***Likely*** August 2002 Interviews Tracker - Chennai Consulate

Hi shettyv

you may be able to get august, they have scheduled interviews in July for all cases sent from NVC by 5/15, so if you add one month to that......

Which European countries / Airlines need transit visa ?

This Akashvani just tuned in...

I am considering Air India / Lufthansa / Air France for attending the CP interview. Do you guys know.. if we need to take transit visa for brief stopover in UK, Germany or France ?

In case of Air India, they say the stopover is 30 mins.. just enough to clean the bathrooms.. shucks.. that aint gonna give me time to emigrate / settle in London illegally..

Any experiences from the recent CP victors ? Cool...

do we need to carry company financial statement

immihelp mentions of co. annual report and financial statement. how important is it? Can someone please answer.

does no respone to my above ques. mean I don\'t have to needlessly worry about co.\'s fin. stat.?

gc_cper, company financial doc is one of the supporting document.

It\'s better to have it. When filing for 140 company financial doc is required document, so they might have already submitted, take copy of it.

thanks WhiteRose, does packet4 mention about such a requirement?

My company is not so forthcoming with releasing their fin. info. to me they are complaining I am asking them for too many documents.... is there someplace where I can show them about such a requirement.
thanks

folks, I checked with consulate yesterday. They said to check back after July 15 for date.

Does this mean I will get august ?
If it is then I will be really lucky as my Case recvd at Chennai June 20.

August Interview

For those who are positive of getting an August interview -

We all know by now that the way Chennai schedules EB cases, its always between 15th and 30th of the month. Have y'all blocked or purchased tickets?. The probelm with me is that I am at the border (case reached chennai on 12th of June). Chennai customer service is not commiting to specific month. They say its August/Sept. Untill close to 15th of this month I think I will not be able to know the exact date or whether I will make it for August.

Having said all these, blocking tickets is also not a option now. The travel agents say that they can block only for 10 days. Is this true or the travel agents we have talked are taking us for a ride. Not sure .

People in the same boat please share your thoughts about booking/blocking tickets and how's the situation out there, meaning are we hearing any tricks from travel agents saying peak season etc..

Please share your thoughts
thanks

gc_cper

fin. stmt is not a pkt4 requirement. just a supporting doc u carry
as a backup - 3 of us from my company had interviews on june 20/21
(all at Chennai) and none of us were asked for it.
we all had our GC papers from our lawyers just in case
(file copy of labor petition,copy of labor approval,
 file copy of I-140 petition (fin. stmt is part of this),
 and original I-140 approval)

in addition to what is listed in pkt4,
all of us were asked for a copy of recent paystub - could be
a month older - guy explained he wants to make sure we still
have our jobs considering the current situation.

hope this helps,
u_me

thanks u_me. that helps. do they ask for SSN and ITIN cards?

hope they don\'t ask me for financial statements, my co. is in bad shape financially and they refuse to divulge this information.
immihelp was mentioning about carrying social security card and ITIN cards for dependents, can you check with your colleges if they asked at chennai for these, cos i left US already and forgot to bring them along in the last minute rush. thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_cper

I did have SSN & ITIN card with me. But none of us were asked
anything besides the Pkt4 docs + one pay stub.

Co.'s fin. position is all verified at I 140 stage - at least
I haven't heard/read of any one being asked for it at
CP stage.

don't worry - you'll make it.

All the best.

u_me

Re: August Interview - travel agent

Contact Kicha for your travel needs, including emergency/non-emergency he is cool, gives competitive rates. And ofcourse you can make tentative bookings and block the seat . I just did it for myself a couple of weeks ago. He speaks most of the indian languages.

Call him on 972-513-1495 (home) or 972-365-1730 (cell)

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by gc1seeker
For those who are positive of getting an August interview -

We all know by now that the way Chennai schedules EB cases, its always between 15th and 30th of the month. Have y'all blocked or purchased tickets?. The probelm with me is that I am at the border (case reached chennai on 12th of June). Chennai customer service is not commiting to specific month. They say its August/Sept. Untill close to 15th of this month I think I will not be able to know the exact date or whether I will make it for August.

Having said all these, blocking tickets is also not a option now. The travel agents say that they can block only for 10 days. Is this true or the travel agents we have talked are taking us for a ride. Not sure .

People in the same boat please share your thoughts about booking/blocking tickets and how's the situation out there, meaning are we hearing any tricks from travel agents saying peak season etc..

Please share your thoughts
thanks

can you go before your scheduled date?

if you finish your medicals and other requiremnts can you go a couple of days before to the interview? will they let us in?

gcseeker1 ... in the same boat with same dilemma..

It looks to me that the travel agents themselves do not have much control. Their market seems oversaturated and highly competitive). They seem to be prepared to lose a client than work out a deal. I can understand why the return can be booked up (due to fall season for Indian students) but cannot comprehend why leaving US in Aug can be busy too? In all this mess, I think it is wise to go with an agent with whom you have dealt before and who can block and deliver tickets promptly. It would be one less thing to worry about.

Is the chennai consulate going to be prompt on posting the Aug schedules around July mid?

any idea from consulate about dates ?

any one whose case Chennai around 20th. MSKUM , your's also reached on 20th June ? consulate asked me to check after July 15th. i just hope to make it for august .

Hi targetgc

I have checked with chennai consulate and they asked me to call back end of july. So the chances of my interview will be on september. Hope fully we know the dates by this week end

i expect till mspal, shettyv, malgudi days to get august

anybody whose case sent was sent by june 12th should get august, is that a right supposition?

August Interview

Sent email to Chennai regarding my interview date ( file reached Chennai on June 12th). They replied saying "check with us on next monday" .

Can y'all guess what this might mean. Will I get August Interview?. Believe me I was very straight forward in asking my question to the customer service unit. Looks like Chennai does'nt want to commit/declare any info before 15th.

cptracker : malgudi-days

thanks

usually chennai declares dates around 12-13 evry month

for the next month interviews. I hope chennai may publish the interview schedule by the end of this week.

gc1seeker, whiterose

based on ur cptracker id you two should get august, if they schedule like previous months