Lets Track I-485s Transferred to National Benefit Center

Jdlabnala,

I sincerely wish you best of luck. I hope you do get approved for green card on the day of your interview. One of my friends who was in similiar situation as you (employment based with family) in EB-3 category got one year of stamp in his passport and he is expecting the plastic card soon.

Best of luck, and do share your experience after the interview.

Regards,
waitingforcard

Hi All,

I have received interview letter today,but not for my wife and daughter. Their cases transferred little later than mine and there were several Lud's recently, so hopefully will get soon.

Interview date is 02/04/08 @ Miami and noticed that interview letter has wrong PD.

Couple of questions?

1.PD column has 485 RD instead of correct PD.Has anybody come across this issue and how to correct this?

2. Is there anybody who attended/attending interview @ Miami local office? If yes, please share your experiences/Inputs.

3. Can anyone, post a sample EVL, please

Thank you

Matluri,

Here are answers to your questions

1. My interview letter had the same priority date as the receipt date of I-485. It is nothing to be concerned about. Immigration Officers know what your true priority date is from labor certification and I-140 approval.

2. Please check trackitt forum you might be able to find some people from that area.

3. EVL See below.

Date:

USCIS Address Your Address

Subject: Employment Verification Letter

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter certifies that Mr ....... is employed by ..company name.. since ..Date... as a ...job title.... This is a full time position of 40 hours/week and his current salary is $ ..salary..

As a ..job title.., Mr.... is responsible for performing following responsibilities:

• Write

• Job

• Responsibilities

• From

• Labor

• Certification

....Provide company description here....

Sincerely,

Waitingforgcard:

Thank you for your reply and detailed answers to my questions.

Today I have received interview letters for my wife and daughter as well for 02/04/08.

I understand you too have interview on the same date. Best of Luck on your interview.

Thanks again

We had our interview this morning. It went very well. The IO was very nice and professional. He just asked me about my employer. He then asked for my children's birth certificates, my marriage contract, EVL and tax returns. He also took our fingerprints and have us sign the form for our GC. He then checked the visa availability and since our PD is current and our background checks have been cleared, he told us that he will be approving our application today. I was speechless when I heard that. Being here for almost 12 years and waiting almost 7 years to complete the whole GC process, I still can't believe it. He gave us a letter congratulating us on becoming permanent residents and that we should be expecting our cards in the mail in about 2 to 3 weeks. He also mentioned to us that when we receive our GC, we need to have our SSN cards updated as well. The whole interview took only about 25 mins. Thank you everyone on this forum for all your valuable information and help. I will continue to pray for everyone that you get your GC soon. Just hang in there. It will surely come.

Jdlabnala,

Congratulations!!!! I am very happy for you. I am glad that your petition was approved on the very same day, that is amazing. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with rest of us.

I have my interview on Feb 1st, I hope I get lucky as well.

Enjoy your freedom

485 Interview Letter

waitingforgreencard:

How does your interview letter look like? Mine has a Form I-291 on the footer. The reason for appointment: Interview your client's application for Adjustment of Status. It was addressed to my company's lawyer and copied me. No where in the IL did I see my PD. The letter also referenced us to ask for Desk E33 on the day of interview.

Is your IL similar to what I described?

Thanks.

Jdlabnala,

Congratulations!!!! I am very happy for you. I am glad that your petition was approved on the very same day, that is amazing. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with rest of us.

I have my interview on Feb 1st, I hope I get lucky as well.

Enjoy your freedom

Thank you. I'm sure you'll have a very successful interview. Good luck.

waitingforgreencard:

How does your interview letter look like? Mine has a Form I-291 on the footer. The reason for appointment: Interview your client's application for Adjustment of Status. It was addressed to my company's lawyer and copied me. No where in the IL did I see my PD. The letter also referenced us to ask for Desk E33 on the day of interview.

Is your IL similar to what I described?

Thanks.

KCLEE60,

My interview letter was addressed to me and not the lawyer. One copy was sent to my address and other to Lawyers address. My IL has a priority date filed where they have put in my I-485 reciept date (which is nothing to be concerned about). My letter did not ask me to report to a particular desk. It just mentions to arrive at the address listed at the bottom of the interview letter.

I hope that helps.