Likely September Interview at Mumbai Tracker.

review complete this week, will I get sept

Just learnt my review is complete. If things follow the trend so far, case should be sent to consulate on 24th . Can I make it for Sept date in Mumbai?

Re: review complete this week, will I get sept

Since it's Mumbai, you've got a very good chance of making the Sept. list..

Originally posted by tamtam
Just learnt my review is complete. If things follow the trend so far, case should be sent to consulate on 24th . Can I make it for Sept date in Mumbai?

change of address

Hey guys,

My case was sent to Mumbai Consulate on 07/01/02. Mumbai Consulate replied saying most probably they will schdule me and my spouse in September.

My spouse is in India and has not come to US since we got married on April 28th this year. So she has India address in DS-230 part - I. But they have changed the address in India after filling for GC, i.e. moved to a different appartment from the address that is three in DS-230 part I.

I am here in US (in Pittsburgh). I too want to move to a different appartment before I go for interview in September ( assuming I will get in september). So again there will be a change of address than what I have in my DS-230 part I.

Do you guys know if it would be a problem ??

monk12

Re: change of address

Originally posted by monk12
Hey guys,

My case was sent to Mumbai Consulate on 07/01/02. Mumbai Consulate replied saying most probably they will schdule me and my spouse in September.

My spouse is in India and has not come to US since we got married on April 28th this year. So she has India address in DS-230 part - I. But they have changed the address in India after filling for GC, i.e. moved to a different appartment from the address that is three in DS-230 part I.

I am here in US (in Pittsburgh). I too want to move to a different appartment before I go for interview in September ( assuming I will get in september). So again there will be a change of address than what I have in my DS-230 part I.

Do you guys know if it would be a problem ??

monk12

I think during interview you may ask to change of address. If it is not urgent hang on till October to same address to avoid any possible risk. By that time you will get your GC.

Rcd rply from Bombay

NVC sent on 7/17.
Rcd reply from bombay
"You are most likely to be scheduled for the immigrant visa interview for the month of September 2002 provided your case remains current."
I thought NVC only send if yr case is current.
As everyone getting similar reply?

Re: Rcd rply from Bombay

Originally posted by sm99999

NVC sends if your case is current or is expected to become current within one yr. Mumbai schedules only after your case is current. But thats a prettry weird from Mumbai, the first time they have mentioned PD's for EB cases..

Re: Rcd rply from Bombay

Originally posted by sm99999

NVC sends if your case is current or is expected to become current within one yr. Mumbai schedules only after your case is current. But thats a prettry weird reply from Mumbai, the first time they have mentioned PD's for EB cases..

Case sent to consulate on 07/24

My case got forwarded to Mumbai consulate on 07/24 (Review date 07/16). I hope to get September inteview.... When should I send email to Mumbai consulate to inquire about likely interview date?

I believe they receive electronic notification earlier than actual physical papers? Anyone know, when exactly it happens?

My case sent to consulate today

Hoping for sept interview. The operator at NVC said that it takes 5 to 10 days for the case to reach the consulate.:)

Re: Re: Rcd rply from Bombay

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

NVC sends if your case is current or is expected to become current within one yr. Mumbai schedules only after your case is current. But thats a prettry weird reply from Mumbai, the first time they have mentioned PD's for EB cases..

Thanks Moulin for posting.
I don't think I have to worry since the dates are current and I guess its more depends on person replying yr email.

DS-230 Part II Question 29 and 33a

What shall I fill for the followings on DS-230 Part II? Please confirm my guess.....

Myself
-------
29. Name and address of Petitioner : **** Employer Name and address ****

33a Have you ever applied for a SSN
Myself : **** YES **** Give the Number 999-99-9999
Do you want SSN to issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)? **** YES ****

(Note : As we need new SSN card with same old number, but without any restrictions)

Wife
----
29. Name and address of Petitioner : **** My Name and address ****
33a Have you ever applied for a SSN
Myself : **** NO **** Give the Number ___________
Do you want SSN to issue you a SSN and new card ? **** YES ****

No reply from Mumbai consulate?

My case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on Wed, 07/24. I send them a mail asking for tentative interview date on 07/24 U.S. afternoon time.

Based on what I read here, I was expective reply very next day 07/25! But till today (07/26), I didn't receive any reply. Any idea, how long shall I wait, before sending 2nd mail?

It is likely that they ignore the mail sometime... OR they always send reply to mail....!

gkothari, you are right about DS 230 II questions

For your email wait today & may call them on Sunday Night (that will be Mondau morning in India).
Telephone# available in immihelp.com

Re: No reply from Mumbai consulate?

Don't worry. There have been a couple of times when I recd a reply the very next day and some other times when I never recd a reply or got a reply after 3 weeks!! I would suggest wait for a couple of days and then send them another email.

Originally posted by gkothari
My case was forwarded to Mumbai consulate on Wed, 07/24. I send them a mail asking for tentative interview date on 07/24 U.S. afternoon time.

Based on what I read here, I was expective reply very next day 07/25! But till today (07/26), I didn't receive any reply. Any idea, how long shall I wait, before sending 2nd mail?

It is likely that they ignore the mail sometime... OR they always send reply to mail....!

Case number given on 7/17 by Mumbai Consulate

sent them an email inquiring about interview date and PCC. They replied stating that they expect to schedule an interview in Sept and that no local PCC required.

Do we (my wife and I ) have to get our passports attested so that my name shows on her passport and vice versa...
Apparently, at Mumbai for H4 visas, that is a requirement. Wonder if they have this for IV's....

Any info on the above would be useful otherwise will shoot off an email to the Mumbai consulate....

Thx

H1-B Petition Extension?

Following are the details of my case.

Current H1B Petition expires on 11/30/2002
I-94 stamps expiry date is 12/10/2002

Case forwarded to Mumbai consulate : 07/24/2002

Likely interview date : 09/2002 or 10/2002

Shall I worry about asking my lawyer to apply for H1B extension (as normally H1-B extension process is started 3 months before expiry of current petition i.e. sometime around Aug/2002)?

OR I would be fine timeline wise and no need to worry about. Please let me know your opinion....

Re: H1-B Petition Extension?

Originally posted by gkothari
Current H1B Petition expires on 11/30/2002
I-94 stamps expiry date is 12/10/2002

I wouldn't bother about the H1 right now.. If everything goes well, you should complete your CP well before that !! In any case, you need to make sure the INS receives your petition just one day prior to 11/30/2002 to continue to remain in valid H1 status :)

Case still not received by Mumbai consulate as of 07/29 (it was sent on 07/24)

Strange... Today (07/29), received email reply from Mumbai consulate that they still haven't received my case. NVC had forwarded the case to Mumbai consulate on Wed 07/24/2002....

Seems they didn't receive the electronic notification, as they used to receive !

Anyone else, whose case was forwarded on 07/24, heard anything back from consulate yet?