Letter of notice from USCIS

Rose_uw

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I finally got my case number from USCIS after calling so many times and getting different responses. When I check the case online it says they have mailed me a letter of notice on August 2. (one day after DOS sent the recommendation to them). Unfortunately I haven't received the letter yet. I know it's not the final decision as the case is still pending! Can any of you who has got that letter tell me what the letter could be about?

Thanks in advance

No they dont send any letter even though they mention like that,dont worry.Just keep checking yourself with your receipt number.

Hi Rose_uw,

yes after calling several times I got my receipt number from USCIS, at the beginning they kept telling me that I had to wait 90 days until i get the number (DOS sent them the favorable recommendation on May 31), then another time I just lied and told them it had been already 90 days and they finally put me in contact with and immigration official wtho told me everything.

I asked them about the letter which supposedly had sent to me (and never received) and they said that it only says your receipt number and to keep it in a safe place. So now you just have to wait...i'm getting really impatient, this is taking too long...

good luck and could you please send a message when you get your waiver?

I'm glad that you finally got your receipt number. I would definitely send you a message when I get my final decision but most likely you would get yours before mine since your case has been sent to USCIS 2 months before mine. I hope it happens soon. So would you also drop me a line when you get yours?

Good luck

Hi Rose_uw,

yes after calling several times I got my receipt number from USCIS, at the beginning they kept telling me that I had to wait 90 days until i get the number (DOS sent them the favorable recommendation on May 31), then another time I just lied and told them it had been already 90 days and they finally put me in contact with and immigration official wtho told me everything.

I asked them about the letter which supposedly had sent to me (and never received) and they said that it only says your receipt number and to keep it in a safe place. So now you just have to wait...i'm getting really impatient, this is taking too long...

good luck and could you please send a message when you get your waiver?

how can I get information about my case in the USCIS

Hey how can you get information about you case file in the USCIS I try it and they ask my for a recip number and I dont have any I just have my case number and when I give it to them they can use it...how can you get that information?? :D

You just call the USCIS and explain your case and give them your full name, date of birth and address then you should get a recip number.

DOS online update - HELP ME

Hi folks:

I have applied for J-1 waiver based on No Objection from Home Govt. The Indian embassy has sent No objection statement to DOS on 26th July and it has been one month...still DOS website says - No objection requested.

I sent couple of faxes and even sent that NOC received embassy to DOS to receive on 21st Aug. No updates YET. Called many times but no help as Public Enquiry People say they dont know anything.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue.

thanks