Letter to FL on NC - Response from FBI

GC_Niravana

Registered Users (C)
Just want to share this with forum members

I wrote to FL in Sep 2007 requesting for expediting my Name Check.

Yesterday , I received a Letter from FBI with this message.

Dear xxxxx,

Your letter to FL concerning your Name Check status was fwd to DOJ and subsequently referred to FBI for reply.

Review of FBI's Name check program Database shows that USCIS sent request in Jan 05 and this case was processed and finalized in Sep 07 and results sent to USCIS HQ at DC.

Does this means that I'm out of this NC rut ?

I opened a SR in 12/2007 and have't heard from USCIS so far

PD 09/2002 - EB3- India
485 RD : 01/05
Last Type 3 Biometrics on 11/07

---- GCN ----

Congratulations

YES!!!
Your NC is completed. Be ready for you GC in few months, as soon as visa number is available.

Yes, the NC hassle seems to be over for you. When I applied for my GC, I got a similar letter from the FBI regarding my letter to the President. I got my GC in about a month after I received the FBI letter.

forrest_gump,

Thanks.

When you got your GC approval is your PD current at that time ?

I'm asking this because my PD is 09/02 and there are no signs of my PD becoming current in coming months.

Thanks to Reason and Magic mail for responding.

---GCN---

Thanks for update! I wrote to FL in November, so now I have at least a hope there will be a reply in a couple of months.
Meanwhile, both Senators replied - both with the same message: FBI name check is pending.
Now, let's see whether FL penetrates the FBI.

Not necessarily...

I had written a letter to FL in August, still no response. My name check is till pending. This means that they have not done anything in my case.. Also I think in GC_Niravana's case, it got cleared on it's own in September, and when the FBI checked to find his status later (in January), it was already processed. I cannot imagine that after he wrote a letter to FL in September, the FBI cleared it in the same month after FL forwarded his letter th FBI.

:)

Thanks for update! I wrote to FL in November, so now I have at least a hope there will be a reply in a couple of months.
Meanwhile, both Senators replied - both with the same message: FBI name check is pending.
Now, let's see whether FL penetrates the FBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my earlier post I indicated that I initiated a SR with TSC in 12/11/2007.

On 02/09/08 I received letter from TSC which says
"Your application is received at TSC and is currently under pending service consideration. If additional information is required , you will be contacted by mail upon review of your case"

Did any one receive this kind of response and what I'm wondering what does it mean.

PD 09/2002 - EB3- India
485 RD : 01/05
Last Type 3 Biometrics on 11/07
09/07 - Wrote to FL
01/24/08 - Letter From FBI indicating that Name Check processed and sent to DHS in 09/07.
02/09/08 - Response from TSC to my SR initiated in 12/07

Well I sent a letter to FL in November and the response I got last week was from FBI saying that my namecheck is still pending and that they are doing their best.

Yes, my PD was current (I applied under EB1).

forrest_gump,

Thanks.

When you got your GC approval is your PD current at that time ?

I'm asking this because my PD is 09/02 and there are no signs of my PD becoming current in coming months.

Thanks to Reason and Magic mail for responding.

---GCN---

I don't want to get your hopes too high yet, but in my case, after receiving the letter from FBI regarding pending namecheck, I got my GC in about 4-5 weeks after that. Good luck!

Well I sent a letter to FL in November and the response I got last week was from FBI saying that my namecheck is still pending and that they are doing their best.