Less than 5 days for interview(Mumbai), not submitted documents yet.

contactape

Hello,

I have less than 5 days for interview for revalidation at Mumbai consulate, and haven't submitted documents yet - didn't know the rule. Will go submit Monday.

I took the appointment online. Did anyone had same exprience?

What would happen? The website says not submitting within 5 days may result in cancellation of appointment. I am a bit scared.

Would appreciate any help/experience.

Thanks,
Ape.

douments

Hi There,

Do not be concerned too much about it. This happens to many people all the time. Just mail your documents at the earliest and contact the VFS office personally in Mumbai and explain the situation. They are the ones who manage your application and documents till it get to the VO on the day of your appointment.

Wish you good luck

Subramanya

Is it really necessary to submit the document before interview? I though, we could directly go to consulate with all the documents.

Document submission

Hi GC and Contact person,

It may not be that essential to submit documets before the interview, but as a matter of routine follow the instructions when filling out the forms and adhere to their norms.

Do not get questioned for not following. This leads to further questioning and since time of essence during the visa interview, the least the VO wants to do is discuss such issues with you, and on the other hand you do want to spend time explaining the pros and cons of these matters.

Best bet, submit the documents and be ready for any questioning

Hope this helps

Subramanya

Subramanya, Thanks for your response.
My dad went to the consulate this morn, and VFS accepted the application. So now it's alright.
But still I was a bit concerned. Your response relieves me a lot.
Appreciate it,
Ape.

Did you submitted all original documents or copy of the documents? I am planning to do emergency appt. for renewal and I may not be able to send all the originals to VFS. Any input/advise? Thanks.

contactape said:
Subramanya, Thanks for your response.
My dad went to the consulate this morn, and VFS accepted the application. So now it's alright.
But still I was a bit concerned. Your response relieves me a lot.
Appreciate it,
Ape.

Documents

Did you submitted all original documents or copy of the documents? I am planning to do emergency appt. for renewal and I may not be able to send all the originals to VFS. Any input/advise? Thanks.

Hi Saro,

You question is not clear? Is it anything to do with a question that the previous person in the thread? or is it a new question? Anyway, the response is as follows.

If you are submitting by mail any personal documents like your degree certificates, birth certificates, then you submit the photpcopies of these documents since they are stamped and dated by VFS and the US Consulate (After all everyone wants a record of receipt and delivery).

At the time of interview produce the originals on request. The VO is not interested in looking at the originals unless it is relevant and absolutely necessary. You have to keep them with you in person, as you never know what certificate might be asked.

Hope this info helps. Else, drop a line and there will be responses. Wish you good luck

Subramanya

gcseeker78 said:
Is it really necessary to submit the document before interview? I though, we could directly go to consulate with all the documents.

Yes Yes and Yes. It is absolutely necessary to submit documents before and not carry with you inside. It happened right in front of me, they asked an old couple to leave because they did not mail there documents. It might not be for H1B visa but there point was you have to submit your documents in mail before going for interview.

I have a related problem. I was unaware of the Mumbai rule till I went for the interview. Naturally they cancelled my interview, and now I have set up an emergency appointment for 20th July. I have submitted my docs to the VFS this time.
I am apprehensive about the interview: What kind of questioning might I face because of this mess-up? Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience.
Thanks
Sunny

Documents

Dear Sunny,

Do not get worried, there is no mess up or any such done by you. As I had written earlier, theis is just normal and happens all the time. Remember due to the resubmission you will not be questioned (the issue is too small for aVO to waste his time on). The questioning that you will come across will be related only to your H1 visa, qualifications, experience, type of job, length of stay etc.

We are confident that you get through the interview very quickly and there should be no hassles. We look forward to seeing a message from you about your successful interview and stamping

Good luck

Subramanya

visa approved

Hey Subramanya, thanks for the good wishes! I had my interview this morning, and got the visa approved. It was a very normal interview, with NO questioning about the emergency thing (just as you said!). The only documents checked were my degree (since I had a student visa before) and payslips from my job. The questions were very simple and casual.
Thanks for your message though! This forum has been great for support and advice.
Sunny

Excellent

Hey Subramanya, thanks for the good wishes! I had my interview this morning, and got the visa approved. It was a very normal interview, with NO questioning about the emergency thing (just as you said!). The only documents checked were my degree (since I had a student visa before) and payslips from my job. The questions were very simple and casual.
Thanks for your message though! This forum has been great for support and advice.

Hi Sunny,

Congratulations, Hope everyone is as lucky as you. May your tribe increase and hope everyone's interview is as short and brief as yours. Hope others will read your experience. Keep in touch with the forum.

Subramanya