Lets start with Feb Filers

But my I-130 is still pending. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get I-130 approved? :confused:

It has been approved already.U should receive your welcome notice with your i130 approval letter.The same thing happened to me too

what's with New York City?

saw lots of you have already received interview dates or have already did the interview.
I filed in feb, and got EAD in July, med in April, and then there's nothing. went to federal plaza infopass two months ago and they told me i will hear from them in 60 days. nothing. i'm going to infopass again...but they can just keep saying wait and do nothing? :mad::mad::mad:

Thank you!

thanks guys, a little more hopeful now. good luck next week kirkland.

I'm done... my interview was uneventful, and not very exciting, but it's done. The IO said 2 weeks, so we'll see. js360: you should be getting your LUD tomorrow. Let us know if this happens.

received GC

I just received my GC today. :D:D:D

kirkland, seems like your interview went very well, I'm sure you are approved. I hope you will see update soon.

js360, any update?

congrats superTD.... looks like you're the only one with good news... everybody else who's had their interview already seem fairly disappointed... me included.

I was really hoping for my case to be approved by now... but it apparently takes more than a month and a half to do what they need to do (which should take roughly 5 mins).

Oye I really want to move on already... everything that could have gone wrong with this case has gone wrong... and will keep on going wrong as I am sure that once those 60 days I should be waiting for a decision to be made will only lead to another 60 days to review why the first 60 days I've been waiting for this forsaken decision to be made hasn't been made.

I guess my fears will be validated if nothing happens in the next couple of weeks when those 60 days are up... damn bureaucracy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received my GC today. :D:D:D

kirkland, seems like your interview went very well, I'm sure you are approved. I hope you will see update soon.

js360, any update?

nope nothing. just like cestlaive, so far just dissapointment ever since we walked out of the interview. guess we can only continue to wait.

Nothing Here Either

I don't understand!!!! We should have at least the LUD by now!!!! At least one of us got it, so we know things are working!!!

Congratulations superTD!!!

kirkland... what do you expect? this is the immigration... they are their own understaffed problem... if by understaffed they mean no one else to pass the ball to instead of just solving a case from a to z

I do admit it's ridiculous!

I've been checking my email, the USCIS website, like 20 times a day hoping for a change :) Any USCIS updates get forwarded to my cell hoping that the next logical email I receive from them would be this famous and greatly anticipated "welcome" notification lol... there are now 18 days left to the 60 days I am to be waiting for this decision... but I feel like nothing will move by then... perhaps once the lawyer will be able to send them an inquiry letter, I may see closure.

trawal, the handout they gave me after the interview states I should wait 60 days... I don't want to make a meeting just to be told I can't be helped because I didn't wait the 60 days required....

I got the RFE for I-485 (tax and income related) and I replied to it. Now the online status shows the same thing that if you don't get the written response from us within 60 days then contact us.

Hopefully they will approve our case within the timeframe.

trawal, the handout they gave me after the interview states I should wait 60 days... I don't want to make a meeting just to be told I can't be helped because I didn't wait the 60 days required....

atleast you got a handout. we got nothing. lol.

lol js, I'd gladly give you my handout... I'm almost positive you'll get approved before I will :) I have 14 days left to wait... but really only 7 business days left to the month.

I know this is just going to lead to my lawyer being able to send them an inquiry letter after December 1st... them replying 2 weeks later with another wait up to 60 days for a decision... and another waiting game into 2009... and if they want to jerk me around, they can ask me for more evidence that my sister will meet the new poverty guidelines of 2009 as she is my financial guarantor... issue me another interview date to verify all paperwork... and that should easily bring me to second quarter of 2009.

lol js, I'd gladly give you my handout... I'm almost positive you'll get approved before I will :) I have 14 days left to wait... but really only 7 business days left to the month.

I know this is just going to lead to my lawyer being able to send them an inquiry letter after December 1st... them replying 2 weeks later with another wait up to 60 days for a decision... and another waiting game into 2009... and if they want to jerk me around, they can ask me for more evidence that my sister will meet the new poverty guidelines of 2009 as she is my financial guarantor... issue me another interview date to verify all paperwork... and that should easily bring me to second quarter of 2009.

i pray that does not happen. i really hope this is the week for you.