Light of reason prevails!! House is key problem..

sobers

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Senate has finally seen the light of reason and voted overwhemingly against the Byrd Amendment. This measure will provide much needed relief to the American Economy and also to affected individuals. Please send a note of gratitude to your US Senators. Forget about the positive impact of this on the economy- that is clear- but just think a minute of the much needed relief it could bring to your own individual lives.

Everyone now needs to contact their House Representatives with the same enthusiasm to ensure these hard-won provisions stay on in the joint House-Senate Reconciliation. Like Byrd and Sessions in the Senate, House restrictionists will leave no stone unturned to strip all or part of these important provisions. Remember, without a positive House vote (and eventually by the President), this will not become law.

With hard core restrictionists like Tancredo, Lamar Smith, John Hostettler, and Sensenbrenner, the House has refused to recognize the immediacy of the problem, and refused to give any relief to us skilled, legal, tax-paying immigrants. The restrictionists continue to harp on illegals, and say these people should've obeyed the laws and stand in the legal line, but the fact of the matter is they don't like any (read: legal) immigration at all.
http://www.numbersusa.com/PDFs/1026senaterelease.pdf

A good place to start discussing your problems would be the House judiciary committee. Use similar talking points but with a reference to the overwhelming senate vote on this issue..

http://judiciary.house.gov/fullcommittee.aspx

If i have to choose between increase of visa or allowing to file 485 inspite of the dates not current, i would go for the latter. What do you guys think?

Loo Dobbs at it again...

As predicted, Loo Dobbs was at it again tonight....misrepresenting the facts!!

This guy is creating a lot of angst amongst people against their elected representatives. A demogogue indeed...

gvazz said:
If i have to choose between increase of visa or allowing to file 485 inspite of the dates not current, i would go for the latter. What do you guys think?

I would say you will get benifit and flood the system with no approval.

gvazz said:

Most people in this forum like to get their green card quickly. I really do not care about filing 485 or getting EAD or AP. These are helpful but does not solve the problem.

When your dates are current send your 485 without any other require docs. This way INS will send million RFEs. So you can be on I-485 forever.

Hope this answers your questions ..

gvazz said:

In my personal opinion. I prefer both. The visa number increase will give a big relief to all of us who are currently waiting for GC (applied 485 or not applied 485). Suppose the increase in visa does not make the availability current and keeps available, say till June 2005 (Guys after June 2005 please don't mistake me this is just an example) then allowing to file 485 inspite of the dates not current will work good.

Please increaes H1B

I have few of friends from india waiting for H1b. they missed last time.

I hope they remove cap on H1B permenantly and allow stay in US more than 6 years like 10 years.
For green card people are already here and working so no problem I think.

I heard a commentator saying if all the people allowed to file for 485 that strains the system. work load at INS and all the employee spouces will look for any job job directly causing problem for low income people who already hit with hurricanes,slow employment growth,outsourcing of call center jobs...etc.
They are worried about indirect effects by family members rather than problem with already working high paid immigrants.

may be we can request house not to worry about giving work permit to spouces and family members

gvazz said:

This Guy is just narrow minded.. Ignore him.. May be we are suffering because of the people like him. I really hate these type of stupid posts..

chossing between visa number and I-485 filing with EAD, is mostly based on one's condition.

i am yet to file my I-140, hence i will prefer I-485.

but if someone has a pd of 2002, he will prefer visa number, because he knows that the system will be flooded with I-485 application, and it will delay every case by one year.

what u talking about

Da.

You are narrow mindid so worried about your green card to you and to your wife.

I am openly supporting bringing more people on H1b. This year the H1b quota over in a splash. There are lot of people waiting for oppurtunity to come here.Help themselves and their families. I am sure you are here for few years and your family may got lift because of your H1B.

don't u want to help other engineers from your country first by stressing more h1b instead of putting greencard requests in yours faxes.If you are here and working you will get is someday.

Thank about others too. I am saying we should ask House to include but primary point is to get remove the cap on H1B and increase time of H1b since green card process takes long now.

h1bindia said:
Da.

You are narrow mindid so worried about your green card to you and to your wife.

I am openly supporting bringing more people on H1b. This year the H1b quota over in a splash. There are lot of people waiting for oppurtunity to come here.Help themselves and their families. I am sure you are here for few years and your family may got lift because of your H1B.

don't u want to help other engineers from your country first by stressing more h1b instead of putting greencard requests in yours faxes.If you are here and working you will get is someday.

Thank about others too. I am saying we should ask House to include but primary point is to get remove the cap on H1B and increase time of H1b since green card process takes long now.

No one in this forum is opposing against H1B visa increase or any other visa increase.. After all most of us in this forum came here on H1B and we do not have any reason to oppose H1B visa or any other Visa.

Yes We are worried but that does not mean that we will not help you on your fight against removing cap on H1B. If there is anything like contacting senators or writing petitions , please let us know.. I am sure everyone in this forum will help you..

y'all misunderstood me

I know you all mistook me when i have given a choice, i would have clarified what i meant in my earlier mail..

I would like both the increase in visa numbers and 485 filing and i am sure everyone wants that. But the reality is that, although i was overjoyed with defeat of Byrd's amendment, the proposal from senate judiciary committee has still a long way to go before it becomes a law. There will be heated debate from many about the increase of visas and other issues although i think it is not good for the country and not good for us. In my opinion, the 485 filing shouldn;t have much objection than the increase of visas, but i may be wrong. I am talking about the bad case scenario where only one of these is rejected.

Don't consider looking at all possible scenarios as a case of narrow-mindedness. It is like people who opposed war are labelled unpatriotic. It shows how foolish the people are who make mindless allegations. I don't even want to go there anyway:)

gvazz..i fully agree with you.....people may have objection to increasing immigrant visa numbers.....but i am sure they wont have objection in giving freedom to work to people who are already present in USA.

to some extent that will mean independence from employers....which is my top most priority.

h1bindia...i am sorry buddy....right now...H1B visa is not my priority....personally i will like usa to remove per country limit, and allow good number of H1....that way we will have such a strong indian/chinese community....that we will not be a minority....and we will not looks like aliens.

but thats for later.....right now i will like to fight to remove negative effects retrogression...

Thanks techy2468. Freedom from those consulting companies who take advantage of the H1B workers and people who fear losing jobs without workpermit are some of the biggest issues which can only be resolved with the 485 filing..some nasty people may not want to see that happen, i guess!

techy2468 said:
gvazz..i fully agree with you.....people may have objection to increasing immigrant visa numbers.....but i am sure they wont have objection in giving freedom to work to people who are already present in USA.

to some extent that will mean independence from employers....which is my top most priority.

h1bindia...i am sorry buddy....right now...H1B visa is not my priority....personally i will like usa to remove per country limit, and allow good number of H1....that way we will have such a strong indian/chinese community....that we will not be a minority....and we will not looks like aliens.

but thats for later.....right now i will like to fight to remove negative effects retrogression...

Most of the spouses are highly educated too

I Could be wrong, but this is my 2 cents

-Most people in EB cat (skilled and upper), are highly educated (at least a BSc. or higher)
- Most of the spouses of these workers are also highly educated (i.e. they are either working on another H1B or at home waiting for the opportunity)
- Given the opportunity of a valid work permit, they will be seeking high end jobs. Which in turn will reduce the dependency on NEW H1b's

So, i see the current Senate Bill to be win-win situation for all.

This is a good talking point as well

it all floods the USCIS; you see, USCIS is not going to increase their staff; if it would, it would not help with the deficit. so, uscis is going to be strained if they have to process increased # of h1bs or increased # of i485\EAD\AP or final AOS to issue GC.
so, I do not think there should be an either\or scenario.
although giving EAD to spouses and dependents does seem somewhat unfair to me because they have not gone through the LC process and piggybacking on their principal's LC. this could happen a little later when they get GC.
JONNIE76 said:
I Could be wrong, but this is my 2 cents

-Most people in EB cat (skilled and upper), are highly educated (at least a BSc. or higher)
- Most of the spouses of these workers are also highly educated (i.e. they are either working on another H1B or at home waiting for the opportunity)
- Given the opportunity of a valid work permit, they will be seeking high end jobs. Which in turn will reduce the dependency on NEW H1b's

So, i see the current Senate Bill to be win-win situation for all.

This is a good talking point as well

mmm Another CATDOG in this forum

tusharvk said:
it all floods the USCIS; you see, USCIS is not going to increase their staff; if it would, it would not help with the deficit. so, uscis is going to be strained if they have to process increased # of h1bs or increased # of i485\EAD\AP or final AOS to issue GC.
so, I do not think there should be an either\or scenario.
although giving EAD to spouses and dependents does seem somewhat unfair to me because they have not gone through the LC process and piggybacking on their principal's LC. this could happen a little later when they get GC.

Hi tusharvk,

I respect your personal views but I believe you are an unmarried or have a US girl friend ( if you are from Asian country) or your fiance or spouse is working.

Spouse and Child(ren) are part of your life. We are not expecting EAD for our parents or "your spouse". Did you get your LC? How long would it taken for you? Do you want them to go through the same hectic process?

Finally, you might be a "MALE" dominated and not giving equal rights to women. Most of the spouses from India or China are women and they are just killing their time at home because they cannot work legally here though most of them are "VERY BRILLIANT" THAN YOU.

Dont think backward, think forward....

gvazz said:
Thanks techy2468. Freedom from those consulting companies who take advantage of the H1B workers and people who fear losing jobs without workpermit are some of the biggest issues which can only be resolved with the 485 filing..some nasty people may not want to see that happen, i guess!
People who have already filed 485 would not feel the pain you have.
People who have filed 485 will not feel the miles of differences between 485 filed and not filed.
I don't mind to wait for 10 more years to get green card, as long as I can change job at my free will.
And it's much easier to find a desirable position without green card sponsorship.
No hassle for new labor certificate, new 140, H1B transfer issue---$500 fraud fee is also required for H1B transfer.

to tell u the truth guys....i do not have much expectations from human beings....

listen to tusharvk......he thinks everyone should go through the same pain....just because he had to go through it...

we are all narrow minded, self centered animals...

just because the system will be flooded....many people want a very selective thing to be implemented....so that they can be hand picked and given the GC :mad: