Letter from INS stating no visa #s

Ind_2001

Registered Users (C)
Hi all.....

I am an old timer (with new username). I got a letter from immigration stating that “your EB2 case is pending as visa #s are not available. Check www.travel.gov for updates for the dates.........."

Now my details are as below:
PD: Sept. 2001
140/485: RD - Sept. 2003
140 AD: June 2005

As per current bulletin NSC is processing EB2 (India) with Jan 2002. I do not understand why NSC has sent me this type of letter. I called customer support today....explained everything to first person, she said not my cup of tea... transferred to next one.....same answer.....transferred to third person....who said same and asked me to send a letter to NSC. I talked with my lawyer and he says we will write a letter. My senator is trying to contact immigration officer, but no updates yet.....

Any idea /guesses like what's happening here?????? BTW this letter is dated March 2, 2006 which is in response to my phone call (status check) dated 2/27/06.

Thanks.

Take INFOPASS appointment ASAP and take a print out of the Visa Bulletin along with your Documents.

Thats your best bet at the moment along with your lawyer sending a letter to CIS and even ask for a AILA inquiry.

Ind_2001 said:
Hi all.....

I am an old timer (with new username). I got a letter from immigration stating that “your EB2 case is pending as visa #s are not available. Check www.travel.gov for updates for the dates.........."

Now my details are as below:
PD: Sept. 2001
140/485: RD - Sept. 2003
140 AD: June 2005

As per current bulletin NSC is processing EB2 (India) with Jan 2002. I do not understand why NSC has sent me this type of letter. I called customer support today....explained everything to first person, she said not my cup of tea... transferred to next one.....same answer.....transferred to third person....who said same and asked me to send a letter to NSC. I talked with my lawyer and he says we will write a letter. My senator is trying to contact immigration officer, but no updates yet.....

Any idea /guesses like what's happening here?????? BTW this letter is dated March 2, 2006 which is in response to my phone call (status check) dated 2/27/06.

Thanks.
ASK YOUR LAWYER TO FAX USCIS WITH YOUR PROOF OF PD AND CALL THEM AGAIN AT THE SAME DAY. YOU MAY HAVE SOME PAPPER SHOWING YOUR PD ?SEP01.

Last edited by a moderator:
Query/referral date

Ind_2001,
Since you received this letter this week, I am assuming that you must have raised query/referral a month ago. At that time there was no Visa # available for EB2 with Sep 01 PD. Hence you received that letter.
Now your PD is current. so most likely they will assign your case to office and you should get approval or other notification before end of May if not then call nsc

Ind_2001,
Infopass appointment should help you. You should take your 140 approval copy that gives your priority date along with the 485 receipt and this letter. This is easy and will not need your attorney (in case that costs money). You could also find if your name check is cleared.

PD Sep01
EB3 India
I140 cleared
485 RD Feb 2004
Name Check Pending

Thanks everyone. I have taken an infopass appointment for next week and also lawyer will be sending out a letter to USCIS.

Can anyone put on some more light to raise an AILA inquiry?

485 for dependents

Recd my/my spouse's and my first son's GC approved in July 2005. My twin children were 13 when I applied in Nov 04 and when the processing took place they were 14. So along with my approval they got finger printing notice. FP was done in Sept 05 but I am yet to receive the GC approval. I enquired many times as my 485 date and the PD have crossed but I recd a response for my enquiry saying the visa numbers are not available.
1. Will it help if I go to some Congressman for this.
2. How to find out when the visa numbers will be available?

EB2 - INDIA
PD Nov 2000
I-485 date Nov 04