Likely June Interview at Mumbai Consulate

KAT02

Hi KAT02,

1) You can get a lots of information from www.immihelp.com on AC-140 and hardship is not necessary to mention in the covering letter. Follow the sample letters posted in immihelp and in this forum.

2) Time Frame : From the time your Packet 3 reaches Mumbai Consulate, you are looking around 2-3 months time to get an interview date.

3) Yes, once you choose to go to CP Route you cannot use I485 anymore. Altough there is chance of changing it back but its very hard process. I am not sure about this, you can search for more information in this forum.

I would suggest you to read as much as possible in this forum which has some excellent information posted by our fellow members and then decide for the best.

All the Best.

Hope this helps.
VinCP.

KATO2,

If you already have a pending AOS, your 485 won't be affected. If the embassy refuses your AC140, most likely your 485 will continue. You may have to let INS know if you get your GC thru AC140 to stop AOS. Good luck!;)

I-824

Thanks VinCP and Rajeev

What is the time taken by NVC to issue fee receipt for I-824? Mumbai consulate website mentions this receipt as one requirement. Is it checked during the consular interview?

Thanks.

KAT02.

I824 receipt

Hi KAT02,

I got my I824 receipt in 10 days. This might vary accordingly, you can check in this forum for details.

Cheers!
VinCP.

June interview date confirmed..!

Hi All,

I just received an email from Mumbai consulate, my CP interview would be on 24th June.

Any suggestions on where to get good deals on air-tickets to Mumbai.

Thanks,

Good Deals Air Ticket

I got good deal considering only two weeks of notice in Air France.
My travel agent was Shelly from Zee Travels, Number is (713)977-8687. Talk to Shelly she will get you good deals. This is the first time travel agent really helped me out.

Hope it helps you all.
VinCP.

Packet 4

Hi All,

Anybody got their Packet 4 yet? What is the time frame to reach Packet 4 from Mumbai to US Address.

Cheers!
VinCP.

Receiving a Consular Interview date.

I would like to know the duration it takes for the NVC to transfer the case to the local consulate after the sponsor has submitted 'Affidavit of support' forms. my case category is F4. I am waiting for my case to be transferred to the Mumbai consulate for CP. :mad:

Sorry

Sorry there, but you might want to start a new thread on this question. This is not the right thread to use. Hope you get your answer.
Cheers!
VinCP.

Hi VinCP,

I'm leaving on May 29 and I've got an appointment on Jun 02 in Hinduja.

I had to keep changing my dates so ultimately ended paying 1300 for each ticket!!

I dont think my lawyer has received packt 4 yet, but I think you can collect a duplicate from consulate directly if it doesnt come before you leave...

congrats on getting your PCC!

spulapak

Hi spulapak

Cool, i am travelling on 26th and medical is on 29th.
My wife already collected the packet 4 from the Consulate as i have not received it here nor did it reached at my indian home address.

I am planning to get the photos at 'My Photo Studio' near the consulate and get the photos that day itself. And i will get the Demand Draft too at a bank near the consulate. In that way, i will get the DD and photos done in a day.

I already have my PCC from Houston Consulate. And my wife already got her last month. And i got my employment letter from our HR today, so hopefully everything should be set for medical and interview.

How is ur document preparation going on. Did u get everything done. All the Best in advance spulapak, we definitely need it.

Please be in touch ok. email me from the forum and lets keep in touch via email ok.

Cheers!
VinCP.

VinCP,

Forgot to mention - All the best to you too !!! I'm still in the process of finishing up my docs but should have them done by Monday...

Regards,
spulapak

Medical Photos

Hi Spulpak,

I already have the normal passport photos and will be using that for medical.
All the Best , still havent received Packet 4. No Sweat as my wife has got it india from the consulate.
Are u taking Sailing Permit and Employers Financial Statements? I am not planning to take any of them.

Definitely will be in touch via email.
Thanks,
VinCP.

Nope

Im not taking any of them too. My parents have collected the papers for me from consulate..

All the best for your interview and continue to be in touch

Cheers
spulapak

All the Best to All....

My Interview is on 24th and I have not received my Packet 4 yet.

Thanks for all the help / tips.

June 16th Interview

My interview date is on June 16th but have not received Packet 4 yet. Is packet 4 unique to each applicant asking each applicant to bring specific documents for the interview or just an appointment letter and does not mention about what documents are needed for the interview? My application was processed through NVC. Original DS-230 part 1 and 2 were submitted to NVC, do I need to resubmit a copy of the original DS-230 or another set of original at the time of interview?
Thanks.

Packet 4

Hi MumbaiCP

I am not sure if the packet 4 is different for each applicant. It lists the documents that you are supposed to bring.

Dont sweat if you do not receive packet 4. You can ask someone to pick up a duplicate copy from the Information Window of the Consulate. I have not received it yet but my wife picked it up from the consulate and its valid.

Hope this answers ur question.
Cheers!
VinCP.