Life after Visa Availibility

sahina

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the time and process after Visa availbility. My 485 has a priority date of April 21, 2001 and as of this month (March 2006), there is visa for me.

So what next? How long did it take you folks after you had available visa to get your cards? Any input is welcome.

Thanks

Makesure you Name check and Fp are completed.

If theser two things cler out of your way. Sit tight you will get it soon.

Thanks, I really hope so. It has been 6 years in the waiting...

I heard they sometimes approve the cases without interviews. It this common or interview is the only to finalize the process?

-A

Do the following ..

sahina said:
Thanks, I really hope so. It has been 6 years in the waiting...

I heard they sometimes approve the cases without interviews. It this common or interview is the only to finalize the process?

-A

sahina,

It is great that your PD has become current. You are mistaken about the interview process. Very few cases go through interviews. The cases that do go through the interview process are transferred to local offices. I do not think you need to worry about this aspect.

Now onto what you should do right away. If you have lawyer then ask him or her to inquire with USCIS on your behalf. If not then call your service center and file an inquiry. This will make them look at your case. If everything is in order (Name Check compelte, FP complete and no RFEs) then the case should get approved. Be hopeful, the end of this crazy journey is almost in sight for you.

regards,

saras76

Thank you Saras, it is a good tip you just gave me. I didn't think about doing a follow-up.

Last question... :)

How do I file an inquiry? Is there a form or is it just a plain letter requesting a review of my case?...

Thank you in advance.

-A

When to start the inquiry?

Hi saras76,

When do you think I should ask my attorney to inquire with USCIS?

My dates are current since March 2006 and I haven't heard anything yet..

------------------------------
Sub LC - PD - Feb 2000 (TSC)
140 Approved - July 2005
EAD/AP Approved - August 2005
485 Filed - June 2005
FP Code 3 done for spouse and myself - July 2005
FP Code 2 done for my 10 year old son - Feb 2006 :confused:

saras76 said:
sahina,

It is great that your PD has become current. You are mistaken about the interview process. Very few cases go through interviews. The cases that do go through the interview process are transferred to local offices. I do not think you need to worry about this aspect.

Now onto what you should do right away. If you have lawyer then ask him or her to inquire with USCIS on your behalf. If not then call your service center and file an inquiry. This will make them look at your case. If everything is in order (Name Check compelte, FP complete and no RFEs) then the case should get approved. Be hopeful, the end of this crazy journey is almost in sight for you.

regards,

saras76

Just call them ..

sahina said:
Thank you Saras, it is a good tip you just gave me. I didn't think about doing a follow-up.

Last question... :)

How do I file an inquiry? Is there a form or is it just a plain letter requesting a review of my case?...

Thank you in advance.

-A

sahina,

All you need to do is call the service center customer service and give them your receipt number. They will do the rest. The inquiry is started over the phone. You do not have to fill in anything. The customer service rep will most likely tell you that you will receive an answer from them in 30 days.

regards,

saras

Country of Birth

Sahina,
Just out of curiosity, What is your Country of Birth ?

sahina said:
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the time and process after Visa availbility. My 485 has a priority date of April 21, 2001 and as of this month (March 2006), there is visa for me.

So what next? How long did it take you folks after you had available visa to get your cards? Any input is welcome.

Thanks

My PD for the I-140 is April 30 2001 and i cannot see anywhere that the priority dates became current. Can you tell me if you guys are assuming that the PDs will become current in the next visa bulletin(that will be released tomorrow) or i am missing something ?

Thanks.

It should be in this VB. Hey You know It's USCIS.......

puerthoughts said:
My PD for the I-140 is April 30 2001 and i cannot see anywhere that the priority dates became current. Can you tell me if you guys are assuming that the PDs will become current in the next visa bulletin(that will be released tomorrow) or i am missing something ?

Thanks.

saras76 said:
sahina,

All you need to do is call the service center customer service and give them your receipt number. They will do the rest. The inquiry is started over the phone. You do not have to fill in anything. The customer service rep will most likely tell you that you will receive an answer from them in 30 days.

regards,

saras

Hi Saras,

I just called USCIS and the person I talked to told me that I don't have to do anything. She said it will be processed since there is Visa available. Well, I won't take her word for it though. I will call again and talk to someone else to see if I will get a different response...

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again...

-A

Hi Sahina,

So what you are saying is that the lady told you that the visa numbers are available for the PD April 2001 ? If yes then can you tell me what was the service center you called ? Make sure you give me more detials caz my case is in NSC and if you are saying that they have the visa numbers available then i am going to have a heart attack ! :eek: :p

Thanks.

sahina said:
Hi Saras,

I just called USCIS and the person I talked to told me that I don't have to do anything. She said it will be processed since there is Visa available. Well, I won't take her word for it though. I will call again and talk to someone else to see if I will get a different response...

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again...

-A
Hi Sahina

You may want to take an INFOPASS appointment and talk to a INS officer so that you can get a live update on the processing of your case. Since your PD is current, yu should get your approval notice in the next few weeks. Congrats !!

Puerthoughts, take a deep breath...

...and count to ten. Please don't have a heart attack. Call 911 or an ambulance service. I suggest taking a break from half-baked information about other's cases before getting a heart attack.

On a more serious note, it's only a matter of days before we know what happens. Is it worth the wait without losing grip? ABSOLUTELY.

There are so many things one can do to distract themselves and not get overly anxious with this whole visa bulletin thing. It's like your BP will always be higher than average while you wait for the doctor in his office.

Good luck to all!

puerthoughts said:
Hi Sahina,

So what you are saying is that the lady told you that the visa numbers are available for the PD April 2001 ? If yes then can you tell me what was the service center you called ? Make sure you give me more detials caz my case is in NSC and if you are saying that they have the visa numbers available then i am going to have a heart attack ! :eek: :p

Thanks.

Hi there,

I found out that visa is available from the visa bulletin site:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2805.html

I told her that I have available visa, then she said there is nothing to do. I hope this helps.

-A

yamkara said:
Hi Sahina

You may want to take an INFOPASS appointment and talk to a INS officer so that you can get a live update on the processing of your case. Since your PD is current, yu should get your approval notice in the next few weeks. Congrats !!

I just made an appointment with InfoPass for 2 weeks later... I hope I'll have some good news.

Thanks for the help

-A

sahina said:
I just made an appointment with InfoPass for 2 weeks later... I hope I'll have some good news.

Thanks for the help

-A

Hi there Sahina
Looks like there are quite a number of us from Turkey with April 2001 PDs.
Let's hope this will end soon..

Gala1905 said:
Hi there Sahina
Looks like there are quite a number of us from Turkey with April 2001 PDs.
Let's hope this will end soon..

Agreed. It has been far too long...

PS: Galatasaray it is !!!!!

Patience - a virtue?

Hi,

My PD became current on Feb 1. Nothing so far. Lawyers sent in another reminder to them on Feb 2. No result so far. Let us know how the INFOPASS appointment goes - would try the same, if it is worth one's time

Good luck!