Lets start with Feb Filers

Sorrayah, my petition isn't marriage based... it's family based as a son of a citizen. My mother got her green card through an employment based petition about 7-8 years ago. The case included the whole family, my father (her spouse) and children, my 2 sisters and I.

I aged out by the time she got approved, leaving me the only one in the family not to get the green card then. I had to start all over again. I started a family based petition as an unmarried son over the age of 21 of a permanent resident, which later got upgraded to unmarried son of a citizen when my mother became naturalized.

That's where I stand now... 15 years after coming in the states.... my chance to finally get this green card... and that's why I'm curious as to what they could possibly ask me other than verifying that the eligibility of the financial sponsor.

I am sorry cestlavie for missunderstanding!!! I am sorry to hear that your process is taking so long. I really don't know what they could ask you either. I am guessing that they will ask questions from forms mostly and maybe something about your life. Hopefully this time you will get your green card so you can finally start normal life!!! One more time I am sorry!!! Good luck!

Sorrayah, my petition isn't marriage based... it's family based as a son of a citizen. My mother got her green card through an employment based petition about 7-8 years ago. The case included the whole family, my father (her spouse) and children, my 2 sisters and I.

I aged out by the time she got approved, leaving me the only one in the family not to get the green card then. I had to start all over again. I started a family based petition as an unmarried son over the age of 21 of a permanent resident, which later got upgraded to unmarried son of a citizen when my mother became naturalized.

That's where I stand now... 15 years after coming in the states.... my chance to finally get this green card... and that's why I'm curious as to what they could possibly ask me other than verifying that the eligibility of the financial sponsor.

Hmmm... that is strange. Usually interviews are done to validate the authenticity of a marriage. They prove parent status via documents and almost never interview, I'd assume it's the same with a child.

What status are you presently in? Does it allow for "dual intent"? If not, you would have to prove that you planned to enter the US temporarily, and later changed your mind and decided to do AOS. That's a tough sell if your entire family is here.

Also, were you ever out of status? You are not filing an immediate relative petition (which waives out-of-status time), any out-of-status time can make you ineligible for AOS.

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Now filing I-130/I-485 for parent...
DO: Santa Ana, CA

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
5/22/08 - checks cashed, receipt numbers from Missouri MSC (NBC)
5/25/08 - Notice dates for all notices
5/29/08 - LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 (received and pending at NBC)
6/07/08 - Fingerprint appointment letter received
6/12/08 - Fingerprint appointment date
6/12/08 - LUD I-485/I-765 (no change, still received and pending at NBC)
7/29/08 - LUD I-485 - RFE sent out, case on hold
7/30/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still on hold for RFE)
8/04/08 - RFE received, request for tax return, 87 days to respond
8/05/08 - Sent RFE response to NBC (regular mail)
8/14/08 - LUD I-485 (RFE received, case processing has resumed)
8/15/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-485 (no change, still case processing resumed)
8/18/08 - LUD I-765 - EAD approved / card production ordered
8/18/08 - LUD I-131 - AP approved / approval notice sent
8/19/08 - LUD I-131 (no change, still approval notice sent)
8/26/08 - AP received, multi entry valid for 1 year from 8/18/08

sorrayah, no problem at all... obviously my case is less common than marriage or employment based :)

mlboston, I have always been out of status. We all came as tourists 15 years ago, overstayed, and adjusted status... well my parents and sisters are all naturalized citizens now.

I entered the country as a minor, age 14... since I am a French citizen, it was through the visa waiver program. I don't think they can argue dual intent at that age.

My mother filed her petition under 245i of the mid 90s, which I am grandfathered into according to my lawyer, and another one that I had seen as a second opinion. That gave me ground to be elligible for AOS even though I have been out of status.

Interview complete!

Hey guys! We had our interview yesterday and I must say it went very well- great interviewer – great interview EVEN though we did not find out if we were approved or not…..we got the Baltimore office special “ I need to review your file, have my supervisor review it as well and then you should receive either a notice or your green card in the mail in 60 days, if you don’t hear anything contact us” (reading a few forums it seems they don’t often approve on the spot). But anyway I still wanted to come back and share the details so anyone else interviewing there has an idea of what to expect.

The hubby and I got there early for our 2:30 appt. and luckily our interviewers 2 o’clock was a no show so we got called in at 2:15.
The waiting room was full and they called several people while we were outside waiting. They call the adjusters name, so they called out my name and not my husbands. We were met by a stern looking lady with dreadlocks who turned out to be a total sweetheart!

She led us into her office, and told us to stand behind the chairs- she still seemed quite stern at this time. But she swore us in then smiled and told us to have a seat. From there the interview took on a super casual mood- when I say this I mean we talked off topic for the most part and she shuffled papers here and there. We talked about everything from army wives the series (my hussie used to be in the army so that’s how we got on that topic), to college life, to purchasing houses, to asking my landlord for receipts when next I pay my bill, to laughing at the fact that I did not open a lot of my mail and then agreeing with us that paying bills online or via phone was waaaay easier (I had a stack of unopened mail addressed to us both as part of our evidence). In between all of this she did ask one or 2 questions, the “no” questions and she did verify a few things on our forms but she read them out loud and asked us if they were correct or not so we really did not do much. Didn’t seem that she looked at our file much before hand either. She never even asked to see our pictures!

Questions:

To my hubby: how did we meet, did you know you were ready to settle down, did your mum know you were going to propose at her new years shin dig, how many siblings do you have-what do they do ( at this point we were all just chit chatting once again)

To me: how did he propose, were my parents surprised?

To us (she did not seem to mind who answered since we all chit chatting at this point): how long did you date, is this your address now (reads address off our forms, since both our licenses have old addresses).

We really spent a lot of time talking vaguely, the questions she asked were not all back to back but at various stages in our conversations, she seemed happy to accept my copies of everything, she only asked for our lease, and some “evidence” in which case I gave her utility bills , insurances and bank & credit card statements and photo copies of bank cards in our names.

I forgot to ask if I had cleared name check, she did not take any of my AP or EAD’s away nor did she tell us about removal of conditions but overall I am just sitting back and waiting….hopefully I will get that email in a week or two saying we were approved.
:):):):):):):):)

Congrats Bmore Hopeful

Hey guys! We had our interview yesterday and I must say it went very well- great interviewer – great interview EVEN though we did not find out if we were approved or not…..we got the Baltimore office special “ I need to review your file, have my supervisor review it as well and then you should receive either a notice or your green card in the mail in 60 days, if you don’t hear anything contact us” (reading a few forums it seems they don’t often approve on the spot). But anyway I still wanted to come back and share the details so anyone else interviewing there has an idea of what to expect.

The hubby and I got there early for our 2:30 appt. and luckily our interviewers 2 o’clock was a no show so we got called in at 2:15.
The waiting room was full and they called several people while we were outside waiting. They call the adjusters name, so they called out my name and not my husbands. We were met by a stern looking lady with dreadlocks who turned out to be a total sweetheart!

She led us into her office, and told us to stand behind the chairs- she still seemed quite stern at this time. But she swore us in then smiled and told us to have a seat. From there the interview took on a super casual mood- when I say this I mean we talked off topic for the most part and she shuffled papers here and there. We talked about everything from army wives the series (my hussie used to be in the army so that’s how we got on that topic), to college life, to purchasing houses, to asking my landlord for receipts when next I pay my bill, to laughing at the fact that I did not open a lot of my mail and then agreeing with us that paying bills online or via phone was waaaay easier (I had a stack of unopened mail addressed to us both as part of our evidence). In between all of this she did ask one or 2 questions, the “no” questions and she did verify a few things on our forms but she read them out loud and asked us if they were correct or not so we really did not do much. Didn’t seem that she looked at our file much before hand either. She never even asked to see our pictures!

Questions:

To my hubby: how did we meet, did you know you were ready to settle down, did your mum know you were going to propose at her new years shin dig, how many siblings do you have-what do they do ( at this point we were all just chit chatting once again)

To us (she did not seem to mind who answered since we all chit chatting at this point): how long did you date, is this your address now (reads address off our forms, since both our licenses have old addresses).

We really spent a lot of time talking vaguely, the questions she asked were not all back to back but at various stages in our conversations, she seemed happy to accept my copies of everything, she only asked for our lease, and some “evidence” in which case I gave her utility bills , insurances and bank & credit card statements and photo copies of bank cards in our names.

I forgot to ask if I had cleared name check, she did not take any of my AP or EAD’s away nor did she tell us about removal of conditions but overall I am just sitting back and waiting….hopefully I will get that email in a week or two saying we were approved.

Looks like the interview was cool. Congrats again.

Congrats!!!

Hiiiiiiiiii, Bmore Hopeful, Congratulations on your interview completion. It seems your interview went very well. I have feeling that your GC will get approved very soon. I'm very happy for you.

Hopefully all feb filers either get IL soon or get GC approved.

Be Faithful...

Questions:

Bmore-Congrats on the good interview!
Keep us posted!

hey congrats bmore hopeful!!!!! really happy for you... I am preparing for my interview myself... well the paperwork... and I guess I'll ask the lawyer what they can possibly ask me during this interview since I am not a marriage based petition... I'll keep you guys posted on that, maybe someone going thru the same from the 2001 245i will find this resourceful :)

Hey guys,

thanks for the congratulations :).

today in the mail our approval notice for the I-130 came- thats the one that my husband filed so i wonder if this means theI-485 will follow soon?? Ne-way, it did not get updated online- strangely - since the online sytem has always worked for me- it shows no touches or anything and has an approval date of the same day as our interview...

??????? hmmmh

oh and anyone heard from Csantos- if i remeber his interview was abit before mmine- hope it went well!

met up with the lawyer today to prep for the interview, so they pretty much require my mother to come along... my sponsor... a lawyer will actually accompany us. I am to meet with the lawyer once again with my mother next week for my mother and I to both be on the same page with what might be asked... but from what I understand, there shouldn't be any trick questions and they should all be along the lines about whether I am/she is working or not, whether my mother is actually my mother, and to her whether I am her son/not... where I live, and same yes/no questions you'd probably find on a citizenship application about any potential criminal history... and other silly things to that extent... getting to be very nervous and a boat load of paperwork to provide... but october 1st is d day

don't be nervous :)

met up with the lawyer today to prep for the interview, so they pretty much require my mother to come along... my sponsor... a lawyer will actually accompany us. I am to meet with the lawyer once again with my mother next week for my mother and I to both be on the same page with what might be asked... but from what I understand, there shouldn't be any trick questions and they should all be along the lines about whether I am/she is working or not, whether my mother is actually my mother, and to her whether I am her son/not... where I live, and same yes/no questions you'd probably find on a citizenship application about any potential criminal history... and other silly things to that extent... getting to be very nervous and a boat load of paperwork to provide... but october 1st is d day

You will be fine cestlavie. Seems you have the right plan- abit of "practic'" never hurt anybody. Meeting up with your lawyer and your mum will put you at ease!

bump.....................has csantos checked back in after his interview yet, i dont remember.

Based on his profile, he has not logged in since Aug 11th at 11:45pm - the date/time of his last post.

Don't know what happened but I hope he is doing well.

thanks bmore hopeful! 90% of my paperwork is ready :) tomorrow is appointment with lawyer and mother... all is coming along.

21 more days... :))

hopefully csantos is all good... although he is one of the first that hasn't rushed back to the forum after the interview to tell us all about it... hmmm

thanks bmore hopeful! 90% of my paperwork is ready :) tomorrow is appointment with lawyer and mother... all is coming along.

21 more days... :))

hopefully csantos is all good... although he is one of the first that hasn't rushed back to the forum after the interview to tell us all about it... hmmm

yea thats what im sayin....gettin a little worried here especially since he was on here almost everyday prior to his interview.

well it finally came. received the interview letter for my wife yeseterday in the mail. interview scheduled for october 30th at 9am. im wondering if i will get a seperate interview notice for my son or does he not get an interview letter at all and just comes as part of this interview. of course we will take him with us anyways.

Congrats

well it finally came. received the interview letter for my wife yeseterday in the mail. interview scheduled for october 30th at 9am. im wondering if i will get a seperate interview notice for my son or does he not get an interview letter at all and just comes as part of this interview. of course we will take him with us anyways.

Congratulations js360!!! This is a very good start for Seattle filers. I hope I will receive my IL soon.