*** Likely march interview tracker ** friends lets share new NVC process info etc....

krishnatrk

Registered Users (C)
*** Likely April interview tracker ** friends lets share new NVC process info etc....

Hi Friends,

I wish you all the best at interview.
Let us prepare for march interview.Please join and share info.

My I 140 AD: oct 3rd.
NVC sent receipts: nov 5th.
NVC received receipts nov 7th.

Do we need to DS230 part II along with packet 3??.
What docs are mandatory?.
I am expecing interview in march.Do you think i too much optimistic????.
Krishna

Last edited by a moderator:
Krishnatrk,

With the new procedures at NVC, no one really knows how long it takes to get an interview.

In my opinion, March is optimistic; April/May is more realistic

A couple of questions.

1. Assuming you are filing for your spouse too, did you get one fee receipt for $670 or two separate ones for $335 each ?

2. Is your service center NSC ?

Hi All,
My I-140 approved from NSC and sent to NVC on 6th Nov. I am also in same boat. lets share our views on this. I will inform as new things hear from NVC. Thanks to all cpers.;)

Hello immig2003,

You are right. I am applying for my spouse too.
You will get separate fee bill for each candidates under the same case.You could send one check one check for all dependents.
But in the instructions they said that you may send one check for all.I would prefer sepearate checks.

My processing center is Nebraska.

I hope this will help you.Keep in touch sir.

Cheers,
Krishna.

Krishantrk,

Thanks for the reply. I am anticipating a small (I hope) problem

I am a GC holder, my wife is on H1. Her employer is sponsoring her for GC. I-140 has been approved for cp. In 140 application the lawyer put my name in part 7 (I looked at the 140 form - it just says put your Husband/wife and children’s name - does not give you an option to exclude them if have GC)

Now I am going to get fee bills for both of us & if we just pay one, the case might get stalled because NVC will wait for the second check.

I-140 AD (for my wife) = Oct 17. Cannot track case at NVC because company lawyer won’t give I-140 LIN number.

I am not sure what new processes are taking place at NVC. But I am not currently happy with NVC. My I-140 got approved on Aug.7, 2002 and I still haven't received Packet 3 from them. I have called them a dozen times and they keep telling me that it has been mailed at my lawyers address but there is no sign of it. A friend of mine also had to encounter the same situation and got Packet 3..... 2 months after NVC kept saying it has been mailed. I am not sure why they do that. Anyway I still waiting for it.

I think it would probably take 6-9 months to get an Interview with all the changes in the procedures.

I have applied for I-140 with CP option and is in the process of collecting all the required documents. I understand the new procedures are in effect from 10/1/2002.

Now do we have to send all documents like BC, PCC, Marriage Certificates, any affidavits for these, to NVC instead of carrying with us during the interview time?

Has anyone being asked to submit here as per the new rules. Pl share your experience.

Thanks,
Tito

Gumby,
I agree with you.There is no use with CP with new NVC procedure.We can't go back at this point.
if NVC say that they mailed p3 they must have done it, they never give false info.Its may because of postal delay or address change some thing like that.There may be other possibility that your employer might have told your lawer not to deliver.
If NVC sends the p3 usually it will reach within 3 weeks.

Hope you will get it soon.
Good luck.

I am in the same boat

I sent the visa fee bill to St. Louis on 6th and waiting fot the next phase. Guessing it might take two to three weeks for NVC to send p3 to my lawyer.

Thanks,
:rolleyes:

krishnatrk,

Thanks for your reply. I think it must be the postal delay. I confirmed the mailing address with the NVC and they have the correct lawyers address and they told me that if the mailing address was wrong then they would have received P3 back. The lawyer told me it takes 10-12 weeks after 1-140 approval.....so according to him it should be arriving any time soon.

So lets see what happens.

Where's Feb list?

Just wondering why there isn't a Feb interview thread. Did I miss something?

:)

Delay in NVC because of new process

Well, there is much delay in process now and because of new procedures majority of applicants that got their I-140's approved on or after Sep 15th are pooled into a bunch.

However there might be few out there that are anticipating feb. interview.

BTW..Is there any one out there that got their check cleared from St.Louis according to new procedure?

Considering all these it seems 485 is the best way. As we are already in the middle there is no way we can return to it.

pl post your details in cptracker.com

SO that it will be easy for everybody to see various time gaps agter 140 ad and before gc interview etc......

me 2 expecting Mar Interview (hopefully)

I-140 AD : 22/Oct/2001
I-824 AD : 31/Oct/2002
NVC RD : 04/Nov/2002
NVC case
Create Date : 11/Nov/2002
NVC info req : 15/Nov/2002 (nvc wanted to confirm whether my appln is AOS or CP as my current address is in USA)

Cheers,
Ganesh.

bvganesh,
Congrats man.
Why you have apply for 824.
Why do you need to inform them for CP don't you mentioned at hte time of 140 filing?
Did you receive fee bills?.

Krishna.

Krishna

Krishna,

I've not yet received the bills yet from NVC (for $335 right?)

The reason for I-824... when I applied for I-140, my lawyer forgot to mention that it's CP. So, by default it went to AOS. When the I-140 got approved, I was pondering whether to go ahead with AOS or still file I-824 and continue with CP. In Nov 2001, the waiting period for I-824 was about 40 days at NSC. So, I applied I-824. But withing few days I-824 got completely stalled and had to wait over 10 months and finally got I-824 approved. Additionally since my marriage was on the pipeline, it was convenient and I just left it to drift.

Couple of days back I had the query from INS regarding whether I'm going to process GC using CP @ Madras or AOS in USA as I'm currently residing in US. (My lawyer forgot to check CP @ Chennai check-box again). I've faxed a letter indicating my CP @ Chennai. Let's see how this one goes.

Have you got your bills from NVC?

Feel free to mail me at bvganesh@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Ganesh.

bvganesh,
You have option to choose AOS.No body knows how long the cp process takes.Still i don't receive p3.I would have gone for AOS if i was not specified cp while filing 140.Do you know any one who got p3 after new process.

Krishna.

Krishna & Others

PL use the thread ( ***** After 140 approval & BEFORE CASE SENT TO CONSULATE) till you get a tentative interview schedule...

That way, all of us who can expect interviews in feb/march/april/may( God knows when NVC will send our cases with new procedure) can share information which is useful for others.

ALL the best....

Sri