Letter from FBI: name check in process

HariKrishna: Could you share the contents of the email you sent to FBI. Did you include all your case details? Can you post a copy of your email on the forum. My case has been pending for NC since Apr 07. Do you think I should wait for more time or start being proactive and also send an email to FBI.

thanks
am_var
You should wait for somemore time on your case. It's too early to raise an issue. Asper the processing dates, your application is not beyond the regular processing time

Longtime NC waiters,
Did any one try emailing the NNCP chief directly.?

Michael.Cannon@ic.fbi.gov
(This should be a valid email address for the NNCP Chief)

Michael A. Cannon
Chief, National Name Check
Program Section
Records Management Division

well i just find out that actually my name check began in April,2005 and it will be 3 YEARS!!!!!in a few months:((((((((((((((((((Oh GOD................

hi Kris and others..
I got a similar letter from FBI forwarded by congressman: Name check cleared after 2 years.
Wondering why results were forwarded to USCIS, HQ in Washington DC. instead of NSC.

Inerestingly, the service request reply still reported Background check pending.
Anybody has similar experience?... thanks for sharing

Hi,

I got the letter from FBI forwarded by my local congressman, in my case its stated that it was finalized on July 15, 2007 and the results forwarded to USCIS, HQ in Washington DC.It took exactly 2 years and 3 months for my Name Check to get cleared

I think in your case its still not cleared.Good Luck

regards

kris

hey guys, mines been pending since 1/2005, but i got an rfe from NSC and replied it. getting the rfe raised my hopes, but i dont have a confirmed update on whether my namecheck is cleared...how do i write to fbi to see if its cleared?

Just FYI: Getting a RFE has nothing to do with having name check cleared. My wife's RFE was issued in Aug 2005, but her name check wasn't cleared until more than one year later after we filed a lawsuit. The only way to check if your NC is cleared is to talk to a local IO through Infopass or if you're lucky you can also talk to a USCIS national customer service rep.

Good luck.

hi Kris and others..
I got a similar letter from FBI forwarded by congressman: Name check cleared after 2 years.
Wondering why results were forwarded to USCIS, HQ in Washington DC. instead of NSC.

Inerestingly, the service request reply still reported Background check pending.
Anybody has similar experience?... thanks for sharing

Congrats that you crossed a major hurdle, I am not sure why NC findings were forwarded to USCIS HQ. My first SR response Dated June 23, 2007 stated that my Background security check is pending, but subsequently Infopass visit dated Aug 9, 2007 confirmed everything is cleared, so this corroborate with the letter from FBI which stated NC was cleared on July 15, 2007.

I would suggest you to take infopass and get confusion cleared.

regards

kris

thanks Kris. I am trying to take Infopass appointment (option: "Need Service on a case that has already been filed"), but have not been able to take it. The link for appointment does not seem to be working now. Will probably have to check back periodically.

Congrats that you crossed a major hurdle, I am not sure why NC findings were forwarded to USCIS HQ. My first SR response Dated June 23, 2007 stated that my Background security check is pending, but subsequently Infopass visit dated Aug 9, 2007 confirmed everything is cleared, so this corroborate with the letter from FBI which stated NC was cleared on July 15, 2007.

I would suggest you to take infopass and get confusion cleared.

regards

kris