Lets start with Feb Filers

ME TOO!....ur next feb08filer :).......you submitted yours right after me

Just done with walk in finger prints....also got the news that my FBI name check has been cleared....It was cleared under my other EB based 485, so they just applied it to family based 485

Last edited by a moderator:
when i type my receipt number in the online case check it says no information available...is that normal..my time line is in my signature. or am i entering the wrong information in the field?

Lintas: you said you did "walk in fingerprints".......so you went before the date on your FP notice? did they ask you why you came early?......any problems at all??

question for those who have gotten FP

i have my FP appointment for 3/13/2008 at 9 am...my question is does my wife(USC) have to come with me? does she have to be there to sign any papers? or can i go by myself?
thanks in advance.

Still Waiting...

I'm a February filer for a family-based green card app with nothing to show for it thus far. No checks cashed, no receipt notice.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a rejected application back? Although everything is complete, I am wondering if they would have expected this year's tax return to be included in a February filing and would reject an application without one.

Also, I stupidly sent in an extra check for the I-131, not paying attention that no additional fees were required when filed concurrently with the I-485. The I-485, I-130 and I-765 all had the correct fees sent in with them. Will USCIS reject the entire package due to that extra check being present?

I appreciate any and all insight. Here's my timeline:

-----------------------------------------------
2/12: I-485/I-131/I-130/I-765 sent via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox
2/13: Package signed for by USCIS
(Crickets Chirping)
(Crickets Chirping)
(Crickets Still Chirping)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just done with walk in finger prints....also got the news that my FBI name check has been cleared....It was cleared under my other EB based 485, so they just applied it to family based 485

how do you know that your name check is cleared?

how do you know that your name check is cleared?

Do you need your wife for FP?
No sir....She is not needed in any shape and form, unless you wanna make out in USCIS office, that something you need to decide....

Walk in Fingerprint:
No issues...they were happy that I came earlier...The guy wanted to take monday (my day of FP) off, so it worked great for him

Name check cleared: As I was there, I asked the guy over there and he looked up on his PC and said its been cleared....

I'm a February filer for a family-based green card app with nothing to show for it thus far. No checks cashed, no receipt notice.

Does anybody know how long it takes to receive a rejected application back? Although everything is complete, I am wondering if they would have expected this year's tax return to be included in a February filing and would reject an application without one.

Also, I stupidly sent in an extra check for the I-131, not paying attention that no additional fees were required when filed concurrently with the I-485. The I-485, I-130 and I-765 all had the correct fees sent in with them. Will USCIS reject the entire package due to that extra check being present?

I don't know about how long it takes if you're rejected, but I do know that I sent in I130, I485, I131 and I765 and sent cheques for I131 and I765. I received my NOAs for all 4 within a week of mailing them with a rejection letter with my cheques for I131 and I765 attached saying that no payment was required. So, even though you sent an extra cheque, you should be OK. It will just be returned.

However, I am concerned that you did not receive a NOAs or had your cheques cashed.

I would call USCIS and say that they have signed for your package, but you haven't received any further indication that your file is being worked on.

It's going to happen for you really soon friend. Really soon!
Like our one friend here's name says ... Be More Hopeful.
USCIS has done a lot to make this process faster and more efficient. perhaps your file came to a new recruit who is simply doing it Thoroughly as opposed to Fast and recklessly :)
If you read some older threads of filers from last year, you'll see some real stories of clerks who worked recklessly - EAD cards coming back with the wrong picture - and stuff like that. Thorough is good.

And I don't think that sending an extra check would affect your case badly. a Missing check would have been bad though :eek:

we sent a 2006 tax return of my husband. Don't worry so much. Have faith, it will happen

I appreciate any and all insight. Here's my timeline:

-----------------------------------------------
2/12: I-485/I-131/I-130/I-765 sent via FedEx to Chicago Lockbox
2/13: Package signed for by USCIS
(Crickets Chirping)
(Crickets Chirping)
(Crickets Still Chirping)

Good words FEBO8FILER! Good words!....you're soon Acatuva.

well looks like your a day behind me and i'm 2 days behind TD. No letter in the mail today- already checked- so lets hope 2moroo i get one- that way we can look at our case status online :):):)

Good words FEBO8FILER! Good words!....you're soon Acatuva.

well looks like your a day behind me and i'm 2 days behind TD. No letter in the mail today- already checked- so lets hope 2moroo i get one- that way we can look at our case status online :):):)

not really, i received my NOAs, and still cant see case online

Thanks for all the responses...

The feedback on the extra checks and the tax returns was greatly appreciated it. I guess it's just a waiting game for a couple more weeks.

Checks not cleared yet

Hello, its been 18 days and the check has not been cleared yet. Is there any # I can call and ask for the status? Please advise.

I think if you call before 30 days, they'll tell you to call back after 30 days. :p My advice is to wait. I'm sure everything is fine.

They received the info, so I'm sure you'll hear something within the next 2 weeks. :)

Congrats on the update, FEB08FILER!

NoA's were in the mail today :)- lucky for me i can see my cases online........wondering why this is not the case for eveyone........

WHOOOHOHOOO Bmore Helpful **Happy Dance**

Lemme go check that mailbox RIGHT NOW !!:)
I think its a bit early for our mail person though. barely past lunch here

This is almost as exciting as it was to plan the wedding itself, except in this we are passive bystanders getting handed little morsels of happiness to put in our buckets every few days :) My bucket is brimming to overflow already!