Likely June Interview at Mumbai Consulate

VinCP

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am starting this thread for people who are scheduled or are likely to be scheduled for June Interview in Mumbai Consulate.

I got an reply to my email and am scheduled for interview on
4th June 2003. Mine is AC140 Case and EB2 Category.

Please put in your details and lets get the list going for June.

Thanks Everyone
VinCP

Date

Hi sp,

I got the reply in two days and they mailed my packet 4 to mumbai address and to my lawyer in US. I had not requested them to do so, my guess is good as yours which is due to early interview date in the month they had sent Packet 4 to both addresses.

Looks like they are drafting the dates right now.

Cheers
VinCP.

Date are coming out

Alright Guys,

Please post your name and june dates in this thread so that we can track people for June Interview.

Mine is EB2 and scheduled for 4th of June 2003.

Thanks,
VinCP.

Documents

Hi CP Gurus,

I am in the phase on preparing my docs for CP Interview. I am using the list of documents from Srifix and tapasvi.

1) How many copies do i need to take of the documents wherever its mentioned.

2) IRS 9003 Form is not required as per lots of folks in the forum, would like to hear from people who has gone to the interview recently. Appreciate it.

3) Do i need to take Copy of all my Petitions like (Labor, I140, AC140 and for recent H1B). I have them all with approvals, planning to take them anyways as its seems like more the better.

4) Is Sailing Permit still needed to take? Sailing Permit and IRS 9003 Form are the not documents i am planning to ignore. is it ok?

5) Is Company Financial Statement necessary as my company is an small company, dont know if they will give me or not.

6) Demand Draft Question
In Immihelp.com is says "There should be separate drafts for $260 and $65. If applying with dependents, there should be separate 2 demand drafts for each applicant."
Should we take two demand draft per person ($260 and $65) or should i take one demand draft per person ($335) as suggested by different folks in forum.

Please let me know, really appreciate all your inputs.

Thanks,
VinCP.

Last edited by a moderator:
VinCP,

Theres no need to take sailing permit, but Im not sure about the other stuff..

I guess its better to take copies of all your approvals.

My interview date is on 5th of June

All the Best!!
spulapak

June interview

Hi guys,

Through Email, Mumbai consulate confirmed my interview date on Monday, June 16th. I am trying to get some help finding a hotel which will be closer to both the consulate and atleast one of the three medical centers. Thanks.

Hey folks,

do you know what the arrangement is with picking up the passports and papers once they are stamped?

do they mail them to you or can you pick them up the next day.

spulapak

Hi SP

Hi SP,

Where are you planning for your medical. i am planning to take appoinment at Hinduja.

Are u planning to take IRS 9003 and Sailing Permit?

Good to know that your is very next day of mine Interview Date.

By the forums i read, you get the packet with your passport same day in the afternoon around 4-4:30 pm.
They do not stamp your passport with any visa, the temporary visa is stamped at the POE.

Cheers!
VinCP.

Does anybody knows whether hotel royal castle and hinduja are nearby? If not, any suggestions for nearby hotel and medical combo? Thanks.

Medical

Hi MumbaiCP,

Sorry i dont know about Royal Castle Hotel, but Hinduja is not nearby to the Consulate. Breach Candy Hospital is close to the Consulate.

Hope this helps
VinCP.

June Interview (CP @ Mumbai)

Sorry.. I posted a new thread instead of replying to this thread instead.

Hi All,

My case was sent to Mumbai consulate on 04/10/03 and I m also expecting an interview in June. My case is regular CP in EB2.

I have sent email to the consulate and hav'nt got any confirmed date from them yet. They had replied earlier saying I can expect an interview date in June.

I was wondering when / how you guy's were confirmed your intv dates? Did you call the consulate / email them OR did you get replied to your attorney's address?

Also, do you have info regarding the file / folders one buy in the US, that are acceptable by the consulate?

Thanks,

To get the date the most common method is sending an email
to the consulate and requesting for the date.

Since your case was sent to the consulate in April, you should
be knowing your date any moment now. Send an email with your
case number, your full name, the visa category ( E3/E2 etc.).

Even otherwise they may post the appointment on the web anytime now.

About the folders to carry your papers, there is no specific model.
Look in the local stores, Staples, Office Depot, for transparent
plastic folders , which are either fastened by a velcro strip or
string or rubber band.

Raju

Folders

Hi All,

I have bought Expandable 13 Beautone Folder which has different section in it and can put name tags. I bought two of them, one for me and one for my wife.

Hope this helps.
VinCP.

VinCP<

My medical is in hinduja too - its supposed to be the best from what ive seen in this forum.

I'm not taking a sailing permit... Anyway, my lawyer is preparing all forms so its better you double check with someone else.

MumbaiCP,

You can buy maps of mumbai online or you can even look at them online. But I wouldnt suggest looking at it to figure out your hotel !! Your best bet is to ask ur travel agent to suggest one. My reco is to get one near the airport as they are reliable..

spulapak

AC-140

Hi All

I have received I-140 (EB2) approval and am currently doing I-485. I am now inclined to do AC-140 through Mumbai consulate due to the increasing delays in I-485 processing. I have one F1 and 2 H1B visa stamps from Mumbai consulate and my current H1B is valid till Dec04.

I have few questions to all who have gone on to AC-140 route:

1) Is any covering letter required to explain the hardship factor?

(Lot of people in this forum have stated that the consulate does not press this issue).

2) What is the time frame I am looking at if I start AC-140 process now?

3) Is my I-485 chance pretty much over if the consulate refuses to even consider my AC-140 case? I know it is not very likely but just in case.

Really appreciate this discussion forum.

Regards,

KAT02.:confused:

Hi spulapak

spulapak,

When is your medical scheduled in hinduja, i am also planning to go to hinduja.
Also, i got my PCC in Houston Indian Embassy and not taking the local PCC. I got the PCC in 2 hrs as my new passport was from Houston Indian Embassy. Also, email me vinodsanil@yahoo.com we can discuss our dates. Have u booked ur tickets yet?

Cheers!
VinCP.