• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Letter came, moved out...what can i do?

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I found out today that my 2nd letter came n i have moved out of my currently. Is there anything i can do to move my interview place? It is on Feb. 5.

hallo janetgal,

are you in the same country or in another Country after the move.

no, i moved out to anohter country as requested by my job. can i move the interview place to my current country?

I don't think that it has something to do with region because anyway the case number will remain same and the interview will be also called according to the case number without taking in account his new country and the local case numbers.

My advise

Hello All,
I found out today that my 2nd letter came n i have moved out of my currently. Is there anything i can do to move my interview place? It is on Feb. 5.

Hi,

This is what i would advise you, Call your original embassy (where u were to have your interview) ask them for advise. whether you can sit for the interview in another country. They will be able to advise you accordingly.

Also call KCC. i know of some one who called KCC and sheduled hers in UK yet she was to have her interview in Kenya originally. Call them. those documents you have have a contact number, explain your problem and they advise you accordingly.

Good luck.

How can I request that case be transferred from another U.S. Embassy to the Immigrant Visa Unit ?

Please contact the USA Unit in your Contry for an appointment. The transfer is not guaranteed, but you are welcome to present compelling reasons for your case to be transferred . For instance, if the beneficiary lives in contry permanently, you may choose to present his / her residency card. If we can accept the case, resources permitting, you will sign a formal request on the day of your interview and we will forward an official request on your behalf. Please bring information pertaining to your case at the time of the interview, including the case number. Please note that transferring your case will not expedite the process and in many instances results in a further delay.

dv 2009

so your letter came in january 2009 and your dv is dv 2009.im aconcerned dv 2010 applicant.asanti mkenya mwenzangu.