Letter from National Visa Center

I485filer

Registered Users (C)
Did anyone get a letter from the National Visa Center (NVC) which
says something like your paperwork has been sent to your home country
for processing. I do not recall requesting for Consular Processing (CP) when I applied for I-140. Has anyone else received similar letters from NVC ?

I got the FP notice and few days back I did my FP as well...

I am confused why I got that letter from NVC. Please advise.

No Title

It’s amazing getting a letter from NVC after applying for I-485, Did u apply for I-140 redo by any change.
It’s very simple and in minutes of time u get connected to NVC why don’t u call and find out what is going on , they will explain u every thing.

Can please post your case details like RD,ND and EAC.

Thanks

No Title

I did not apply for I140 redo. That is the confusing thing.

PD: Septmeber 29, 1999
RD: November 28, 2000
ND: December 13, 2000
EAC: EAC-01-057-xxxxx
Did FP on: April 18, 2001

Received a letter from NVC on: March 12, 2001

Responded to the NVC letter on: April 6, 2001
(saying that I will be doing AOS here in US and not CP)

Got a reply from NVC on: April 20, 2001 (which says that I need
to send "Notification of Immigrant Visa Approval" to the nearest INS.
(is that I797 ?)

Let me know if there are others in the same situation.

No Title

In my case I didn’t insisted for CP in I-140 , still my file when to NVC .

I didn’t even noticed that it got approved for CP , I thought of going for CP my stupid lawyer had already filed for I-485 and he was not showing much interest for CP .

Did u talk to your lawyer ??? what is he saying ???

According to my lawyer all he says is , even though it got approved for CP, we have already applied for I-485 , they will get our file from abroad. I applied for EAD it got approved, I am just waiting for my I-485 I don’t know what sort of problems I am going to have.

If u see any kind of info please do post .

My details
Pd aug-99
Rd aug –21 –2000
Nd sep-18 -2000
fp nov -23 --2000

No Title

EAC is u typed might be wrong one???
if u applied in 2000 how come it is saying 01 and number of working days are incorrect.

No Title

I have not spoken with IIO (it is impossible to get through).

When I call at off hours, and plug it my EAC, and it says
"case not found", which is confusing me even more.

My lawyer is also confused, but he thinks that I don\'t need
to do anything. I hope he knows what he is talking about.

If it is sent for CP, why did I get a notice to do FP here in US ?

No Title

I have seen other postings here where they could never find their case on the automated system but finally got aproved. You shoudl try calling NVC and ask whats going on - its easier to get them

No Title

Check with your lawyer if he has applied for CP. This is the only time you would get a letter from NVC because the Service Centers will not come into picture for CP cases..

Bhanu

No Title

My lawyer recd. the same. Also in my case the I40 approval said the papers are being sent to NVC for Consuler processing. But is not a problem. My lawyer called INS
Vermont and they said that it(copy of the letter from NVC) be attached to the I485 application with a note that we never asked for CP and I485 be considered
instead. Everything was set that way. Since then I have done my FP too.

Thanks

No Title

Some thing similar happened to us. My husband is getting his GC thru his employer. We filed for I-485 in June 2000. We got a notice in Nov 2000 asking us to appear in Bombay for CP interview. We were confused as we had not asked for CP during our I -485 filing. On contacting our Lawyer they said that it was a mistake by INS Vermont and they have got it corrected. We did not really do anything to find out the status after that. We hope our lawyers know what they are doing.

No Title

The same thing happenned to me. I got a letter from NVC soon after my I485 was filed on 10/22/99. The paralegal handling my case asked me to call NVC and tell them that I was going the 485 way which I did. I never heard from them again.

No Title

I applied for CP on I-140, my lawyer got Packet III, letter from NVC etc.. My lawyer who don\'t like CP route convienced me to go for I-485 and we filed for I-485, And my lawyer told me that we don\'t have to do anything to change from CP to AOS. That the only details I know about my case. I haven\'t heard anything from NVC so far.

Hope this will help you

No Title

Update:

Spoke with IIO few minutes back. They seemed to have received
FP (done on April 18th).

I told them that AVM says that my case cannot be found for me and for
my wife. She said it will be fixed in 4 days or so.

So, eventhough I received a letter from NVC, looks like everything
is o.k. and my case is being processed here in US (as I want) and not
as CP.

Thanks.

No Title

Thank u so much I485filer for sharing the info.

Did u ask the IIO , U got a letter from NVC??? If so what did IIO said .

Can please post the details.

thanks

No Title

Hello Kanti,

I did not mention about NVC to the IIO when I called. I did not want
to complicate matters. I decided that if they had sent it for CP they would have told me that. Since she said that they have cleared my FP here in US there is no way it is going for CP. It is my understanding that if one is doing CP, one does FP abroad. Others can correct me if I am wrong. Eventhough it takes time to get through AVM, I think it is worth the trouble to clear things up by indirectly asking questions.

No Title

Yeah! That’s correct, by asking unnecessary questions the case might become complicated.

I was just curious to know, in my case in India they had created the case number etc., but my lawyer told it doesn’t matter, when we fill the cp application and send all the documents then only we will get interview. As of now I am just set with FP, after that I don’t know what is going to happen with my I-485 when my turn comes.

Thanks

No Title

Either we can’t believe our lawyer, what they say.

I don’t know Bhanu or myladoor can comment on this. Only few of us are facing with such problem.