Likely Interview date Dec 2003 Chennai

pmt

Registered Users (C)
Case sent to Consulate 10/16/2003
Category EB2

Current status:
Received a email reply that our interview is likely to be in Dec/Jan:-(

As per cptracker, only 4 of us are with similar dates. Hard to believe;-) So, if anyone reading this post, but has not updated cptracker, request you update the info. If you have not used cptracker before, here it is:
http://www.cptracker.com/

Prep work:
I am using the following link to prepare for the interview:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90308&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=98675

Qns:
When does Chennai consulate finalize the interview dates?
What has been the past experience? Maybe cptracker.com can add one more column (i'view date finalized);-)

Is there a specific Tel # of US Consulate for immigration visa?
It appears to be 91-44-28112060. Has anyone tried this Tel # recently? I intend calling towards the later part of next week and will post what happened

How do you folks handle travel arrangements? What is the approx fare from US to Chennai for travel in Dec? Any innovative ideas? (e.g.) Thai flies to Maa direct. Started recently. From the West Coast to BKK, the fares were approx 400$ in Sep for this leg. But for the baggage restrictions, the fare worked to be under 900$ for both legs.

Thanks

Got an email from chennai consulate with interview date on Dec 16, 2003. Bang in the middle of holiday rush :-(

All Dec 2003 candidates in Chennai please use this thread

since my lawyers insisted I have not sent an email to chennai consulate to send the P4 to Indian address. I do plan on asking them to send a duplicate copy to my chennai address.

I will be leaving for chennai on the week of the 8th based on tickets for my interview on 16th so suppose P4 does not reach by then (due to thanksgiving break or whatever), is it possible to go for my medical checkup, lab stuff and the interview with the duplicate appointment letter. Has anybody in this forum done this..........

Congratulations, good luck and thanks for sharing the information.

We hope we will hear from the Consulate in the next couple of days.

You should be able to use the duplicate letter for the medical exam reading the postings in the past. I am sure someone with personal experience will share theirs if they faced any problems.

Try to leave before 5th as this seem to be the cutoff date after which the peak fares kick in:-(

Received email that our interview date is scheduled for 16th Dec at 8 AM.

Need a date change. Tried calling the direct Tel # 28112060(dir), but possibly the number is faulty as it kept ringing and eventually got a busy tone.

Called 28112000(board) and requested for the immigration visa dept. Smooth and efficient.

Requested for alternate date, towards end of Dec. I was asked to email my request and that they will get back to me in 2-3 days. Again, very professional and prompt.

GCSUCKS2003
I asked if they can forward a copy to the local address and I was told yes. For this you don't even need to call. Pls email them requesting to send the P4 copy to MAA/local address.

We are excited and thank all of those in forum for your guidance.

Folks - If anyone has some ideas that worked for them in the past to get a decent fare, please please share the tips. Here is one url I am trying to see if I can get a decent fare
http://www.etn.nl/
This appears to be connected to bulk tkting agents and we hope we get a favorable reply/confirmation.
Will probably start a new thread requesting help for making travel arrangements during the high season if no one sees this thread;-)

Urgent: Interview dilemma with labor cert

Hi all,

I have my AC140 interview scheduled for December.
I have a substitute labor cert that was approved from TX where my consulting company HQ is.
However, I have been working in NJ for the past 4 years during which the labor was applied, i-140 approved etc.

Now I am getting nervous about the interview.

Would this issue be brought up at the interview?
If it is, any suggestions for a good explanation? I was thinking maybe I can say that since I am consultant I always have to travel to client sites and work rather than where the company HQ is.
At the least, I hope this is not considered as fraud.

Please help!

Thanks

My CP Interview details

Hello pmt, GCsucks2003

My CP interview is scheduled for 12/16/2003. I am planning to start to India on 12/09/2003. I will be reaching Chennai on 12/10/2003. I am planning to stay in Crystal Residancy. I am planning to go to Lister Laboratory on 12/11/2003 morning. I called and scheduled physical check up with Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi on same day at 5.00 PM. If the medical process is completed, I am planning to visit my family in Hyderabad & Vijayawada and return on 12/15/2003 to chennai for the CP interview.

I sent a request to U.S Consulate at Chennai to send a copy of Interview Letter & Packet 4 to my relative's address in South India and they replied that they have sent the interview letter to my US address and a copy to local address in South India today after receipt of my email (very professional).

GCsucks2003, I know you are from SFO bay area. If you are still looking for DEC interview and if getting the confirmed ticket is the only issue, then try the following travel agent.

Mr. Virender Bedi, Nagina Travel, Fremont
Tel Nos: (510) 656 7242; (510) 656 7280

The ticket is around 1700 USD SFO - MAA (Singapore Airlines). Mr. Bedi managed to get the confirmed ticket to Chennai, however I am still waiting for the confirmation of return ticket. The disadvantage is I am travelling on weekdays and will be losing the "real" vacation days. Little bit favorable news for me is my wife went to india last month and I am paying this hefty price only for my ticket.

CP Gurus, Recent CPers: I have following questions.

1. What is the correct DD amount for Courier Fee? Earlier I read in a post that Amount: Rs. 300 + ( Rs.50 * No. of applicants )
Ex: An applicant + spouse, The amount would be Rs.400/-

Is this still valid? Please advise.

2. I have oversighted a detail reg. the Tax Return copies from IRS. I have sent the Form4506 -- Request for the Copy or Transcript of Tax forms, last week. However, I have copies of my Tax return from H&R block for the last 3 years (2002, 2001 and 2000). Will these suffice OR Tax Return copies from IRS are required. I may get them from IRS before I start to India. If not, will it cause any issue?

3. My wife had TB longtime back and was fully cured. I spoke with Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi (or one of her staff member) reg. this and she told me that it should be OK, if X-Ray is normal. I have kept the buffer for 3 days (12/12, 12/13 and 12/15) just in case, if further tests are required. If someone had a similar condition, Please share your experiences.

4. I am planning to return to US during 2nd week of Jan 2004. My wife is planning to US during end of Feb 2004. Will this cause any issue? Based on my research on this forum, I know the answer is NO, However wanted to check with you also.

This is a wonderful forum and I got most of the details by researching this forum and without asking a lot of questions. I really appreciate and thankful to the contributions from all members. The thing that I am very much impressed is several members who completed their CP process are continuously answering the questions of aspirants and are doing a great service. Kudos!!!

I am still waiting for documents from my employer. Looking forward to CP interview...

Best Regards
Thank you all

hi
All you need is tax transcripts. I dont know the number off hand but available www.irs.gov. The tax transcript takes 7 to 10 days to be mailed to you.

You wife can travel latter as long as you the petitioner lands first in the US. You have 6 months from the day of your visa grant to come to the USA
thanks

Re: My CP Interview details

Originally posted by Colt2003
Hello pmt, GCsucks2003

My CP interview is scheduled for 12/16/2003. I am planning to start to India on 12/09/2003. I will be reaching Chennai on 12/10/2003. I am planning to stay in Crystal Residancy. I am planning to go to Lister Laboratory on 12/11/2003 morning. I called and scheduled physical check up with Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi on same day at 5.00 PM. If the medical process is completed, I am planning to visit my family in Hyderabad & Vijayawada and return on 12/15/2003 to chennai for the CP interview.

I sent a request to U.S Consulate at Chennai to send a copy of Interview Letter & Packet 4 to my relative's address in South India and they replied that they have sent the interview letter to my US address and a copy to local address in South India today after receipt of my email (very professional).

GCsucks2003, I know you are from SFO bay area. If you are still looking for DEC interview and if getting the confirmed ticket is the only issue, then try the following travel agent.

Mr. Virender Bedi, Nagina Travel, Fremont
Tel Nos: (510) 656 7242; (510) 656 7280

The ticket is around 1700 USD SFO - MAA (Singapore Airlines). Mr. Bedi managed to get the confirmed ticket to Chennai, however I am still waiting for the confirmation of return ticket. The disadvantage is I am travelling on weekdays and will be losing the "real" vacation days. Little bit favorable news for me is my wife went to india last month and I am paying this hefty price only for my ticket.

CP Gurus, Recent CPers: I have following questions.

1. What is the correct DD amount for Courier Fee? Earlier I read in a post that Amount: Rs. 300 + ( Rs.50 * No. of applicants )
Ex: An applicant + spouse, The amount would be Rs.400/-

Is this still valid? Please advise.

{I believe it has not changed, because we have not heard
anything new}

2. I have oversighted a detail reg. the Tax Return copies from IRS. I have sent the Form4506 -- Request for the Copy or Transcript of Tax forms, last week. However, I have copies of my Tax return from H&R block for the last 3 years (2002, 2001 and 2000). Will these suffice OR Tax Return copies from IRS are required. I may get them from IRS before I start to India. If not, will it cause any issue?

{Call the autamated number of IRS as suggested by the
post above. They normally arrive in 10 to 12 days. You
should get them before you leave. In case it does not
happen, then just carry copies of W-2s and the Tax filings
you have}

3. My wife had TB longtime back and was fully cured. I spoke with Dr. N. Vijayalaksmi (or one of her staff member) reg. this and she told me that it should be OK, if X-Ray is normal. I have kept the buffer for 3 days (12/12, 12/13 and 12/15) just in case, if further tests are required. If someone had a similar condition, Please share your experiences.

{Read about a similar situation, and it does not pose any
problem. It is right, if the X-ray is clean then they don't
question it further}

4. I am planning to return to US during 2nd week of Jan 2004. My wife is planning to US during end of Feb 2004. Will this cause any issue? Based on my research on this forum, I know the answer is NO, However wanted to check with you also.

{The answer is No, as you are aware }

This is a wonderful forum and I got most of the details by researching this forum and without asking a lot of questions. I really appreciate and thankful to the contributions from all members. The thing that I am very much impressed is several members who completed their CP process are continuously answering the questions of aspirants and are doing a great service. Kudos!!!

I am still waiting for documents from my employer. Looking forward to CP interview...

Best Regards
Thank you all

{my responses}

Raju

Called IRS

Raju, ddagsyn: Thank you for your valuble suggestions.

I called IRS # 1-800-829-1040. Though I was kept on hold for prolonged time, the operator is very nice and asked several quetions (SSN#, DOB, Company name etc..) and finally said the Tax Transctipts (for the last 3 years) will be mailed in next 7 - 10 days. I may get the Tax Transcripts during 1st week of DEC, which works for me.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Colt,

Thanks for the information. The reason for my postponing to January is because my wife's university exam dates clash with the interview dates.

I have one quick question -

what are all the demand drafts should we be taking?

Recieved Copy at Hyderabad

Folks, My wife received Copy of P4, Interview letter at Hyderabad. Regards.

Typo in Interview Letter

Hello, My wife observed that her last name is mis-spelled in the interview letter. There is an extra letter at the end of her last name. Will this cause any issue? Certianly I can explain this to Lister Lab, Dr. and PO. However Do I need to be concerned and send an email to U.S Consulate, Chennai reg. this.

Please let me know your experiences and thoughts.

Regards

Re: Typo in Interview Letter

Originally posted by Colt2003
Hello, My wife observed that her last name is mis-spelled in the interview letter. There is an extra letter at the end of her last name. Will this cause any issue? Certianly I can explain this to Lister Lab, Dr. and PO. However Do I need to be concerned and send an email to U.S Consulate, Chennai reg. this.

Please let me know your experiences and thoughts.

Regards

Contacting the consulate may not be needed at this point,
however make sure to remind them and get it corrected during
your interview.

Raju

Received IRS Tax Transcripts, Interview Letter

Folks, Today I Received

1. Interview Letter from U.S Consulate, Chennai

2. IRS Tax Transcripts (for years 2002, 2001, 2000 -- plain paper, printed documents with cover letter from IRS)

Regards.