***Likely*** August 2002 Interviews Tracker - Chennai Consulate

Re: appoinment letter

Originally posted by faizee
Good luck to all you guys... called consulate they said, anytime appoinment letter will be posted....

Do you know where they will be sending the appt. letter. Since I had given a local address in India for sending the packet 4, do they include the appt. letter also inside the packet 4 OR its sent separatly. CP gurus please let me know

thanks

I think packet 4 will have only appoinment letter and instructions. then they will ask us to download from their site. but that DS230 part II is obsolete one.

what happened to the frequent visitors?

No news from targetgc, akashvani or defjam if they got september interviews. the dates are posted on the chennai website.

Hi all, I got Aug 28th Interview.

It looks like chennai give dates first to E1 then E2 and last E3 categories, not on the date P3 received by consulate.

There is one E3 appt on Aug 8th. All other
EB appts started from Aug 20th. EB2
and EB3 appts are mixed. I mean, there are some
EB2 appts after EB3.

I think it is by the consulate receipt date.
But who knows what Chennai consulate does.
It seems one thing is for sure. All the EB
appts start from the middle of the month.

Air India

If we fly with Air India to chennai, do we have to change the AirPort at mumbai?. I mean, from International to Domestic. Any experience?

Whiterose....that is how consulate does it

I have seen appointments dates at chennai website for the past 6 months or so. The schedule 'Employment based' ones in third and fourth week and in the order of E1,E2,E3. If any persons specifically request for a specific date, they do it sometimes. That is how we see E category interviews in the first two weeks also.
Pujpran

Sumathi .. you dont have to switch terminals.. if

you take Air India all the way to your end destination in India. In my case, I booked till Chennai.. so I dont have to change terminals in Mumbai. Customs check at Chennai.. thought that was convenient.

Otherwise.. guys.. me got Aug 23rd.. not sure of the logic how they assigned.. may be somebody else backed out after making request..

Do we still use this thread or use a new thread for all the confirmed Aug ?

my chennai interview is on Aug 20th

guys,

I got my GC interview at chennai on August 20th. I called them on 11th night and they informed me about it. I also saw this information today on their website.

Any other with Aug 20th inteview date.

Getting flight tickets for this period seems very very difficult.

Thanks,
Ravindra.

Re: Air India

Originally posted by sumathi_63
If we fly with Air India to chennai, do we have to change the AirPort at mumbai?. I mean, from International to Domestic. Any experience?

You dont have to change terminals nor the airport nor the aircraft. These flights reach in the middle of the night, gets refueled, and may pick up low paying pax (if they have) from BOM to CHENNAI or BLORE

AirIndia fligts

Thanks prax and akashvani.

I believe, we can checking directly to Chennai from any US city. Is that correct?. I mean, If I fly from phoenix, can I check-in the baggaes to Chennai in phoenix itself?. Or Do we have to check-in upto JFK and re-checkin at JFK?.

you should be able to check-in from any city

It doesn't matter which city you are from.
You should be able to check-in to Madras from Phoneix.

Just let them know at the 'air-ticket' counter.

That was true till last-year (when i flew from dallas). Unless if nothing changed recently , what i said should be true.

Interview at chennai

Finally got confirmed for Aug 20.
Flying by luftahnsa to Blore.
I am not sure if transit visa is required.
Airlines say transit visa not required.

hi folks, mine is on Aug 22nd !

Sorry folks, for disappearing for a while.
actually releived to have made it to august !
see u on "confirmed August " thread..