LGBT asylum

If you are in status, whatever status you are, you dont go to removal proceedings.
I think you get 3 month grace period at visitors visa though i am not 100% ,once i applied mh interview was done in a month and approval in couple of weeks, had that been the case you are still in status.
However there are long pending cases as well.
If you are in removal proceedings you can't marry and get gc that easily. Also this question comes in future as well whether if you ever been in romoval proceedings.
In his case i would highly recommend to apply as soon as he gets his paperwork, and then cross fingers . Also it gives positive situation suggesting you are not applying just because you are out of status and want to stay in country. But yes, you did correct me that out of status people dont have to go to judge directly.
Good luck all. Piece

Hello guys, First of all i am not really sure if thats the right place to post this topic so please excuse me.

Second, i want to ask you guys about few things i searched really hard for it and i didnt get an answer

Q1/ Should i apply asylum from the airport or after entering the US
Q2/ i'll be in vistor visa (B1) and as far as i know these kind of visas got expired after 6 months from the date that u entered the US if my visa got expired and i havent recevied my asylum decision what should i do?
Q3/ how usually LGBT asylum seekers wait? ( if u are a lgbt asylum seeker please share your experience)

Many thanks.
@Khaleed are you currently in the US?

1. You should apply your case after entering the US but before the one year deadline. Doesn't matter if you apply while you're in the 6 month status or not. (I am saying this because i applied mine after my visa status was expired but before 1 year deadline)
2. I entered on B1/B2 visa as well but it doesn't matter if you receive your decision before or after you're out of 6 month status.Even if your visa expires but you have applied your case you'll still be allowed to stay.
3. There is no particular wait time for LGBT case type. Its all pretty much the same. But since USCIS is following "last in first out" rule so the processing is a lot faster.
I am lgbt asylum seeker myself. I applied in april'18 and got my interview notice within 2 weeks. The processing of cases has been a lot faster for people who applied for asylum this year.

Hope this helps you in some way. Good luck.
1. You should apply your case after entering the US but before the one year deadline. Doesn't matter if you apply while you're in the 6 month status or not. (I am saying this because i applied mine after my visa status was expired but before 1 year deadline)
2. I entered on B1/B2 visa as well but it doesn't matter if you receive your decision before or after you're out of 6 month status.Even if your visa expires but you have applied your case you'll still be allowed to stay.
3. There is no particular wait time for LGBT case type. Its all pretty much the same. But since USCIS is following "last in first out" rule so the processing is a lot faster.
I am lgbt asylum seeker myself. I applied in april'18 and got my interview notice within 2 weeks. The processing of cases has been a lot faster for people who applied for asylum this year.

Hope this helps you in some way. Good luck.
Hi there,
Do you mind sharing some of the questions you had during the interview and any tips. Thanks!

Hi there,
Do you mind sharing some of the questions you had during the interview and any tips. Thanks!

I applied for LGBT asylum. I interviewed on Jan 10 in Phoenix. I hope I get it! Let me share some of the questions I was asked
1. Biographical info (place of birth, date of birth, full name, family members, previous visits to the U.S. -if any-... etc.)
2. When you realized that you were gay, lesbian, bisexual... etc.
3. Your coming out experience. How did you come out? To whom did you come out? Did you come out online?
4. People's reactions, and whether you received any threats
5. How you accepted your sexuality (e.g. how you harmonized your sexuality with your religion)
6. Your parents' reactions, and your current relationship with them
7. If you have (or had) any romantic partners (boyfriend, girlfriend); your experience with that
8. (if you currently have a romantic partner) when did you meet, how did you meet...
9. What you fear in your home country (e.g. harassment, torture... etc.)
10. Are you part of any LGBT groups? How do you identify as LGBT (e.g. you write about it, you are part of an LGBT organization... etc.)
11. Did anyone know about your sexuality before you came out? If so, who?

You should be prepared to answer ANYTHING related to your written statement. They can ask you anything written on your statement. I found that going over the statement a few times, a few days before the interview helps. I should have prepared more, because I still felt somewhat nervous. Make sure to have eye contact and to also have confidence in your replies

Good luck to us all!

Hello family. I am also seeking asylum on political basis. I arrived in the USA on September 20, 2018 and filed my application on November 8, 2018. Went for my biometrics on December 14, and received a notice for interview scheduled for December 7 which was cancelled. They rescheduled it for January 7 and cancelled it and after two days they rescheduled it for January 22.

So I will be attending my interview on January 22. Thank you for sharing some of the questions asked. If there is any one who has attended an interview on application for asylum based on political grounds please would you also share some of the questions asked so that at least I have an idea. I will be attending my interview in Aneheim California.

Thank you