Let freedom reign - WAC 030945xxxx approved

485_if_ever

Registered Users (C)
Unlike operation 'Iraqi Freedom' which seems to go on forever, my personal operation 'GC Freedom' seems to have come to an end. I received mails (2 each for me, my wife and son) delivering the happy news. Seems they sent it yesterday night. But I got to see it only today morning.

'This case has been approved. On October 7, 2004, an approval notice was
mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.'

A bit of my case history -
LC applied - August 2, 2001. This went back and forth between state and federal a couple of times.
Applied concurrently for 140 and 485 on a substitute LC on Jan 31, 2003.
140 approved April 7, 2003.
Ist FP done April 11, 2004
Original LC approved in Feb, 2004
Changed jobs in March, 2004
RFE for wife and son on July 7, 2004
RFE reply recd by USCIS on July 23, 2004
Second FP scheduled for Sept 23, 2004 but completed on August 31, 2004
FP results recd by USCIS on Sept 3, 2004
Raised inquiry on Sept 21, 2004 after the release of the Sept 17 report
Faxed - Many times, lost count. Remember sending the last fax on October 6, 2004 (maybe this helped)

Others have got philosophical about this milestone as to how they unnecessarily got stressed about something which was inevitable and that we should be idiots to let this rule our life. My 2 cents - the stress is not unnecessary. Till you get approved and uncertainity prevails, you have a right to be stressed out. That is something which will encourage you to keep the pressure on USCIS by faxing, contacting lawmakers, filing lawsuits etc. Because if we take our eyes off the ball, big bad USCIS will again fall back to its old and inefficient ways. Don't for a moment think that they have changed.

On this topic, I would really like to express my heartfelt thanks to Kashmir, 140_takes4ever, Silly Man, and countless others who relentlessly kept the pressure on USCIS. I have seen Kashmir come to the townhall meetings with loads of documents to reinforce our arguments. He has been absolutely resolute in pushing for our rights.

Now that this chapter is behind me, maybe I can do my bit to give a kick to the US economy. Too many purchases have been held back pending a favorable resolution to our cases.

Could u pls tell us how u did the fax inquiry?

Hi 485_if_ever,
When u did the fax inquiry, did u just fax the inquiry form to USCIS or used a cover letter together with the inquiry form? Pls tell us some details about ur fax, such as which level to which u did the fax. Thanks a lot and congratulations again for ur freedom.

peaceinheart said:
Hi 485_if_ever,
When u did the fax inquiry, did u just fax the inquiry form to USCIS or used a cover letter together with the inquiry form? Pls tell us some details about ur fax, such as which level to which u did the fax. Thanks a lot and congratulations again for ur freedom.

I sent only the attached document. Nothing else, no cover letters or anything. I think this is a level II inquiry fax number.

Thanks for ur timely reply and enjoy ur freedom

Thanks again and hope u will keep visiting this forum in ur convenience. God bless all of us.

485_if_ever said:
Faxed - Many times, lost count. Remember sending the last fax on October 6, 2004 (maybe this helped)

485_if_ever,

Did you get a response for any of your faxes? I did 4 till now. None got any response.

Congratulations! Glad to see another person leave the quagmire.

485_if_ever said:
I would really like to express my heartfelt thanks to Kashmir, 140_takes4ever

Seriously it was nothing! Good luck for the future!