letter of inquiry

aleliroot

Registered Users (C)
sir,

i just want to inquire my husband petition me already and our papers already received at the immigration and they already have a confirmation letter to me stating that they receive already last december 22, 2005 and there was no available visa number yet for me. how long do i wait for the visa number? and how many years do i have to wait?

waiting for your response sirl.

aleliroot said:
sir,

i just want to inquire my husband petition me already and our papers already received at the immigration and they already have a confirmation letter to me stating that they receive already last december 22, 2005 and there was no available visa number yet for me. how long do i wait for the visa number? and how many years do i have to wait?

waiting for your response sirl.

It depends on the status of the sponsor, if you are a United States Citizen, visa number is avaliable immidiately, if you are a permanent resident, it will take a while before your immigrant visa number will be available to you...

sir may husband is a permanent resident of hawaii, so how long / how many years do i have to wait for my visa number? do they call me or send me a letter informing that my visa number is available?

Hello, right now the visa bulletin is processing category 2 Sep 8 1999, so u a 7yr wait... sorry... To speed things up let ur husband apply for citizenship (if he is qualified) and ur visa will b immediate... good luck..

sir,
what if i'm goin to apply for a job in the united states does it affect my petition? and the 7 years to wait sir is that the minimum / maximum years to wait for my visa number?

aleliroot said:
sir,
what if i'm goin to apply for a job in the united states does it affect my petition? and the 7 years to wait sir is that the minimum / maximum years to wait for my visa number?

If you are eligible and find an employer to sponsor you, you can apply for an H visa to work in the US. Since it is a dual intent visa, your I130 petition can drag on until it becomes current.

7 years is the approximate time it takes for the petition to become current, when a visa number becomes available to you at that time.

I am puzzled though....surely your husband could become a USC before then and then sponsor you as an immediate relative -- that would be much quicker.