Likely December 2003 Interview: Mumbai Consulate

kkulkar

Registered Users (C)
We are starting new thread for tracking likely December 2003 Interview at Mumbai Consulate.

My case details are as follows:

BMB Case No. : BMB200368****
NVC Send case to Mumbai Consulate : 24th September 2003
Mumbai Consulate entered Case : 30th September 2003

Consulate could not accomodate me in November 2003 Interview Schedule. I was told to call back in the first week of November 2003 for exact details.

Interestingly, when I analyzed the October 2003 Employment based Cases, the last case (By serial Number) was BMB200367****

So anybody with BMB Case No. after BMB200367**** and still waiting for the interview, please post your details in this thread

Hi kkukar,
I am surprised to knwo that even though your case reached them in September,still you will have a December interview. I am about to receive my packet 3 docs sometime this week and was thinking (afetr doing calculation) that my docs should reach Mumbai by 1st week of december & I will get a January interview. But looking after your case,nothing can be said. Is November a popular time in Mumbai consulate or is it the year end which has caused so much traffic at the consulate?
One more question,how much did it take for you after you got packet3 till your packet reached the mumbai consulate?
I am contemplating that it should not take more than a month..

Hi Vermontcp

I was surprised too when my case did not make it in November 2003 Interview listing

If your case reaches Mumbai in the 1st week of December, then most likely your interview will be in the early part of February 2004.

I sent an e-mail on Sunday night to Mumbai Consulate and surprisingly received a reply that my interview is being scheduled for December 2003. Yesterday (Monday) night, I sent out another mail requesting ealry part of December 2003 interview, I did not receive the reply for that.

Anyway, October, November and December are always bad months due to lots of holidays, vacations and all that kind of stuff.

AC140 case # received from Mumbai Consulate

:)
My lawyer received case # for my AC140 application from Mumbai. Package received by consulate on Oct 20. Any guesses about possible interview date?

Thanks guys.

KAT02.

KATO2

KAT02, please check Bombay2003 and Rohufish details on CPTRACKER.COM.

Both were AC-I140 Cases. Bombay2003 received accpetance from Mumbai Consulate on August 16, 2003 and his interview date is Nov 20, 2003.

Rohufish got acceptance from Mumbai Consulate on approx. 11th July 2003 and his interview was on October 27, 2003

So my take is that your Interview will be 3 months from the acceptance letter and I could be wrong. Just my thoughts

Called yesterday night (October 28, 2003) and was told that dates were not finalized yet.

The lady also told my wife (I wanted my wife to call, I have heard that consulate people are more respectful towards ladies) that there is really no point calling Consulate.

They will reply to the e-mails as soon as finalize the dates and etc.

Lastly KD1403 mentioned that December 2003 are going to be finalized on 7th November 2003 and published on 14th November 2003.

Guys,

My case was sent to Mumbai consulate on Oct 1st and I am expecting an interview in December too. I just sent an email to the consulate asking them for status as well as to forward P4 to Indian address. I hope they respond within next couple of days.

Too bad it's going to be costly as well as difficult to get tickets to India in December :-( I hope we get clarity about the interview date soon so that we can plan better.

Octa Viva

Hello Octa Viva,

That makes us three for likely December 2003 interview. Myself, Asterix and you.

Let us keep communicating and share each others experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
be careful guys.
The male consular officer in mumbai is a REAL SOB.
He apparently does not like the idea of indians immigrating to the US and really cracks down on you, asking you questions with a tone that a jailer uses with convicted criminals.

chiks,
Who gave you this info.?
Did you hear from someone who went to Mumbai for CP recently?
I am expecting a January/February interviewand this really scares me. Just want to knwo whether you ehard a RUMOR or its from trusted source...

vermontcp

I have seen number of posts from Mumbai Consulate. I have a impression that there 2-3 Consulor Officers and one of them is a Lady.

I have also seen that if the applicant is AC-I-140, then they do little bit more scrutiny.

If you have all your document including back-ups and do not have any loopholes in the cases (like out-of-status), you dont have to worry about the questions.

kkulkar,
Oh wow,they ahve 2 consular officers? Coz the website says that teh consular officer is "Robert O Blake". So I am not sure about the 2 officer thing. Looks like luck,timing & officer's mood all will come into play during the interview!

Guys,

I got a reponse from Mumbai consulate confirming my address change to Indian address for sending P4 and that I should expect interview date in December (My case was forwarded to consulate on Oct 1st).

Originally posted by vermontcp
chiks,
Who gave you this info.?
Did you hear from someone who went to Mumbai for CP recently?
I am expecting a January/February interviewand this really scares me. Just want to knwo whether you ehard a RUMOR or its from trusted source...

personal experience.
I did in July 2003.
wife followed in Oct 2003.

same experience with the same male consular officer.

chiks ,
I have a question.
Can you and your wife go on different dates for CP interview?
I thought that both need to go on the same day for the interview.
Please clarify!
Thanks

wow! I didn't knwo about it!
What needs to get done for this?
Any info. will be great help!
Also,I am the primary applicant ,so do I need to go first and get my interview done? (I guess that's obvious!)
Please let me know in details about this "split-processing" method

vermontcp,
Did you receive your P3 ?

All gurus...
I have sent my P3 document on 13th of October to NVC
now its 31st OCt, and still NVC has not received the packet
(no update on the phone message),
does NVC update message, on receiving the packet immediately or after some days ?
Normally how much time should it take ?
I was looking for January interview, Is it still possible ?

Thanks

sai999,
Nope I didn't receive my Packet3 docs yet. They have already mailed it and its been more than a week,I hope I get it soon.

Regarding your case,chk in cptracker.com,you will see that when u send ur packet3,it goes via some St Louis route where its held for more than 2 weeks,and then goes to NVC for review. I don't knwo too mcuh detail but in cptracker.com you will find an intermediate stage between you mailing the packet3 & NVc actually receiving it.
Hope thsi helps!