LETS INCREASE OUR VOICES for the DREAM ACT

benjicsb0018

hello, im a new registeres user in this forum and my situation is just like many of u. i was brought to the US when i was 13 from peru because our situation wasnt going well. my visa expired long time ago and im one of the many who dont have legal status and get stuck in acomplishing their dreams. i first didnt wanna come because i didnt wanna leave everything i had in peru but once i came i learned not to take anything for granted and take advantages of the opportunities GOD brings to us. i live in california and graduated from high school with honors 3.6 gpa. im glad to be in califonria because we have one of the best system of UNIVERSITIES in the world, THE UC. i actually got into a couple of them for aerspace ingeneering(my major) but i coudlnt afford to pay so much money and have no financial aid. now im at a community college to transfer in 2 years. LETS ALL BE GLAD THAT WE HAVE THE AB540 TO HELP US MINIMIZE THE COSTS but we all know that the dream act would tremendously revive our aspirations to reach our goals. LASTLY i wanna know what we could do increase our voices and support the dream act. we all have to be conscious that this is the CHANCE so please let me know what we could do to support the DREAM ACT.

hey, I'm doing a presentation this thursday on the dream act in my community. I would love If I could use your experience as part of my presentation. I'm also in the same situation and I live in california too. Anyways dream_act@sbcglobal.net is my e-mail and go ahead and let me know any info and maybe where you live. If you live close to me we might be able to work together.

hey how is it going? i would first wanna know what kind of presentation this is. it seems like u form part of some group supporin ght dream act. it would be cool be get involved in groups like thsi and spred the voice. anywyas, i live in the bay area and hope to hear from u

Hi

I am a volenteer on various immigration committees in the Orlando area. One comittee is solely for the travel and tourisum industry , others are for every state

Meetings are planned with Senators to discuss The dream Act along with aging out , (not all children are protected by the CSPA)

The aim is to raise awareness of various issues and support the dream act bill but we feel the does not go far enough and will exclude many children.

In the process of writing a white paper which will be published in due course

The more members who join and post, hopefully the more we will raise awareness and be listened to

Where are you in the Bay area?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also from an organization dedicated to promote the DREAM Act. Its name its Coalition of Students Advocates (CoSA) and its website is www.cosaonline.org

I understand that you are searching for ways to "raise" our voice in the DREAM Act.

Follow the next link and it will take you to a post inside the CoSA forum. The thread deals with a flyer campaing regarding DREAM Act. The thread has pictures of flyers posted and one movie. here is the link

http://www.cosaonline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

I hope you'll join us and participate in our activities as well.

juang said:
I am also from an organization dedicated to promote the DREAM Act. Its name its Coalition of Students Advocates (CoSA) and its website is www.cosaonline.org

I understand that you are searching for ways to "raise" our voice in the DREAM Act.

Follow the next link and it will take you to a post inside the CoSA forum. The thread deals with a flyer campaing regarding DREAM Act. The thread has pictures of flyers posted and one movie. here is the link

http://www.cosaonline.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2484

I hope you'll join us and participate in our activities as well.

Dear Juang

I have taken a look at your web site and am extremly impressed. In order to raise awareness please PM the contact details of site owner so that we may discuss the way forward

Regards Sue