your interview date.

Guess I need to start a new thread "***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!"... See you all there....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: September

Originally posted by gkothari
Received mail from Mumbai consulate confirmed Septermber inteview date....

"You have an appointment scheduled for September 24, 2002. We sent an appointment letter on August 5, 2002. If you do not get it in the next two weeks, you or a friend can collect a Duplicate Appointment Letter any business day before 11:00 a.m. from our public Information Window. "

You may also send email/call to get your interview date.

Guess I need to start a new thread "***Confirmed*** - September Mumbai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!"... See you all there....

Congratulation man!
Hope they gave you this info in reply to your email.

Sept Interview Postponed

Just got confirmation that my Sept interview has been postponed to the week of Nov 18. Below is the text for those who may be interested. Good luck to all you!

gcOgc

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 11:31 PM
Subject: RE: Immigrant Visa Application for Consular Processing

O.K. WE WILL SCHEDULE YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW IN THE WEEK OF 18NOV02 AND PACKET4 WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOUR MUMBAI ADDRESS.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 11:18 PM
To: MUMBAIIV@state.gov
Subject: RE: Immigrant Visa Application for Consular Processing

Sir/Madam,

I have applied for an Immigrant Visa Application for Consular Processing at your post. The packet 3 for my case was forwarded to your office on <date>. My details are:

Name: < name >
INS Receipt No.: < INS reciept no. >
NVC Case No: < NVC case no. >

I understand that my interview date is likely in September, 2002. Unfortunately, I will not be able to travel to India until November, 2002. So, I would like to request for a postponement of my interview date to the month of November. Suitable times for me are the week of November 18th or November 25th. Any day of either week will be fine.

Additionally, I also request for my packet 4 to be sent to the following local address in Mumbai:

< local address >

Thank you for kind attention in the above matters.

Sincerely,

< name >