Letter from FBI after five year wait

Waiting79

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I've been a silent reader on this site for 4 months. I am a US citizen and I had applied for my husband;s GC in Aug of 2002. we had our interview back in dec 2004 where we were told everything looks good but his name check is pending. We had tried everything from writing to senators to congressman and the ombudsman but didn't get an answer we already didn't know (Name check is pending) We were about to file a writ but I read about writing to First Lady Laura Bush here. We wanted to try this before we file the writ as it is a very expensive process. We wrote to her on March 25th and today I got a letter from FBI stating:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program detabase revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on January 11, 2003. This was submission was processed and finalized on May 4, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

This means that we have been waiting for 2 extra years for no reason at all because someone at uscis did not do their job. Can someone please help us and tell us what should we do about this case. Everytime we took an info pass we would always hear that they are waiting for the FBI to respond..We have been made to wait for 5 years!!! How much longer do you think this process will take . Please give any advice on how to get my husband's GC processed asap. Thanks

write to USCIS

Hi all,
I've been a silent reader on this site for 4 months. I am a US citizen and I had applied for my husband;s GC in Aug of 2002. we had our interview back in dec 2004 where we were told everything looks good but his name check is pending. We had tried everything from writing to senators to congressman and the ombudsman but didn't get an answer we already didn't know (Name check is pending) We were about to file a writ but I read about writing to First Lady Laura Bush here. We wanted to try this before we file the writ as it is a very expensive process. We wrote to her on March 25th and today I got a letter from FBI stating:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program detabase revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on January 11, 2003. This was submission was processed and finalized on May 4, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

This means that we have been waiting for 2 extra years for no reason at all because someone at uscis did not do their job. Can someone please help us and tell us what should we do about this case. Everytime we took an info pass we would always hear that they are waiting for the FBI to respond..We have been made to wait for 5 years!!! How much longer do you think this process will take . Please give any advice on how to get my husband's GC processed asap. Thanks

Write to USCIS with strong words. You are an American citizen. nothing to be afraid of.

I would suggest u to go for writ. U have nothing to lose & u have a VERY strong case. Just because someone is working in USCIS, it doesn't mean that he/she can do anything & no one would account him/her accountable.

Normally, people digest this injustice because they are afraid that if they raise their voice, it may complicate & delay their case further & once they get it, they forget all the hardships..
Since u r US citizen already, I think u can take them to task... Those people don't know how can they affect the life of a person due to their mistake or lazy-ass!!

Rest, its upto u!!

how to write to USCIS exactly?

Write to USCIS with strong words. You are an American citizen. nothing to be afraid of.

my case is similiar here, as i just found out the same response from FBI saying they already processed my name check and sent back to USCIS 2 years ago.

i am really interested to know what exactly i should be doing at this point, thanks!

I am waiting for my I485 for 2 years already..

Because SHE IS CITIZEN. The voice of a citizen is much stronger than ANY pre-GC holder, ans she has the FBI letter.

My case is stuck for more than 6 years. Should I file WRIT ? no, I hesitate to do it. I do not want the case go complicate.

How is their case is stronger than any other case? Please elaborate.

Why don't you try writing to FL Laura Bush? That seems to be the only way things start to move other than wom.