**likely November 2002 Interview Tracker- Mumbai Consulate **

shah73

Registered Users (C)
Friedns let us start tracking the CP interviews and likely interview dates for Mumbai consulate.
my info:

called NVC on Aug 28:
Answer from NVC it takes 6 to 8 weeks for review

NVC received my case : Aug 23
Expecting interview : ??

SS

Hey MYGC02,
Are we in the queue for NOvember ?
Did u try calling NVC ?
Please keep updating me for ur status.
Probably our call will come together

:)

Hey guys,
What info do we need to collect after P3 ?
What I collected is following.

1. PCC certificate
2. Vaccination certificate
3. PCC stamp on the passport
4. Birth certificate copies
5. Marriage certificate Original
6. Unsigned Ds-230 part II
7. Recommonded photo (3)

Am I missing anything apart from Medicals ?

CP experts please help.....Packet 3 missing!!!!

My case was reviewed by NVC on Aug 28th and forwarded on same date to Mumbai consulate by DHL,which was delivered as per the tracking on Sept 2nd.Till date Mumbai consulate maintains that they are yet to receive my papers.They normally enter the case into their system within 2-3 days of receipt.I have also faxed to the consulate the letter from NVC ,which states that they have completed the review and the case has been forwarded to the consulate.But there is no response to the fax.When I called NVC,they say they will take action only after the consulate contacts them.On the other hand the consulate is being unco-operative.I am in a dilema as to what to do now.Has anybody faced this kind of a situation before?Pls. suggest a way out of this situation

hey Beat IT,
You are lucky in this. I am US citizen and applied for my wife. I work in India and was transferred here last year. I have to submit affidavit of support for my wife. My case was review on 12 of this month and was send back for some correction. I don't know what to do but November CP is already gone. Now hoping for December or Jan CP.

It seems that ur interview will be in either Nov or December.

Good luck yar.
My case is totaly messed up.
Let us see what will happen.

Hey MYGC02 no response from you ??

Hi SHAH73

Just checked with my lawyer who in turn checked with the NVC. NVC says it is just 4 weeks and it usually takes 6 - 8 weeks for reviewing any package. I guess I will have to wait.I am not sure that at this pace ,when to expect an appointment. Getting a little tired of this wait game. Well seems ur case was reviewed pretty fast since mine and your case were recd by NVC together.

What was the correction required in your case.

Hey beat it

You might want to call up the consulate or send them emails about your case. They might respond eventually. I have read that the consulate generally replies in two /three days. You might want to try the same a few more times.Gud Luck

Mygc02...I have been sending mails to consulate

practically every day.They have replied to only a few saying that they do not have my case.Now for the past week they have stopped replying.I am virtually helpless here as both NVC & consulate have no clue as to where the papers are.

hey MYGC02,
I have entered the total income in i-864 (affidavit of support) form. I have supporse to enter income of my W2 only. As I have mentioned I am transferred from US to India on assignement and get indian salary so that income will not come as my individual income.

My case is totaly messed up. I have income in US (W2) which is just below poverty line so I have to show my assets. which is OK but I may lose around 1 to 2 months for this.

let me know if you know some body whose app. was sent back during review, how much time did it took to recap ?

waiting for ur reply,

waiting for NVC to review P3

Hi all,

I sent P3 to STL on Aug 23. NVC recd it Sep 9.
Standard reply- it will take 6-8 weeks to review before they forward to Mumbai.

Does anyone know if we can get all vaccinations during the medical in Mumbai? I don't have any documents to show for my or wife's vaccinations.

Hoping for Dec/Jan interview.

Amit

Hey Amit,
You have to get vaccination certificate from Municipal corporation. Ask ur wife to apply in municipalty give some Rs 100 or so and they will give you certificate of all the necessary vaccinaton. other than polio and ecg you contact some senior physician pay some Rs 200 and you will get the certificate from him for rest of the vaccination. make sure that that docter had pursued degree before ur wife's birth.

good luck:)

vaccinations

Thanks Shah73!

this is the first time i've known about getting a certificate from the municipalty. but, basically, if we can get a doctor to certify pre-dated that we have received the vaccinations, that would be ok?

Amit

interview documents

hi again,

wanted to check on another point-

do we need to carry the original I-140 approval notice for the interview? my lawyer is telling me that NVC will electronically transmit all documents to the Mumbai consulate. Lawyer is unwilling to give me the original, saying that is for their records.
I have a photocopy as well as original of the duplicate that INS sent to my manager.

thanx for your feedback

Amit

Hey all
Not sure why mumbai guys are so inactive. Chennai guys are doinfg a fabolous job by posting their details whereas nothing is coming out from mumbai guys.

Pls squeeze out some time and keep the thread alive

In my case:

NVC review completed 18 sep 02
Forwarded to mumbai 25 sep 02

Can I expect Nov Interview?

hoping for nov interview too

mine was forwarded from NVC to mumbai consulate on sep 19th.
hoping for nov interview.

whats the email address of mumbai consulate where u ask
questions. is it "mumbaiIV@state.gov " ?

thanx

mumbai CP

per NVC my case was also forwarded to Mumbai consulate on the 19th Sept.

dpk123: the address you mentioned is correct "mumbaiIV@state.gov"

I have sent them mail to find out if they have received it, no reply it.
if you hear anything let me know.

thanks.

My details

My case was approved for Sept Interview. Could not travel for some reason until November. So, I requested for postponement to Nov for interview. Was granted. Am scheduled for the week of Nov 18, they told me. Awaiting the exact date.

gcOgc

question

gcOgc : how did u communicate with mumbai consulate ?
by phone or email ?
can u tell the details ?

i am asking since i sent them email and havent received reply yet.

also, some guys have posted the date when the consulate receives their case and enters it into their database.
can u tell us how u find that ?
thanx

My case was sent to consulate on 27th Sept.

I am expecting Nov interview.I am joining the Mumbai Nov gang.

got email from mumbai but no date yet

i got an email from mumbai saying " we hope to schedule u for nov 2002" but no date yet.
i had sent email a week back