Letter from FBI after five year wait

Yeah. Let say... I was a terrorist, and I convince a USC to marry me. I get to stay here indefinately, I got an EAD to work in some federal building and plan stuff or whatever they do... for at least 6 months - 1 year...

While the FBI is still checking my name... ?

My point e.x.a.c.t.l.y.!

Hi all,
I've been a silent reader on this site for 4 months. I am a US citizen and I had applied for my husband;s GC in Aug of 2002. we had our interview back in dec 2004 where we were told everything looks good but his name check is pending. We had tried everything from writing to senators to congressman and the ombudsman but didn't get an answer we already didn't know (Name check is pending) We were about to file a writ but I read about writing to Laur Bush here. We wanted to try this before we file the writ as it is a very expensive process. We wrote to her on March 25th and today I got a letter from FBI stating:

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program detabase revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on January 11, 2003. This was submission was processed and finalized on May 4, 2005. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

This means that we have been waiting for 2 extra years for no reason at all because someone at uscis did not do their job. Can someone please help us and tell us what should we do about this case. Everytime we took an info pass we would always hear that they are waiting for the FBI to respond..We have been made to wait for 5 years!!! How much longer do you think this process will take . Please give any advice on how to get my husband's GC processed asap. Thanks

Have you heard anything so far from USCIS? If you have inquired with CIS or senator or anyone else - what has been the outcome so far?

Keep us posted. Thanks

We had our info pass appt on tuesday. We showed the officer the letter from FBI and she checked our case in the system. Sure enough, she said the FBI check was cleared!! She told us that the case is just waiting for assignment of a adjucating officer. She made us fill out a form with case information and attached the FBI letter. She said this would be forwarded to the original officer who interviewed us. I told her the FBI letter says the nc cleared in 2005. She said nope it just cleared. When I asked then why does the letter say 2005. She just started to make excuses on how two checks might've been initiated and blah blah blah. We basically think that the letter was forwarded to Uscis by FL and that made someone look at our file. They probably saw that the name check has been cleared for 2 years now so they finally updated it in their system. The lady told us it should not take more than a month now. FL is awesome!!!

We had our info pass appt on tuesday. We showed the officer the letter from FBI and she checked our case in the system. Sure enough, she said the FBI check was cleared!! She told us that the case is just waiting for assignment of a adjucating officer. She made us fill out a form with case information and attached the FBI letter. She said this would be forwarded to the original officer who interviewed us. I told her the FBI letter says the nc cleared in 2005. She said nope it just cleared. When I asked then why does the letter say 2005. She just started to make excuses on how two checks might've been initiated and blah blah blah. We basically think that the letter was forwarded to Uscis by FL and that made someone look at our file. They probably saw that the name check has been cleared for 2 years now so they finally updated it in their system. The lady told us it should not take more than a month now. FL is awesome!!!

Thanks for your reply. The reason I ask is that I have received same letter from FBI on Friday. My letter said that results were forwarded to USCIS headquaters on May 15th, 2007. Now I am trying to figure out what should I do. I made one infopass on Thursday May 24th (coincidence as I got letter next day) but on May 24 the clerk who checked my case said my name check is still pending. I am guessing it takes a while to get things in USCIS's system. I am hoping that my name check is also cleared like yours.

I am thinking of making another INFOPASS in 10 days. Let me know if you have any idea how I can expedite things from here onwards.

ncblackhole,

Please let me know HOW you got FBI to respond?
Have you written to FBI directly (what and which address you sent your request to) or you wrote to some officials (who?) and as the result, received a letter from FBI?

My name check is "pending" for a year now ....

ncblackhole,

Have you written to FBI directly (what and which address you sent your request to) or you wrote to some officials (who?) and as the result, received a letter from FBI?

dumok,
tryto write tp first Lady Laura Bush. I got her mailing address from the white house website. I sent a letter stating I need help in expediting my gc application. Make sure to write down your receipt # as well as other information pertaining to your case. I asked her to contact FbI. As a result, I got a mail from FBI. Please see previous posts for the details.

ncblackhole,

Hey Dumok,

I also wrote to everyone including First Lady. I think first lady is your best bet. Just go to white house.gov website and look for her address...

But I am still trying to find out what this letter means.. does it mean name check is cleared or now I have to wait another year before USCIS does something..

Thanks for your reply. The reason I ask is that I have received same letter from FBI on Friday. My letter said that results were forwarded to USCIS headquaters on May 15th, 2007. Now I am trying to figure out what should I do. I made one infopass on Thursday May 24th (coincidence as I got letter next day) but on May 24 the clerk who checked my case said my name check is still pending. I am guessing it takes a while to get things in USCIS's system. I am hoping that my name check is also cleared like yours.

I am thinking of making another INFOPASS in 10 days. Let me know if you have any idea how I can expedite things from here onwards.

ncblackhole,
I would make another info pass just like you said you would. Make sure to take a copy of the letter from FBI. Hopefully, it will already be updated in their system. If not, show them the letter and demand them to look into your case. If all fails contact FL, senators, congresssman again for help.

Hey

I went to the website you mentioned but couldnt find her adress.

But found this from another website
Link: http://www.emailthepresident.com/first-lady.html

Address above mentioned as:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20500

Please can you confirm that this is the correct address.

Thanks

Hey Dumok,

I also wrote to everyone including First Lady. I think first lady is your best bet. Just go to white house.gov website and look for her address...

But I am still trying to find out what this letter means.. does it mean name check is cleared or now I have to wait another year before USCIS does something..

Hey

I went to the website you mentioned but couldnt find her adress.

But found this from another website
Link: http://www.emailthepresident.com/first-lady.html

Address above mentioned as:
1600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20500

Please can you confirm that this is the correct address.

Thanks

Same ... the address you gave is the address of white house..

Just remember one thing.. this new bill is going to pass soon which will prevent people from filing lawsuits.. so if you think you can wait for a while then it is fine but otherwise must consider WOM option.

This is last chance we have to file a case, must think about that also.. you can still write a letter and case at the same time..

Just something to think about

Same ... the address you gave is the address of white house..

Just remember one thing.. this new bill is going to pass soon which will prevent people from filing lawsuits.. so if you think you can wait for a while then it is fine but otherwise must consider WOM option.

This is last chance we have to file a case, must think about that also.. you can still write a letter and case at the same time..

Just something to think about

FYI...the USCIS can no longer make an expedited request to FBI based on WOM.This went into effect Jan 2007....

FYI...the USCIS can no longer make an expedited request to FBI based on WOM.This went into effect Jan 2007....[/QUOTE

Well, its not about USCIS anymore once you file WOM... Judge can ask FBI to do the job in certain amount of time. Just so you know everyday many people who filed cases after Jan 2007 are winning and getting their job done through WOM.....

WOM can not be stopped by USCIS but only by Congress.. once bill passes it will be a different story..