Legalities Issues Thinking Ahead, I would appreciate any Help

TheRA

Okay for the background,

I came to US in 1999 as a student on F1 for Biomedical Engineering, joined Masters in Nanotechnology thereafter without wasting time. Till now have never gone back home,

a) My stamp F-1 Stamp expired in 2003

b) Unfortunately I lost my passport, I -94 and SSN in 2004 and since then have applied for a duplicate passport, I -94 and SSN.

c) Received all the above documents but dont have F1 the stamp on my duplicate passport.

d) I have never ever left the country since 1999

c) I have never spend a single second out of status and have all the valid documents and I-20s to prove my case that I was never illegal.

d) I also have the police report for the lost doucuments and the letter from school stating that I lost my doucumnets and that I have maintained a legal status while new ones were being processed.

QUESTION:

If I go for H1B stamping next year, should I be cautious about anything, I can prove anything they want and I am not wanting to make a fool out of them at at point, but the question is, will they patiently listen to my story or not?

Would it be better to go to Canada for stamping or just India following the fact that I have never left the country?

Would they be willing to take a look at the photocopies of my old passport and visa stamp?

Thanks guys, in advance, I know its a long post but any input is appreciated, and I would also appreciate personal messages. I will surely get back to you with a thank you note. :D

You never mentioned anything about H-1B petition filed with your employer. How can you go for stamping without (1) getting an offer letter and (2) filing a H-1B petition

If you have already done so, can you post your details about H-1B petition here?