Life insurance Q

jksongc

Registered Users (C)
I heard that you need to be atleat a G.C holder or U.S Citizen for purchasing a private life insurance policy (not employer offered)? Is that a true statement? Please clarify..

Can we purchase a policy, while your adjustment of status is pending? If yes, could you please suggest some companies that allow it?

Please also share some good life insurance companies that offer low premiums? Does anyone have any experiences with metlife OR northwestern mutual? Thanks!

Did you manage to get insurance? I am having trouble finding a company that will provide insurance at a reasonable cost (I got a quote of $3000 from one company, for a resident the cost would be $300)

Lali said:
Did you manage to get insurance? I am having trouble finding a company that will provide insurance at a reasonable cost (I got a quote of $3000 from one company, for a resident the cost would be $300)

I am a member of IEEE and I was able to get Life Insurance thru IEEE, coverage $200K for self and $60K for spouse for about $8 per month. I bought this insurance when I was still on H1.

Thanks NKM.-oct23

That's heck of a deal. Can you tell me what it takes to be a member of IEEE. & their website if possible.

Does it cover you, while your are travelling ...like in India etc.

Thanks again for your input.

lie insurance Q

Thank you Joe/Nkm for your inputs.

Well, I'm certinly not an electrical engineer or computer scientist, Just a computer programmer/analyst, & that rules out me joining IEEE.

Is it a wise idea in purchasing policies through credit unions? how reliable are
they in terms of their claims paying? (what factors need to be checked?)

I'm a member of USA federal, DOes anyone have any experinces good/Bad in purchasing policy through this credit union? please share?

Thank you.

Did you try to look for a life insurance company that meets your desired needs? I am not also familiar with those stuff. Thanks!