Less then 90 days!

tristan

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I was looking at a lot of you guys signatures, and lately in most cases it took less then 90 days to process.
Did all of you sent your papers later or you had early interviews? I can not wait :) but thinking to hold off or send it??
Please share.
Thank you!

An early interview (i.e. before your 3-year or 5-year GC anniversary) would generally result in either "decision cannot be made" or a rescheduled interview, either of which could have you waiting for several weeks after the initial interview date. It's up to you if you want to take that risk. You will suffer the consequences, not us.

i feel at present filing N400 75days before completion of 3yr/5yr GC period is more apt. Filing 90 days before, more often than not, results in more delay.

Thank you
So when would you recomend to mail the docs off?
Or could you also postpone fingerprints if you feel that it is too early?>>>

I would wait 60 days before your eligibility date before applying. Granted these things vary from place to place but it seems like the fingerprinting seems to happen within 4-6 weeks of the initial mailing and the interview another 4-6 weeks later. The oath date is a total crapshoot which depends on your district office and can vary from same day as interview to 3.5 months wait in MA.

Just a thought:
Majority of people who applied, did not go on this forum and have no idea that the process is so streamlined that it actually takes less then 90 days.
But i can not imagine so many people who did everything by the book and apply exactly 90 days before, they all get "can'not make decision" answer. USNIC must be flooded with undecided cases like this. But it surely not the case here looking at the statistics.
I think the USINC must have some automatic tikers that will not schedule the interview unless computer sees the 3/5 year anniversary.
And some pure folks just got unluky with comp glitches.
It is not that i try to justify my case to send it right 90 days before, NO, it is just an analisys

Hi
I was looking at a lot of you guys signatures, and lately in most cases it took less then 90 days to process.
Keep in mind that process vary from state to state. It is not same aplying in NY, CA or UT... Look at signatures from your state to get more acurate data.

Majority of people who applied, did not go on this forum and have no idea that the process is so streamlined that it actually takes less then 90 days.
The majority of people who do not visit this forum or any other immigration forum are not as highly motivated to get citizenship ASAP as the people here. Most in the general public don't even start to fill out the form and allocate the money and understand the process until they are already past the 90-day mark. So by the time they apply, it is usually at 60 days or later, often beyond the 5-year anniversary itself.

But i can not imagine so many people who did everything by the book and apply exactly 90 days before, they all get "can'not make decision" answer.
Yes, that or some variation of it always happens -- some even show up for the interview and are told the interview is rescheduled.

There was a case where the guy got a same-day oath even though it was before the 5-year anniversary -- but right before the oath the supervisor had removed him from it and told him to wait for an oath letter in the mail. And then things got crazy -- See http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?311426

Which District Office you come under?

That matters a lot.

Also, if you look at Jan/Feb/March trackers in this forum, you will get a rough idea about how long it takes in your DO....

IPL-fan,
It is South Florida
Lockbox for peperwork - Lewisville, TX
I do not see anybody from here
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: