Legal status after I140-OR approval

aniline

Hello Gurus!!

I have question on my legal status after I140OR approval. I485 is still pending (concurrent filing). In the event of layoff, am I legal to stay until I find a new job?

Thanks

YES!
if you have filed I-485.
you are legal to stay as pending AOS

after lay off/after i-140 approval
after i-140 approval...its rule (they say...i haven't found solid document as yet) they say for any kind of employment based petition you shd atleast work for 6 months before changing job or before getting lay off........strictly nobody is clear about this rule.......

I think the relevant rule is that if 140 is approved & 485 is pending & there is a layoff, you have 6 months to find another similar job. during this 6 month period you have legal status, after 6 months without job you may be out of status (based on info in this forum)

the other related rule is that if 140 is approved & 485 is pending for 6 months you are allowed to change jobs - needs to be a similar job though. (based on info in this forum).

similar question

My PERM is approved now and filing 140, my h1b1 is expiring in June 30,2005, Am i legal to stay till the approval comes (may be 4-6 months), if i stay here and 140 approval comes in August, can i apply for extension of H1 though there will be a gap, anybody knew the answer gurus please
Can i apply for O1 based on my University teaching job, In case i go on O1, is it possible to switch back to H1 if 140 is approved, Thanks i will appreciate your answers, iam in a tough situation here