Letter in Blood

I have donated several times. I did not find any such problem.

Originally posted by SRM
Guys,
We are not eligible to donate blood. The blood banks here would not accept our blood due to the reason that we come from high malaria countries(India) . I tried one time . They did not accept my blood due to the reason that I came from high malaria place. Don't know if this idea is good but sure we can get the peoples awareness.

I have been waiting since (even before) filing for LC in May of 2001. And I probably have 2 more years to wait. I really want the GC and look forward to it every day. I wish I had the freedom it provides.

But I still do not understand the sense of desperation I see here in posts like this. What part of your personal situation is so dire that you hang your entire life's hopes on the GC? I just don't get it. If you think this way it seems you're losing a wonderful part of your lives.

I suspect I am missing something perhaps because I am not from India (I am Canadian) as so many of you are, and perhaps the poster as well. For me the thought of going back home if I lose my job is not that bad. Maybe that's the difference. But most of the Indians I know talk often of how wonderful India is. Worst case scenario is you go back home. Is that so bad? Is that fear enough preventing you from enjoying your life today? Frustration - I understand that. But pain and desperation? I do not understand.

Good luck to you all!

Great point. Some people from South Asia consider this as a failure. In fact for most technical folks with advanced qualifications, life in India is simply great. The sense of not being able to make it here, is what is frustrating and not living in India. In fact last week, we were trying to collect money for a guy from Sri Lanka, to go back, as he was illegal here and facing undue hardships (including drug addiction).
He just did not want to go back and was willing to endure the pain of being homeless, and the uncertainity that came with it, as he considered it to be a failure.

Originally posted by massDBA
I have been waiting since (even before) filing for LC in May of 2001. And I probably have 2 more years to wait. I really want the GC and look forward to it every day. I wish I had the freedom it provides.

But I still do not understand the sense of desperation I see here in posts like this. What part of your personal situation is so dire that you hang your entire life's hopes on the GC? I just don't get it. If you think this way it seems you're losing a wonderful part of your lives.

I suspect I am missing something perhaps because I am not from India (I am Canadian) as so many of you are, and perhaps the poster as well. For me the thought of going back home if I lose my job is not that bad. Maybe that's the difference. But most of the Indians I know talk often of how wonderful India is. Worst case scenario is you go back home. Is that so bad? Is that fear enough preventing you from enjoying your life today? Frustration - I understand that. But pain and desperation? I do not understand.

Good luck to you all!

The life back home is not bad by any any means. Actually would be heading to home country in few years in any case.

The point is two fold:

1. We talk about Gloablization and open markets. Among the four factors of production the products and capital markets are already gloabizied what is needed is a global market for labor. i.e. allow people with skills to compete in an open market. The developed world pushes for open market but has issues with open labor market.

2. They are going to give the gc in any case given that it is a legit application. Then why do they make you wait so much so much. If the reason is funds then CHARGE MORE and move on.

3. The illegal immigrants get great breaks then highly qualified legal committed professionals. unfair, unfair, unfair.

The desperation for freedom without wait is so that we can have a chance to freeely move from one employer to the other that way maximize our progress and contribute to the american economcy in the highest possible way. The purpose to go to a foreign country is to "make it" if you are consitraint you are bond to be exploited.

the desperation for freedom without wait is to end the uncertainty of the basic in life. So tomorrow our companies shut down then only option is to pack the bags in two days and leave the country. Why leave the country in this way when I have spent great deal of time and emotions and have contributed to the society.

When WeWillOvercome!!!!

There are lots of WateryTung waiters..for I-485 GC's. 80% of them are silent visitors, out of them some are for timepass and some are like "Cats on the Wall" type means once they approved they will post message saying "yahoo..approved !!!....your time will come...Every dog has its day...etc etc and then we active/half active members start posting "Congratulations....Enjoy the freedom.." message...etc etc

There are some other members who start scanning BCIS/USCIS database for case status and that does give some statistics but its hardly matters, makes it more "watery tung" for the waiters and almost useless.

Now WWO's with fustration wants to give blood!!!. I request you to join as a Volunteer for the action team created by Edition/DSatish/Karmir etc and lets fight...

Now the "Action/Action team" day by day getting delayed like BCIS delays.

So

WeWillOvercome When!!!

Originally posted by SRM
Guys,
We are not eligible to donate blood. The blood banks here would not accept our blood due to the reason that we come from high malaria countries(India) . I tried one time . They did not accept my blood due to the reason that I came from high malaria place. Don't know if this idea is good but sure we can get the peoples awareness.

What you are saying is not true. I have donated blood couple of times.

I understand your feelings. But think of one thing.

Most of us, if not all, came to live a better life here and we are definitely living a better life if you leave this GC thing to God.
We came with nothing. So why we, being highly qualified and talented individuals, be so desperate in life.
I have been through so many ups and downs in life but when I look back at all the 'Downs' in my life, I realize that even those 'downs' were for my own good....
Whatever happens is for good only !!!

I love what massDBA has posted here. Yes massDBA, there are some people from my beloved country who hate to go back, who would rather beg(to their bosses) than go back to India. Life in general is definitely better here if you think in materialistic terms, but our heart is where the home is..
I would try to be here as long as possible, make some money, get some experience and even try for a Green card if I can get one, but if I HAVE to go back, I will be so happy in my heart to be back to my parents, my family and my friends. I dont think any of us is not talented enough or our country does not have avenues enough to make our ends meet...