Likely Oct Interview - Mumbai

Chandu Bhai

Registered Users (C)
Folks,this thread is long overdue now as Chennai folks already have a thread for Oct & Nov! So lets get together and make this a memorable experience.
My Details are : P3 sent to ST.Louis 07/22,NVC received P3 08/13.:)

Review completed on 08/21.

Where are all the Mumbai folks gone?? We had a very enthusiastic crowd for Aug & Sept. but Oct thread is just not picking up.Mumbai wake up..this is so unlike Mumbai.

VVM1 ..Looks like the 2 threads for Oct

Mumbai needs to be merged.But surprisingly not people are participating in the Oct thread.Is it that the rush has come down?
I am not very sure if I would get the Oct interview.Lets stay in touch.I had sent a mail to Mumbai but they have not yet replied.Did you receive any reply?

VVM1 Did you receive any reply from

the consulate? I have sent 2 mails already and they have not replied.Yes I did mention my case # in the subject.

Yes I did get a reply. It took around a week.Be patient.Has ur case reached the consulate?

Last edited by a moderator:
VVM1 I cannot afford to be patient for

long,not if I am trying for Oct interview, as Mumbai is in the middle of scheduling dates and requesting for visa # allocation.You probably can afford to be patient as your case was sent out long back.

I was wondering if ur case has reached the consulate.since you have gone thru the NVC,has NVC sent ur case to the consulate?

If ur case has reached the consulate before the 20th of Aug I am sure you will make the October dates. So chill out man....

NVC has informed that my case was

sent out on 21st Aug.So I am wondering if at all I will make it to Oct interview.How sure are you that the cut off date is 20th?I have seen that cases which reached in the end of July have all got Sept interview.Similarly for July & Aug.The cut off that you have mentioned is true for chennai.

Its just a guess. Since one of my friends case sent out on the 23rd of June got Sept 16th. So I made a calculative guess. I am not sure of the cut off dates,but I think Mumbai starts scheduling interviews after the 20th of each month until the 5th of the next month. These dates are just a guesstimate.So maybe you will still make it.
BTW are you EB2 or EB3?

What did the consulate reply to you?

Did they indicate that the interview will be held in Oct? Did you try calling them? I am in EB2.How about you? There could be few cases like your friends who missed the boat,but generally if the case gets sent out by the 25th,chances are real good of making it.

I gave them my case number and name.They replied:

"We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in October 2002."

I think you'll make it. I got the reply after 5 days mailed on 14th. Got reply on the 19th.

Did you send ur email at : mumbaiiv@state.gov

Yes i did send it to the correct email address.

What number did you call the consulate and what time is preferable?

In same boat

Hi chandubhai,

My consular port is Mumbai and waiting for NVC to review my case. Was received by nvc on 8th Aug. Calling NVC and receive same answer 6/8 weeks. Also checked cptracker.com Looks like nothing happening for last two weeks for CP cases.

Hi Guys,

Any progress.? Anybody sent mail to consulate? I think its time to do so.

Spoke to an operator in the consulate.She said

Oct interviews have already been scheduled.Strangely she said my papers have not yet reached there.So I guess its' Nov now.Good luck vvm1.I think you ought to call them now to get your dates.

I was allotted case # by NVC.

Mine is regular CP process.Mumbai does not seem to reply to mails as I have already sent 3 mails.

Where are all the mumbai boys gone. i have not seen anybody except you and me unlike chennai where there seems to be a lot of activity. whats happening?