Letter from USCIS reg. my I140 on the way. What next for my GC

lazeboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My lawyer mailed my LC original to my employer address. Employer moved in the mean time. So, my original LC lost in mail, my bad luck .

This happend sometime in june-july '06. Then my lawyer filed my I-140 with a copy of my LC in Aug last week 2006. (luckily they've taken a photocopy of my original LC).

As I was in my 6th year+recapture time working in the US, I was hoping that this I140 would get approved, but in vain. Had to return to/ move back to home country becoz of the H1 time + recapture time over.

Now I follow up with the lawyer, and they say that they are in touch with the USCIS on the same,hoping to hear from them/ i140 approval.

Latest update from lawyer this week: USCIS replied to lawyer that there was some letter sent to lawyer office, but (they) dont know what the letter will say.

Hoping that the letter has my I-140 approval, what is the next step for getting my gc.

Please advice. thanks in advance. As always, this is a good website of help.

If that's I-140 approval, then ask your employer to file for consular processing for your green card. In some cases this may be delayed due to retrogression. Also, talk to an immigration lawyer about H-1B options.

If that's I-140 approval, then ask your employer to file for consular processing for your green card. In some cases this may be delayed due to retrogression. Also, talk to an immigration lawyer about H-1B options.

Hi manwithnoname,

Did your employer/lawyer called uSCIS regarding your I-140 delay?? if so what did they tell to your emaployer/lawyer about the delay??

Please share your experiences here

Thank you in Advance

???

Did you read my reply? Do you think I was narrating my case?

Anyway, No, I did not ask my lawyer to follow my case.

Thanks for your reply manwithnoname.
Lawyer and I donot know what that letter from USCIS is about, yet, as it is on its way. When speaking to the lawyer about the consular processing, they mentioned it is not possible as the dates are not current. So, yes, H1B is the option for now.

Thanks again for your suggestion.