Let's speculate November 2006 Visa Bulletin dates EB3 category for India

Unless new laws enacted,no hope for EB3 India

I feel that there will be no movement till a new laws comes into effect.Hence now I don't even look for viss bulletin.hence waiting for november election to be over rather then waiting for vis abulletin.

be optimistic

Looking at the trend that China had gone through, we will be well moved to Jan 2002 in Nov bulletin.

No hope ....

We should be practical. Given the trend and the way dates have moved for EB3 India in last couple of months, I will be surprised if we get past April 2001 in Dec '06 bulletin.

The situation is not gonna improve for EB3 India folks in next year or so, I think.

Even if the dates move, I don't think it will make much of a difference as TSC is still approving EB3 cases (for India) filed in Feb/Mar 2000. So we 2001 files have a long wait ahead of us before the final adjudication.

Imagine my frustration, My Brother-In-Law came to USA in July 2003. He was lucky that he didn't had H1 quota available so his company sent him on L1 visa. He applied for his GC in NOV 2003 (direct I-140). He got his 485 approved in MAR 2005. I think he will get his citizenship before I get my 485 approval. I am happy for him that he didn't had to go thru alll the pain but at the same time I think it is unfair how we EB3 folks are being treated by USCIS like illegal immigrants (even illegal immigs. are better off then us).

Last edited by a moderator:
EB3 india

pendingaos said:
Saras,would you like to post your comments here?

pendingaos,

I personally feel that predictions make no point these days. No one really knows what is going on with DOL/DOS and USCIS. From what I have read it seems that in the short term there is very little hope for EB3 India. Most indiciations are that it will take another year if not more for India EB3 to cross the April 01 hurdle. There are all sorts of theories out there and numerous people will try and explain the numbers to you. I for one have stopped speculating or believing theories posted by people. I have resigned to the fact that the GC will arrive when it has to. No amount of speculations or predictions will solve this problem. In the mean time its best to live life and not get consumed with the process. I am trying my hardest to do that these days.

Good luck with your process and lets hope that something positive happens in the near term.

regards,

saras

We Waited so Long

a few more Months/years aint gonna make a difference .

it will come one day , just keep the faith .

Cheers

Yes ... bad indeed ...

atllab said:

Guys and Gals,

As I said in my earlier post, the outlook for India EB3 in the short term is pretty bleak. Only an immigration friendly bill/law can help India EB3 in fiscal year '07. Without a law we will probably stay stuck in April '01 till atleast Oct '07. I have mentally prepared myself for that outcome and so should others. In the mean time we should support pro-immigration bills, get certifications or some form of graduate education (if we can or want to)
and finally use AC-21 to switch jobs.

I know that the situation is worse for people who are waiting to file their 485. Hoepfully things will improve in a year.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

As I said in my earlier post, the outlook for India EB3 in the short term is pretty bleak. Only an immigration friendly bill/law can help India EB3 in fiscal year '07. Without a law we will probably stay stuck in April '01 till atleast Oct '07. I have mentally prepared myself for that outcome and so should others. In the mean time we should support pro-immigration bills, get certifications or some form of graduate education (if we can or want to)
and finally use AC-21 to switch jobs.

I know that the situation is worse for people who are waiting to file their 485. Hoepfully things will improve in a year.

regards,

saras

Saras,

I dont agree with U that EB3 INDIA wont go past April 2001 for one more year. India is following the Mexico trend so next month it is sure to move to May 2001. How much more further it progresses is another story.

However we are better off than folks who cannot even file 485.

Good luck!

Yes .. maybe

HaraKad said:
Saras,

I dont agree with U that EB3 INDIA wont go past April 2001 for one more year. India is following the Mexico trend so next month it is sure to move to May 2001. How much more further it progresses is another story.

However we are better off than folks who cannot even file 485.

Good luck!

Harakad,

You may be right. India EB3 will probably follow the same path Mexico has followed over the past year. Even so, it will be a while before it gets into 3rd-4th qtr of 01 and finally into 02. It will probably take as much time as Mexico has taken and that may be the entire fiscal year of '07. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but at this point we have to accept these delays.
regards,

saras

I agree with you Saras ....

I completely agree with you Saras. Even the "All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed" EB3 was stuck in April '01 for almost 6-8 months. Only problem is even after when dates become current, nobody knows how long will it take these folks to approve our 485 cases. I think Saras is right in saying, upgrade your skills and move on with other jobs. I have waited 5 long years for this and I don't want to waste anymore time waiting for this process to get over.

Saras do you have any idea, what precautions one should take while making a switch to avoid any kind of problems at the time of final approval?

saras76 said:
Harakad,

You may be right. India EB3 will probably follow the same path Mexico has followed over the past year. Even so, it will be a while before it gets into 3rd-4th qtr of 01 and finally into 02. It will probably take as much time as Mexico has taken and that may be the entire fiscal year of '07. Sorry to sound so pessimistic but at this point we have to accept these delays.
regards,

saras

Ac-21

mhsoor said:
I completely agree with you Saras. Even the "All Charge- ability Areas Except Those Listed" EB3 was stuck in April '01 for almost 6-8 months. Only problem is even after when dates become current, nobody knows how long will it take these folks to approve our 485 cases. I think Saras is right in saying, upgrade your skills and move on with other jobs. I have waited 5 long years for this and I don't want to waste anymore time waiting for this process to get over.

Saras do you have any idea, what precautions one should take while making a switch to avoid any kind of problems at the time of final approval?

mhsoor,

The main thing to keep in mind while making a switch is that the job function should be "similar" to what you are doing now. There is no clear defenition of a "similar" job so it is very subjective. I have known people who switched companies and never informed the USCIS about it. They got their GCs without RFEs. Some others never informed the USCIS but did so when they got a RFE. So there are all sorts of things out there. The safest way is to get a similar job, ensure that your current employer does not revoke your I-140 (this will not be an issue if its been over 6 months since 485 was filed), inform the USCIS that you are invoking AC-21 and make the move.

regards,

saras

what if we enhance our skills and join other company by that our profile will change, if EVL comes do we need to show that old profile while we applied for labor or can we show latest ones.

Thanks

It does not matter as long as your job title show similar thing and your salary range is close range. I have switched my job so far 4 times in last 5 years with all different skills from tester, to developer, to CRM expert.

So it does not matter as long as you are in similar IT or related field.