Likely SEP/OCT/NOV_04_MUMBAI Interview Candidates Come Together

anushri

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I have sent my P-3 on 07/08/04 and NVC has entered in their system on 07/12/04.
I am expecting OCT/NOV interview.
Anyone with near by dates and expecting the similar interview dates in MUMBAI please come together in the last few days of GC process so that we can prepare ourselves together and share our doubts and problems and tips with others.
Please give as much details as possible and be in touch.

anushri

I140 approval:04/08/04
P3 sent to NVC:07/08/04
NVC entered in their system:07/12/04

Hi,

I just got our case no. at Mumbai yesterday (AC 140).
What's the best way to track the Consulate web site for the interview date? Because I noticed that that some of the case no. ahead of me already have an August interview date.

Thanks
Apurwa.

Apurwa,
As your case was created yesterday it is very unlikely that you may get in Aug you can expect in Sept/Oct.

The best way to track is to keep calling the consulate starting from 5th of the month till 15th of the month.

The cases you are reffering to might have been created couple of months ahead of yours.

thanks

AC140 received by Consulate on 19th July

Mumbai consulate received my AC140 case on 19th of July. I have not got the case number yet. Does anyone have any idea when my interview might be? I am thinking it will sometime in September?

Thx

Q's

How do you find out about the interview date?

The US Consulate's website states that they put up the interview schedule on around the 15th of the month for interviews for the next month. That gives between a 15-45 day notice and could be a little short. Could you postpone the interview schedule and by how much?

sdd

mansu said:
Mumbai consulate received my AC140 case on 19th of July. I have not got the case number yet. Does anyone have any idea when my interview might be? I am thinking it will sometime in September?

Thx

My AC-140/EB2 was received by Mumbai on July 22 and my attorney recd email on July 29 notifying the case #. So I am expecting interview in late Sept/Early Oct.

I am sure you receive get your case # soon.

sdd said:
How do you find out about the interview date?

The US Consulate's website states that they put up the interview schedule on around the 15th of the month for interviews for the next month. That gives between a 15-45 day notice and could be a little short. Could you postpone the interview schedule and by how much?

sdd

sdd,

Depending on your processing dates, you should have an anticipation on when the date might be (2 mo. range). You should also call the consulate from 5th of the month to see if your interview is scheduled next month. That way it will give you at least 25 days time and maybe more. If I were you I would'nt flirt with the postponment unless it is extremly necessary.

AOS approved on July 30th.

mansu said:

Thx

Looks like I won't be going to Mumbai for CP anymore. My I-485 application was approved on July 30th. Lawyer says he plans to withdraw I-824 and the CP docs from the consulate. Is that the right thing to do? Any suggestions on what to do in this case? I have read about similar cases on this board where AOS gets approved while waiting for the CP interview but can not locate them. Can someone point me to those threads.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
mansu said:
Looks like I won't be going to Mumbai for CP anymore. My I-485 application was approved on July 30th. Lawyer says he plans to withdraw I-824 and the CP docs from the consulate. Is that the right thing to do? Any suggestions on what to do in this case? I have read about similar cases on this board where AOS gets approved while waiting for the CP interview but can not locate them. Can someone point me to those threads.

Thanks!
That's good for you. Lucky you!!! I would think that it is OK.

Medicals in Bombay

I'm a likely Sept/Oct/Nov interview candidate for Mumbai. Does anyone have a confirmed list of vaccinations? The ones i hear abt the most are MMR and tetanus. Also, are people getting vaccines in the U.S. so one does not need to get it in India? I believe you can take your immunization history documentation with you. Thanks.

srivasr said:
I'm a likely Sept/Oct/Nov interview candidate for Mumbai. Does anyone have a confirmed list of vaccinations? The ones i hear abt the most are MMR and tetanus. Also, are people getting vaccines in the U.S. so one does not need to get it in India? I believe you can take your immunization history documentation with you. Thanks.

I belive it depends on the hospital also. My personal exp. was with Hinduja. There they gave me MMR as my last MMR was over 8 yrs. back. Other vaccinations they said it is not suitable to be give at this age. So my suggestion is, if you go to Hinduja, do not waste your time after immunization history.

Any news on September interview dates ???

Has anyone been lucky to get the Sept date yet, or any info regarding it ???
:confused:
GCM

Medicals

Confirmed with Lilavati that one can get MMR in the U.S. and bring certification, and that way you can avoid taking it in India. If you have not taken tetanus recently, they will waive but will note that you should take it in the U.S.

srivasr said:
Confirmed with Lilavati that one can get MMR in the U.S. and bring certification, and that way you can avoid taking it in India. If you have not taken tetanus recently, they will waive but will note that you should take it in the U.S.
Unless you have already taken the MMR, I don't see any reason to take it in the US. For the price of the shot in the US, your complete medical exam in Mumbai (including the shot) will be done.

list of documents

hey can u give us the list of doucments. We have also got 30th sep date for interview in mumbai. can u please forward the list of documents so that we can verify if something is missing

thanks

AC140 - Delhi

Hi Guys,
I keep reading a lot of posts on AC140 with experiences in the Mumbai Consulate , would appreciate if somebody could enlist their recent experiences
in the US Consulate in Delhi also.
I have an interview in Sept'04 and would request to give your experiences including travelling , medicals , paper work needed and interview etc. Have an EAD and an AP for my wife and myself and AP for my kids who are on H4. Is there any other paper work needed while travelling which may be needed to be shown at the airports ?
Also I had applied for I-485 and accordingly paid my application fee for $ 305 each for my wife ( who is also on HI) and myself and $ 160 each for my kids.
Will I still need to pay $335 application fee for processing my AC140 case at Delhi or just the difference of $30 & 175 respectively.
Thanks

Oct 28 '04 appointment in Mumbai

Hi All,

I see th at this thread has not been updated for long.I will wait for a few more days for it to catch up.

I have Mumbai appointment on Oct 28 10:15AM.

Anyone on Oct 28?

Thanks,
R