Letter of Citizenship Denial never reached me - help

mnnyc

Registered Users (C)
My citizenship was denied last year but the "Denial Letter" never arrived to me regardless that it was sent "Registered mail". USCIS said they sent it last October (no specific date given and no tracking number) but I never received it. While it's not impossible that the registered notice may have not arrived I think their claim that they sent the denial letter is bogus. I have lived at my address for over ten years and have received every single piece of mail ever sent to me.
A lawyer recently told me that he has been getting a lot of calls about citizenship denial letters that are not reaching recipients. Aside from the Freedom of Information Act route-, which will take 6- 9 months to get a reply according to USCIS-, is there anything else I can do? This is an outrage! I've waited almost three years now.
Would really appreciate any info or gear me to past threads on this subject matter.

I would focus on why you got denied in the first place rather than worrying about why the letter never got to you. In these cases its best to approach via a lawyer. Im sorry for the denial but the best you can do now is to take the legal route

Well isn't it I need to move forward ?

I have an idea of why I got denied but until I have the letter- which BTW- Newsflash- IS what indicates why you got denied and is the only piece of communication you will ever have that will tell you how to proceed – move forward with your case. Not to disappoint you but it is a very hard exhausting time consuming process we are put through at who’s expense? TAXPAYERS like you and me. I don't know about anyone else here but that agency formerly known as the INS has no right to jerk people around as it has for years - and why have they? Because they know they can- because people like you and me will do whatever it takes to get citizenship instead of questioning agencies like this.
Yes, I will obviously fill out the paper work, yes, I will obviously get a lwayer and yes, I will let it talke 9 more months. I would, still, like to know if there are alternatives!!!!!! You don't ask you don't get!

mnnyc,

Are you from nyc ? I can suggest the following obvious but sometimes missed steps

1. What does your case status online say ?
2. Get your senator involved, find out if you can get another letter
3. Visit the DO in person, maybe they can print one out for you!

here is the whole story

Hi Kumar
I am from NYC. My case is nightmere! In answer to your questions:
-MY CASE IS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE
-DUE TO THE NATURE OF MY CASE I AM IN THE PROCESS OF WRITING TO SEVERAL SENATORS AS WELL AS OTHER POLITICIANS AND LAWYERS
-I DID VISIT IN PERSON AND THAT IS HOW I FOUND OUT THAT MY CASE WAS DENIED OVER A YEAR AGO -REGARDLESS THAT I HAVE BEEN INQUIRING FOR TWO YEARS SINCE I FILED.

HERE IS MY SITUATION
I applied for citizenship three years ago. I had my interview two years ago. I passed the history exam. In my interview my officer told me i had a shoplifting charge on my record. this incident happened 20 years ago in the state of massachussetts where i lived. i did not report it on my application because i did not know i had a record and i had forgotten about the incident. I told this to the officer when she brought it to my attention and she said to check out the incident and report back with a disposition from the court and that my application could then proceed. Two weeks later after my interview i came back with the disposition which stated the case was finalized and closed. The officer told me i would get a letter of decision two months later. Never received anything. Then I called the customer service and they said it would take time- 6 months to a year. i followed up 6 month later, then a year later and still did not hear anything.
I followed up recently in person and they that's when they printed a piece of paper that stated my case was denied over a year ago but they could not give me a reason as to why. They said I need now to get the denial letter via the Freedom of Information act and that it would take 6-9 months to get it. Do you know a law firm that specailizes in immigration criminal cases?
That would really help. I spoke to one immigration lawyer and she advised me not to go back to immigration. She said she has had problems with them detaining people in situations like this. I want my record to be pardoned which is the only way to have it this 20 year old petty crime removed in the state of Massachussetts! Nightmere.
Thanks