Lets forget GC - 800K applications as per AILA

everonh1

Registered Users (C)
source - immigration-law.com
10/03/2007: Total EB-485 Applications Received in July and August 2008

The attendees of the AILA Conference on 09/28/2007 report that the total EB-485 application which were received relating to the July VB fiasco turned out to be approximately 800,000. Unbelievably, this number is close to 750,000 we predicted when July VB broke out. The numbers are reportedly broken out as follows:
320,000 stand alone 485 applications
40,000 concurrently filed 485 applications
About 400,000 485 applications filed by the spouses and children of the principal EB-485 filers.
We anticipate that USCIS will officially release the information sooner or later. Please stay tuned.

-----------
All 485 filers with lated PDs-PD>=2005 probably from India,China can sit back and forget GC for a while. 800K might affect ROW also probably.
Number looks crazily huge- that too all are EB applications.

EAD is only thing one has to content with for years to come.

The interesting piece would be how many visas USCIS wasted this year. Maybe they need to pull back unused numbers, similar to 2001....

source - immigration-law.com
10/03/2007: Total EB-485 Applications Received in July and August 2008

The attendees of the AILA Conference on 09/28/2007 report that the total EB-485 application which were received relating to the July VB fiasco turned out to be approximately 800,000. Unbelievably, this number is close to 750,000 we predicted when July VB broke out. The numbers are reportedly broken out as follows:
320,000 stand alone 485 applications
40,000 concurrently filed 485 applications
About 400,000 485 applications filed by the spouses and children of the principal EB-485 filers.
We anticipate that USCIS will officially release the information sooner or later. Please stay tuned.

-----------
All 485 filers with lated PDs-PD>=2005 probably from India,China can sit back and forget GC for a while. 800K might affect ROW also probably.
Number looks crazily huge- that too all are EB applications.

EAD is only thing one has to content with for years to come.

I am seeing a massive "REVERSE BRAIN DRAIN" - just waiting to happen.
If what was published-800K is true,I am almost 100% sure no one will wait that long for a GC and people returning to their home countries en masse is inevitable - at least in case of Indians and Chinese since both economies are booming with money,oppurtunities,endless growth etc.

Holy shit.

What about retrogressed countries?

This is a nightmare for everyone given EB limits and per country max

USCIS will sort it out!

If any of us have posted that, all the categories will be current in july . Nobody would have believed!

USCIS cannot let 8,00,000 applications to soak for a long time, after a year or two, I would expect them to clear most of it.

patience my friend. Lot of my friends were on H1b for 9yrs before they saw the EAD, we are the lucky/gifted ones. some 1 year old H1b guys will get to see their EADs.

I eagerly waiting for "July 2007 solution fisco" ....

Even VB Fiasco had an explanation and reasoning of some kind.
Unless there is a legislative change that is brought in, EB Green Card will become like another Family Based GC - once can wait 10+ years.

In current situation with 800K total 485 applications,even re-capturing past 300K unused visa numbers will also not cause much effect.

Its optimistic to think things will work its way,but not sure how much intent is there in part of Congress to really provide any relief to Legal Immigration or do they really want 800K immigrants to really become permanent in short time period?