Let's complain about slow processing at TSC

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
All,

I think we need to be proactive and take some action. In the first week of June when TSC started approving cases and NSC wasn't, NSC folks complained to the USCIS Ombudsman and DHS Hotline. Please see the following thread..

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=252403

This worked positively for the NSC applicants and we've seen many approvals from NSC thereafter. TSC approvals seem to have slowed down considerably. I think we need to do the same. Here are the two things we can do.

1. Write a letter to the USCIS Ombudsman.

E-mail to:
cisombudsman.trends@dhs.gov
USCIS-COMPLAINT@DHS.GOV

Processing Delays at Texas Service Center for EB Cases that have become current on June 1, 2007

Respected Mr. Ombudsman,

I am representing hundreds of Employment based green card applicants who have become current on June 1, 2007 for final Adjustment of Status at the Texas Service Center. You are very well acquainted with the causes of procedural delays in USCIS processing. Apart from procedural delays due to heavy work loads, there are delays attributable to security/background checks and delays caused by visa unavailability. The phenomenon of visa unavailability has caused applicants to apply for multiple EAD cards, Advance Paroles and Finger printing (a pre-condition for an officer to consider the case).

In view of the above requirements and circumstances, obtaining an approval from a service center has become a rare occurrance due to the number of pre-conditions that need to be satisified. Therefore when a visa number becomes current for an application on which all processing is complete, it is reasonable for an applicant to expect that the service center has sufficient resources to speedily approve the case before priority dates move back again.

It has been the recent experience of most of us whose cases are with Texas Service Center, that cases have not even be assigned to an officer after the priority dates for June were released in May. The reason given is "we were unaware of the volume of applications that will become current and do not have sufficient officers to process these cases speedily".

I wanted to bring this matter to your attention because, this explanation is completely unacceptable when a legal immigrant has complied with all pre-conditions imposed by USCIS including but not limited to the current processing timeline for the case type mentioned for the service center.

I will appreciate it if you could contact the Texas Service Center and obtain an explanation for such lack of preparedness on their part. The service center is currently asking applicants to wait for another 60-90 days for assignment of cases to an officer and processing of the case by the officer. During this time if the priority dates move back, the applicant might have to wait another couple of years for an approval.

I will appreciate your response and assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

2. Call DHS Hotline and complain.

I just called this DHS hotline and complained about NSC slow processing and how it effects those who are in line.

Please call 18003238603 or fax to 2022544292

remember you don't need to reveal your identity, so everyone please call this number and letz put some pressure on these guys

This is your last chance, please call and ask your friends who are stuck in NSC also to call

Please do participate in this and send email...we should try all we could to press this issue with USCIS bosses.

i have sent two emails....

Called the hotline and sent email

I think its a good initiative..........we have do all we can when we have the chance.i called the hotline number and it went to the inspector general of DHS office and i spoke to a guy there and he took some notes and also told me to call the 8003755283 number.

I do NOT support this!!!
This is a very rudimentary judgement.

I don't think it is rudimentary. It's been 3 weeks since TSC approvals have slowed down. Look at the NSC 485 forum and compare their approvals with ours. We don't have a lot of time. They are for sure going to run out of visa numbers pretty soon.

MA_laobr
I agree with you. Thanks for posting the details.
I just sent an email and will call the 1800 number now.

Fresh NSC's approvals have already started pouring in today for second week in a row...we are yet to see more than 2 approvals a day from TSC for more than 2 weeks now.

Thanks MA_Labor.

I'm faxing it right away!!! Your initiative is well appreciated. We can't let this slip thru the cracks one more time. We have waited enough.

Important !!!

Great Initiative MA_Labor,

I have already sent the email.....

Called the number 18003238603 but the guy asked to call this new number 877-246-8253. I called this number and talked to a nice gentemen who asked me to
write the concerns supported with facts and either email or fax it.

email address: joint.intake@dhs.gov
Fax: 202-344-3390

Can someone come up with a letter format which we all can fax/email?

okay i sent it to all 3 e-mail ids. I hope the get inundated with the flood of e-mails, faxes and phones calls and do something about it.
--Naveen Oshos

this is really good initiative..

i will send this evening when I go home..no access at work. BTW i just spoke to IO at TSC, she was very..said that still the case not been downloaded/migrated fully into TSC system and not been assigned to any one. the file is some where in the storage/shelf area...they can only make it special/speed only if ur in military.

EB3, India
PD - Oct 2001
RD - Nov 2004
vsc-..>tsc March 7th
AD->>waiting..

awesome job

This is valuable information. I think it is really important to bring our concerns to DHS. After NSC folks complained, 7700 visa numbers were issued to NSC.

Great Initiative MA_Labor,

I have already sent the email.....

Called the number 18003238603 but the guy asked to call this new number 877-246-8253. I called this number and talked to a nice gentemen who asked me to
write the concerns supported with facts and either email or fax it.

email address: joint.intake@dhs.gov
Fax: 202-344-3390

Can someone come up with a letter format which we all can fax/email?

CIS Customer Service: 1-800-375-5283. Call before 4:00 PM EST

Hi,

I called DHS Hotline: 1-877-246-8253 .

But lady over there gave me another #: 1-202-272-1500 for CIS complaints.

Then, I tried above #. Another polite man took my call and gave me another contact# for CIS Customer Service: 1-800-375-5283. Well, this is well known USCIS 1-800 #.

But, I need to call there before 4:00 PM EST.

Last edited by a moderator: