Likely APRIL interview at Chennai Consulate....

Raju595

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Members hoping to get their interview scheduled in April 2003,let us get together.

Last edited by a moderator:
My attorney's office received the Packet 3 today.

Packet 3 was generated at NVC on 12/30/02.

CP tracker update.

Members, who have just received their Packet 3s or waiting for them, post your details here.

Raju

Ds230 recvd.

Hello Raju,
Mine Ds230 part-1 recvd. by my attorney today same as yours. The I-134 was not there but I asked him wether it should be attched with DS230 part-1 and he said 'yes u can'. Are you also filling I-134 or not Please pass this info or did u talk to your attirney. I think you can also submit it with pkt-4 in consulate . Pls share your input. Thanks

gcbol,

My attorney has already made me prepare the I-134s for my dependents.

However, I am not sure, whether it would be going with the Packet 3 to the NVC.

I will let you know, when I know, what exactly the attorney is sending back.

Raju

Somewhere I read that I-134 need to submit during CP interview. But I am not sure with latest change.I do not want to have extra paper with DS230 part-1. Do you recall exactly where I-134 need to be submitted or any more info from your lawyer. Thanks....

Originally posted by gcbol
Somewhere I read that I-134 need to submit during CP interview. But I am not sure with latest change.I do not want to have extra paper with DS230 part-1. Do you recall exactly where I-134 need to be submitted or any more info from your lawyer. Thanks....

I am certain that, each of your dependents has to carry one
I-134 ( notorized ) given by you.

The purpose for I-134 Affidavit of support:

In this form you are stating that you would support your dependent.

For you ( the main applicant ) your Employment letter serves this purpose.

( This applies to emplyment category )

I am not certain whether a copy of I-134 is sent with Packet 3.
( I do not think so.. ).

I will let you know, when my packet goes out from my attorney

Raju

raju..... can u pl clarify

raju,

1)are u using NVC sent ds 230 forms.... or the downloadable forms from internet??????
2) for any point in 230 form if there is no space... are u using an extra copy of the same form and typing your details or attaching a word or excel doc with extra details....

say for ex..... your stay from 16th year........ job details etc.....

pl clarify...

sri

Originally posted by Raju595
I am certain that, each of your dependents has to carry one
I-134 ( notorized ) given by you.

The purpose for I-134 Affidavit of support:

In this form you are stating that you would support your dependent.

For you ( the main applicant ) your Employment letter serves this purpose.

( This applies to emplyment category )

I am not certain whether a copy of I-134 is sent with Packet 3.
( I do not think so.. ).

I will let you know, when my packet goes out from my attorney

Raju

Sri-IL

Filling the forms.....

It is natural to get this doubt, because, any small mistake can make the NVC refer back, and this leads to atleast 1 month delay.

1. My attorney made me fill the forms before the packet 3 reached
us. So, that means we have downloaded the forms from the
net and used them. She will be swapping them with the forms in the packet 3.

Do not bother about printing them short sided, long sided etc. Just print each page on a seperate sheet. That way DS-230 Part I will have 2 sheets and the same for DS 230 Part II. Anyway this is how I did.

2. If the space or lines are not sufficient under any point , just put that extra information on a plain sheet of paper, with the item no.
at the top.I had to do this for the places where my wife lived.

3. I found that some of the boxes do not accomodate the information I have to put there.

Example: The place of birth for my mother.

So, in this box my attorney, typed the information on an electronic typewriter.

You will do this, if you are finding it difficult to fill on the computer.

4. There are macros in the fillable forms.

Ex: The item where you provide information for your parents,
the last box which says ' If deceased ,give year of death'.

In my case both my parents are alive ( god bless them!), and my answer should be 'N/A'.

But I found that this box is not accepting the letters, it only accepts numbers ( year ). So, my attorney filled this box with N/A on the electronic type writer.

Just do the right thing. I do not see, any problem, even if it it filled with hand, as long as it is clear and in block letters.

Let me know, if you need any help.

NVC receives Packet 3

In my case, the Packet 3 has been delivered at
NVC, NH on 21st Jan 2003.

cptracker contains full details.

Raju

Raju....pl look into this change in subject

Raju,

By the way we see the speed of NVC, I think you are very optimistic for APril Interview date. Maybe YOU can think of changing the Thread name to MAY interview date .

Just kidding Man... You may or may not change the thread name. I wish we all get April Interview date by Miracle..... Yes..Miracles do happen.

sri. :p

My Packet 3 reached NVC on 1/23/03. Sent on 1/22/03.
It is taking 2 weeks to enter Packet 3 data into NVC system. Say, by 7th of Feb.
After that it is taking 3-6 weeks to complete the review, Say, by the end of Feb.
It is taking 3-8 working days to get the data to Consulte, after the NVC review., Say, 10th of March.
We can only get our interviews in May.
Any comments from Raju and SR_IL?

My details are also in cptracker with ID as 'Puli'
Thanks,
Puli.

Re: Raju....pl look into this change in subject

Originally posted by sri-IL
Raju,

By the way we see the speed of NVC, I think you are very optimistic for APril Interview date. Maybe YOU can think of changing the Thread name to MAY interview date .

Just kidding Man... You may or may not change the thread name. I wish we all get April Interview date by Miracle..... Yes..Miracles do happen.

sri. :p

I don't think you can change the thread name!!! Once you do, its final....

Thanks.

details

p-3 mailed to nvc on dec19th & keyed in on jan 9th at NVC. Waiting for review and hoping for April instead of May (hot summer). May really sucks in south India.

Time line.,

We can not change the name of the thread. But where is the need ? Members who get April interviews stay here, and I will move on if necessary !

I am aware that I may miss the bus for April.

Can anyone tell me how chennai consulate allocates interview month. Is there any cut off date it keeps, so that all cases which it receives by that date, it will schedule a month after that.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

General trend...

The general pattern seems to be,

if the case reaches Chennai before 20 th of month X
Then the interview is in month (X + 2).

Again in that month, I am seeing the following order
family categories, followed by E1 , E2 and then E3.

So normally we are seeing the employment categories starting after the middle of the month.

But as with anything else there can be exceptions.

Thanks Raju. So for example, if one has to get april interview in chennai, then generally his/her case should arrive by Feb 20. Am i correct.

Thanks
Virginia Boy

Last edited by a moderator: