Letter from FBI

I612

Registered Users (C)
So I had sent a letter to the First Lady couple of months ago to ask for assistance with namecheck; that is after the senator and congressmen were not helpful. Today I got a long winded letter from FBI stating why the FOIPA results I attached is different from Namecheck and that they are "trying" to process all cases as fast as they can...

Anyone else with similar experience that has seen any positive response afterwards?

I am aware of the 180 day memo, but just hoping to get done with this one way or another...........:eek:

I got my GC in about 4-5 weeks after receiving the FBI letter.

So I had sent a letter to the First Lady couple of months ago to ask for assistance with namecheck; that is after the senator and congressmen were not helpful. Today I got a long winded letter from FBI stating why the FOIPA results I attached is different from Namecheck and that they are "trying" to process all cases as fast as they can...

Anyone else with similar experience that has seen any positive response afterwards?

I am aware of the 180 day memo, but just hoping to get done with this one way or another...........:eek:

I got letter from FBI with details on name check e.g. the day they completed name check, when did they transfer result to USCIS and within two weeks I got my approval along with card.

Uday

Could you please post the information you got from FBI about name check.
Six months ago I got a letter from my congressman that my case is pending background security checks and USCIS can not proceede with my case unitll these checks are complete. There was also a link given in that letter to the FBI namechecks page. I wrote another letter last month to my congressman and I got a reponse that my case is undergoing an administrative review.
Can you find any information about administrative review in the letter you got from FBI??

No administrative review. I had attached the FOIPA result and it goes on for one whole page explaining the difference between FOIPA and NC. Then it is back to the same story about they are trying their best but have to consider all cases and some go for manual check and so and and so forth.....

I got the same response from FBI (i.e. name check is pending since July 2006).
So far, no movement at the USCIS side, despite the memo.
Now, I am in doubt - should I go ahead and sue them using the FBI response and memo, or just sit tight (for how long?) and wait?

Hi Guys,

Couple of months back have sent a letter to Mrs.George W.Bush and got the following response yesterday from FBI .Looks like it's a standard answer.

Response:
Your name check was received from the USCIS on May 2006 and is currently in process.
The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration...etc.While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given ,you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

I don't know when they will send the results.Infact last week have submiited one more enquiry through Senator's office.
God knows when we come out form this mess.

EB3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP applied date:02/05/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Contacted NSC through POJ on 12/19/2007:Still in name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Waiting for response
I485 AD ??????

Hi Guys,

Couple of months back have sent a letter to Mrs.George W.Bush and got the following response yesterday from FBI .Looks like it's a standard answer.

Response:
Your name check was received from the USCIS on May 2006 and is currently in process.
The FBI processes millions of name check requests each year with each requiring thoughtful consideration...etc.While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given ,you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

Hey! why did you copy the letter I received from FBI? Or they are making copies?

I got the same response from FBI (i.e. name check is pending since July 2006).
So far, no movement at the USCIS side, despite the memo.
Now, I am in doubt - should I go ahead and sue them using the FBI response and memo, or just sit tight (for how long?) and wait?
Patience paid off - I am green.

Well mine was approved too, but I also got a letter from the congressman's office 2 weeks after approval notice stating that my NC is still in process. So I guess mine was approved due to the memo and still have to have fear of GC being revoked, though I am sure I haven't had any issues with breaking the law.