**likely November 2002 Interview Tracker- Mumbai Consulate **

dpk123

I also got an email from consulate saying same thing that p4 was mailed to me and lawyer on 7th. I talked with another friend and as per him, they send p4 thru regarlar mail hence takes atleast 15 days.

Pkt 4 Issues

1. How long does it take for pkt 4 to arrive?
Pkt 4 is sent using regular mail via Washington DC. So, it takes bit long. Usually, it takes around 20 days.

2. Haven't rec'd your pkt 4 and your departure date is fast approaching?
Don't dispair - you can always go to the consulate before your inteview and collect it in person.

gcOgc

case number listed on web site?

gcogc, kapildev, amit and all,

Do you see your case number listed on the Mumbai consulate web site?

As I posted earlier, my case number is not listed, but consulate replied to my mail telling me that the interview date is Nov 26. Any guesses on who is incorrect here, the web site or the email from consulate? I tried calling them, but could never get through..

Please reply.

Thanks.

omeregc.

Re: case number listed on web site?

Originally posted by omeregc
gcogc, kapildev, amit and all,

Do you see your case number listed on the Mumbai consulate web site?

As I posted earlier, my case number is not listed, but consulate replied to my mail telling me that the interview date is Nov 26. Any guesses on who is incorrect here, the web site or the email from consulate? I tried calling them, but could never get through..

Please reply.

Thanks.

omeregc.

Yes, my NVC case number is on their website. I suggest you persist with calling them as well as sending them an e-mail about this. I've found that the best time to call them is between 2:00 - 4:00 PM IST.

Hi guys..

couple of questions.

1. Visa fees, I think we paid 300 odd dollars with packet 3 (per head).

how much do we pay at consulate. Is it $65?

2. anyone doing medical from hinduja ? how is there record ?

thanks

still waiting for packet 4.

Hi omergc

My case is similar to yours.

I have recd email from mumbai consulate stating my interview to be on 26 nov .However I dont see my case listed on the website.I had almost come to conclusion that my interview would be sometime in the month of dec. The email today suddenly gave me a starling but pleasant surprise.

The email says the packet 4 has been mailed on 21 oct.

Questions:
1) do they mail it to the US address/India address.

as far as the website story goes I am planning to call up the consulate tonight .In case if you happen to get clarifications pls post.

Also I do not see any interviews scheduled on 26 nov on the website .Pretty strange.

All CP GURUS pls post your opinions as well

Thnx

bmbgc02

i'm planning to do my medical at hinduja. a friend of mine got it done there earlier. and i havent heard of anyone having problems there.

as far as fees go, my understanding is that since we've paid $335 upfront, we dont have to pay anything at consulate. but i need to get it confirmed.

my guess is that once the october interview guys are back in the US , then they can confirm

Hi gcOgc

Yeah I can see some for 11/26 mostly family based and few E3 and one /two E2. My case number still does not figure in the list.

Actually in my last search I was just browsing thru for 11/26.This time when I did a search i could find few.

I am not sure if they are going to update the list again.

Neverthless I am still gonna call them just to make sure there has been no mistake .

Hey gcOgc thanks .

:confused: :confused:

mygc02, gcOgc,

Thanks for your insights.

mygc02, what a coincidence! my case is exactly same as yours. I was also assuming that my interview would fall in december, when I got a mail today from mumbaiiv that my interview is on Nov 26, and they mailed p4 to me on Oct 17.

I have sent the mail to them asking if they are going to udpate their web listings for it.

I will also try calling them again to confirm, as now I would like to have 2nd confirmation before booking tickets.

Anyway, please keep posted here if you get confirmation.

Thanks.

omeregc

mygc02, gcogc,

1. Did you setup appointment for medical check up? If yes where?

2. If you are not from Mumbai, any recommendations on good and safe hotels nearby?

3. I guess we all have same interview date: NOv 26, how many days before that one should be at Mumbai. Do you think couple of workdays before 26 should suffice?

Thanks,
omeregc

Medicals

From experiences of previous cpers:

- Medicals are efficient at Lilavati and Hinduja. Reports are delivered on the same day and process does not take long. Breach Candy can take 2 days to deliver the reports and the process is rather slow and can take the whole day.

- Chicken pox vaccine is expensive (~ Rs. 1300 pp). So, if you have taken it (as a child or otherwise), then make sure you say "Yes" to it when asked.

- 3 passport photos, passport and ORIGINAL of the appointment letter are needed for the medicals. The passport photos needed for the medicals are standard (not the special ones needed for the interview).

gcOgc

Hi Guys

I actually reconfirmed my appointment from the Bmbay Consulate
(26 Nov) However case still not on the web site.

Not yet received pkt 4.

I plan to be in bombay by 20 Nov night. Not yet booked any tickets.Working on it. I have yet to take hospital appt.

Also arranging docs.

Keep posting

Thnx:)

Employment letter

Hello all,

Please reply if you know what kind of letter is needed from the employer for CP interview. If anyone has a sample letter, please forward it.

Apart from the salary and position description, are there any other things are are specifically necessary to be mentioned?

cheers!
amit

===
amitag,

My lawyer send employment letter to my empoyer. Ask ur lawyer to do send letter. What are we paying them for. Also do not forget take multiple copies and get it norarized.
====

Hai anyone has idea on tax transcripts. Why is it required and what's use of it?

For medical anyone heard of good experience at Breach Candy?

Letter

Multiple copies, as in notarized photocopies I assume??
I need just one original, right?- and don't need to get it notarized??

sorry for asking dumb questions- all this stuff if pretty confusing!;(

amit

Amitag,

Simple answer two/three originals each individually notarized.

One per person plus one extra as backup.

General Information

MEDICALS
From the Consulate Website:

http://usembassy.state.gov/mumbai/wwwhimmi.html#medical

All hospital are supposed to give you medical reports the same evening.

Several people (on this board) have mentioned positive experiences from Breah Candy - so it should be OK. It had a bad name because it did take 2 days for one person a few months ago.

EMPLOYMENT LETTER
My employment letter states the following:

- Position
- Responsibilities
- Salary
- That I currently am and will continue to work for them after I return

I plan on carrying 1 notarized original and two copies (not notarized). Earlier posts mention that this is OK. Why the need to carry multiple ones?

TAX TRANSCRIPTS
Tax transcripts can be obtained free of cost from the IRS at:

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/page/0,,id=15822,00.html

This serves as an official document to prove that you have paid your taxes for the past three years. It does take about 2 weeks to arrive in the mail after you apply for it. Some people have carried their personal tax papers and this is also OK.

gcOgc