• It will raise awareness minimally

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • It will raise no awareness

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Legals are too scared to make any public statement

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do not be fooled and do not fool yourself.

Dago_Red, I had the same thought as you do and followed all the rules. During the years, I saw people who were denied temporary visitor visas based on groundless suspicion held by those visa officers that they would immigrate to the US. On the other hand, I saw tons of people who granted the visas broke laws and extended illegal stays in the US. The difference I saw was the previous group of people respects the US so much that they so closely followed the rules and were also honest. However, the latter group does not care about anything ... they cheat and violate laws without any hesitation. Respecting the law has never been in their mind. Their thought is "it does not matter, there will be an amnesty, worst scenario I would never be here again". This blunt disrespect of laws manifests itself in recent illegal demonstrations. I read in one of the articles, the illegal said something like "I will come back again if I get departed".

So do not get fooled any more and most importantly do not fool yourself and others.

Hi All

I posted a similar thread on this subject. I am so tired of waiting and being on their mercy that I even thought about protesting in Garden City, requesting my rights.

Unfortunatelly, or fortunatelly I did not get any response to it. Few people wrote bad comments about illegals but that's all.

I truly believe that we kind of lost our change to improve our situation, or maybe not yet?????

The eyes of the nation are still on immigration issues.
I TRULY BELIEVE THAT PROTEST FROM US, LEGAL IMMIGRANTS, WOULD DO A LOT.

AND LET SEE HOW STUPID WILL BUSH, H.CLINTON, and others similar them (I USED TO BE HER FAN) LOOK THEN...HOPE THEY WILL IMPEACH HIM BEFORE WE ATTACK IRAN...

Plus all this protest in NYC. I was there and actually argued a bit with one American.......oh poor people, they die crossing the border lol, he says, how stupid do you have to be to not get what's really going on.

The same happend with the war on Iraq. Americans got wrong info, and wrong idea. Now the same. Polls say, that around 70% supports amnesty ( also support the border protection, but come on, they better do lol) to these "poor" people. Well, because they have know idea whats happening to us LEGAL immigrants. To shead little light would not heart them....hey maybe even prevent from going the the next war

So let me know if they are any plans, because I AM IN

Regards to All

I am definitely pro action. I posted a tread about protesting in Garden City, and I replied to your thread, but for some reason I do see it here.

Anyway, I wrote a lot, but now to make it short, I think we are loosing our, LEGALS, chanse to change something.

If you are planning something let me know on private message.

I AM IN FOR EVERYTHING

hara_patta said:
Dago_Red,

You're hilarious. I guess you're the kind of person who invites guests to dinner and then doesn't serve them, and then you complain if they call you a bad host.

Also, you say as a "legal" alien in any country, I should swallow whatever swill they dish out. I guess you're ok with illegals asking for their "rights" but not legals, who are only asking for the timely and fair completion of a STATED CONTRACT.

I am an aspiring legal immigrant. I have diligently fulfilled everything that the legal and social contract has required of me. All I'm asking for is the fulfillment of the counter-party's obligations in the contract: social, as well as legal.

Are you saying that its too much to ask? Are you saying that its too much to ask of a Western, democratic, law-abiding, fair and just society? Are you saying that America, the bastion of the Capitalist contract, is incapable (or unwilling) to follow through on its basic guarantees of execution on legal, written contracts?

If I'm an alien, what planet are you from?

Anti-Work-Stoppage

All,

We keep the Fortune 500 humming. We treat patients. We teach budding scientists and engineers. We are the competitive edge of America.

Work stoppages just aren't things that people like us do.

We work hard, with our minds. We are the knowledge workers.

The illegal immigrants can try to show the impact of their not being at work. All they have to offer are threats, negativity, and sob stories of self-righteous poverty.

We can show the impact of us BEING at work--very hard at work. We can offer the positive vision of constructive immigration reform that this country so urgently needs.

On June 1, we'll work an hour extra; yes, even on top of the mad hours we put in week in and week out.

There is a month-and-a-half between now and June 1. Lets get the press involved. Lets make this big. There will be no stickers here, just our visibility.

This plan will succeed only if we have press coverage. If we don't have any coverage by the time June 1 comes along, then we might as well just call the whole thing off, pack our bags, go to India or China and let the Fortune 500 explain to their shareholders why the companies have ceased to function.

read more on this effort at http://legalsfirst.blogspot.com