likely Chennai April 2004 Interview

At Last...At Last... FREE At Last...

POE to Detroit on April 30th was smooth as silk.

A big "Thank You" to all the folks on this forum for the support and guidance. I truly appreciate it.

I recieved my social security card (without any employment constraint) yesterday by mail. My husband the primary applicant hasn't recieved one yet...should we go to the local office to pick it up?
Also when can we expect our welcome letter and the physical GC?

POE: April 26th

thanks
Meera

Adding to the last post...

I recieved my Welcome Letter today (2 copies of it) but my husband (primary applicant) hasn't recieved a social security card or welcome letter.

has anyone experienced a similar problem?

thanks
Meera

meera:

If your husband has applied for new SSN Card then he should get it in about 1-2 weeks from such application.

AS far as welcome letter is concerned it is averaging 4-6 weeks from the date of entry into usa. And another 4-6 weeks from the time you receive the welcome card to receive the GC but it can take upto 6-9 months!

kd1403 said:
meera:

If your husband has applied for new SSN Card then he should get it in about 1-2 weeks from such application.

AS far as welcome letter is concerned it is averaging 4-6 weeks from the date of entry into usa. And another 4-6 weeks from the time you receive the welcome card to receive the GC but it can take upto 6-9 months!
It's your theory anyway that the wives are more welcome then the husbands. ;) :rolleyes:

arbhai,

Your receiving and your husband not receiving the letter and the SSN are probably just a Postal Delivery timing issue. You should not be concerned about it, at least for a couple of days.

P_L

How to track Physical GC?

Could anybody please reply on How to track Physical GC?
What phone # to contact?
Which website to search for?

Thank you.

wiz69:

The web site to track physcial gc is the regular online USCIS status web site.

The number to call is 800-375-5283.

kd1403 said:
wiz69:

The web site to track physcial gc is the regular online USCIS status web site.

The number to call is 800-375-5283.
kd,

It's your 140 no. to track, right? Or there is a different case no.?

Chennai Interview docs needed

Can somebody please put the documents needed for employment based(E3) GC Interview ? Thanks
I have few questions:

1. I received letter from NVC stating that my case had been forwarded to the Chennai consulate. How do I know when they entered the case into their system?

2. I have not seen or have the copies of my labor certificate. I wanted to make sure the job title is same as in my DS230 part1. I filled DS230 myself, of course lawyer verified it, but to make sure.
Reason being: I was under the impression that my Labor was approved for EB2 category(I have my masters) only recently came to know that it was for EB3. I asked the lawyer that I wanted to see it physically, they said they need to have my employer's permission to see it.

3. Would that cause an issue if I'm on EB3 and have masters. I have been in the same job, after my MS for almost 4 years.

4. Can someone please post an employment verification letter sample.? thanks.

p3 sent MDR on 5/5/04
POE will be Detroit.
awating inteview date possibly in July.

thanks....

arbhai said:
Adding to the last post...

I recieved my Welcome Letter today (2 copies of it) but my husband (primary applicant) hasn't recieved a social security card or welcome letter.

has anyone experienced a similar problem?

thanks
Meera

Multiple number of welcome letters is quite common. Also the physical cards
arrive at different times even though all of you would have entered US at
the same time.

Just wait it out!

Raju

Going_CP said:
Can somebody please put the documents needed for employment based(E3) GC Interview ? Thanks

{Several have put very detailed lists of documents for cp interview. You
just need to spend some time looking for it. Search by key words like
'Document List' or something like that..}
I have few questions:

1. I received letter from NVC stating that my case had been forwarded to the Chennai consulate. How do I know when they entered the case into their system?

{The preferred and least expensive way is to send an email to the Consualte after about 2 weeks from the date of despatch of file and ask
them. One other way is to make a phone call and talk to them }

2. I have not seen or have the copies of my labor certificate. I wanted to make sure the job title is same as in my DS230 part1. I filled DS230 myself, of course lawyer verified it, but to make sure.
Reason being: I was under the impression that my Labor was approved for EB2 category(I have my masters) only recently came to know that it was for EB3. I asked the lawyer that I wanted to see it physically, they said they need to have my employer's permission to see it.

{I don't see the above as a question. Even if it is, don't know what to
say}

3. Would that cause an issue if I'm on EB3 and have masters. I have been in the same job, after my MS for almost 4 years.

{This would not cause any problem. I went through the same situation.}

4. Can someone please post an employment verification letter sample.? thanks.

{There are few samples out there. As above search for them using
key word (s) }

p3 sent MDR on 5/5/04
POE will be Detroit.
awating inteview date possibly in July.

thanks....

{my responses}

Raju

Thanks Raju. Sorry I did not frame Q2.
I wanted to know if I can ask the lawyer to see the labor certificate or the application where the employer has put the job title that he is requesting the LC issued ? Would they let me see it?

Thanks for the info for the rest of the question. I will search...

Going_CP said:
I wanted to know if I can ask the lawyer to see the labor certificate or the application where the employer has put the job title that he is requesting the LC issued ? Would they let me see it?

Certainly, you can ask your attorney for a copy of the LC. I do not know why
they should be secretive about that.

Raju

Going_CP said:

Normally the attorney should have sent you the copy of the labor filing, where the requested title will be indicated. Also att. should have sent you the copy of 140, where the copy of Labor cert. should be attached, which will show the labor approval title.

Both me & my husband got our physical green cards today... :eek:

thank you all for being so supportive...

-Meera

POE: April 26th

meera:

congratulations on getting your physical gc. I guess that was a smooth and quick ending to a long process. Enjoy life!

Meera - Congratulations

Congrats Meera...

Question to you?
My POE to Detroit was on April 30th. I have not received yet SSN, Welcome Letters and ofcourse the Plastic Card itself. I have asked the question before.. how to track the Physical GC..should I use my I-140# (or) the Alien #?

Thanks.

I have used both I-140 number and A#. When I use I-140#, I get the I-140 was approved on such and such date. A# is not recognized.

I am not panicking...just curious on how to track the Physical GC..